PDA

View Full Version : No action taken against Redknapp

Win2Win Racing
2nd November 2010, 19:19
Harry Redknapp escapes FA punishment for describing Manchester United winger Nani's goal on Saturday as "a farce".

More... (http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/sport1/hi/football/teams/t/tottenham_hotspur/9151607.stm)

Win2Win
2nd November 2010, 20:20
I don't think he said anything wrong.... what happened to free speech??

scoobydoo
3rd November 2010, 11:40
Interesting that he warned them not to punish him, or he wouldnt not do any more TV interviews. People are speculating this morning that he may well be being lined up as next Engalnd manager.

MattR
3rd November 2010, 16:15
Ah, the familiar sound of toys being thrown out of the pram :biggrin: It's fine by me if he doesn't do any more interviews, he's always whining. He was the same when he was Pompey manager, he's never lost a game down to his managing. It's always been down to better teams or being down to the bare bones or someone elses fault.

England manager, hmmm. We would play entertaining football that's for sure and he would motivate the players. Ultimately though he wouldn't have a top foreign creative player to use unfortunately!

mathare
3rd November 2010, 16:22
That's it with 'Arry though isn't it? He may not be a wheeler dealer (much!) but he does need to make a few signings wherever he goes, bring in a bit of international flair. What's he going to do in the England job when he can't sign a few foreigners? The English talent only goes so deep and I can't see 'Arry coping without having a chequebook to flash when he needs some new blood

MattR
3rd November 2010, 17:38
That's exactly it Mat and does sum up why we don't achieve anything in the tournaments. We don't have that creative, fluid passing team that seems to be necessary to win tournaments. Not to mention that we also ship goals when we play against the top teams! As I said,we'd be entertaining under Harry but probably achieve the same end result. I know we always groan when we see the squads and see some of the players called up but when you take a good look at it there are very few options once you get beyond the first choice 11.