PDA

View Full Version : Dundee hit with 25-point penalty

Win2Win Racing
1st November 2010, 17:40
Scottish First Division club Dundee are deducted 25 points for going into administration.

More... (http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/sport1/hi/football/teams/d/dundee/9146206.stm)

bigcumba
1st November 2010, 23:33
I always find this strange... club is in trouble, so they hit them with such a severe punishment that they have no chance or incentive to try and get out of that trouble.. I feel so sorry for their fans..

vegyjones
1st November 2010, 23:58
The reason that they are punished so harshly is because by going into Aminstration they have obviously been spending more money than they have. If Orient chairman Barry Hearn had his way, teams entering Administration would be relegated 2 divisions automatically.

Hi reason being is that they have entered Administration because they overspent, by overspending, they have clearly been trading with money they didn't have and thus have been cheating when others have been balancing their books.

His reasoning is slightly flawed in that Orient trade at about a £600k loss every year and only survive through loans from Barry Hearns parent company. The debt accumulated since Hearn took over was cleared when he bought our ground. But when the money that left us with runs out and we have no ground as an asset with which to bargain with, I don't know how he is going to jusitfy not putting us into some form of Insolvency (and I don't think our fan base is large enough to warrent anyone taking over which will mean liquidation). I hope that I am wrong and something drastic happens in the next year or two to change things but I feel at the rate we are going my team won't exist in 10 years time.

Worrying times.

Win2Win
2nd November 2010, 10:12
....and back in about 1963 Orient were fighting Liverpool for the Division 2 championship, with the Reds nicking it in the final 2 games :heartshape1:

mathare
2nd November 2010, 10:30
....and back in about 1963 Orient were fighting Liverpool for the Division 2 championship, with the Reds nicking it in the final 2 games :heartshape1:Could be happening again in 2013 the way Liverpool are going this season :laughitupsmilie:

Win2Win
2nd November 2010, 14:45
:voodoo::voodoo::voodoo::voodoo::voodoo::voodoo:

MattR
2nd November 2010, 16:53
That's asking a lot of Orient.......:biggrin:

:peeky