PDA

View Full Version : Claimers can be useful

terryframe12
21st June 2007, 14:02
I've been using a system which utilises form study so its more of a method than just a system. I've been trialling this for a month and its going fairly well. However, at the moment I only back these horses to place as backing to win is only just 2pts in profit thanks to a recent 16/1 winner and an 8/1 winner on the same day. Prior to that it was -22pts. I guess it's a little too soon to think about backing them to win. Strike rate for placing though is pretty good so far.

My rules for the place bet though are that I would insist on getting at least 2.01 on the exchange. Not really sure yet if backing at shorter prices would be profitable in the long run.

I've got four qualifiers today and at the moment I think only two of them meet my price requirement. Hope I'm not complicating this too much. For the record I'll post up the SP's only and you can decided whether or not these are worth backing for place only on the exchange. I find the discrepancies can be quite varied when backing for a place. One 2/1 shot can be backed at 1.96 while another is around 1.63.

2.55 Ling - Fulvio/unplcd
3.30 Ling - Mambazo/1st @10/3
4.35 Ripon - Dee Cee Elle/unplcd
5.10 Ripon - Tidy/unplcd

Terry

counterfeit
21st June 2007, 18:42
Only Mambazo placed and odds must have been far too short.

Typical that on the first day you post it's a wipeout.

terryframe12
22nd June 2007, 09:48
Only Mambazo placed and odds must have been far too short.

Typical that on the first day you post it's a wipeout.

Another four today

4.00 Redcar - Kenmore/uunplcd
7.05 Newm - Zamboozle/unplcd
7.50 Mssb - Attaca/3rd@10/1
9.20 Mssb - Sandwith/unplcd

Here's hoping for a better day:wiggle:

Terry

MarcusMel
22nd June 2007, 09:59
We look forward to long term results. :)

terryframe12
23rd June 2007, 13:13
Only one placed yesterday at 10/1.

A busy day with it being a Saturday, am constantly analysing results to see if certain angles are more profitable than others.

Todays are

2.25 Ayr - Kames Park
3.00 Redcar - Squirtle
4.00 Ayr - Dorn Dancer
5.10 Ayr - Curtail
7.30 Ling - Lincolneurocruiser

Terry