PDA

View Full Version : England 'underdogs' in 2018 vote

Win2Win Racing
29th November 2010, 17:37
The chief executive of England's 2018 World Cup bid says they feel like underdogs and that it is inevitable negative media stories will have an impact.

More... (http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/sport1/hi/football/9238520.stm)

Win2Win
30th November 2010, 11:09
So come on.... throw your hat in the ring? Will we win it?

I've said for about a year that FIFA policy is to give it to countries that need bringing into the football family, have no stadiums, not hotels, high crime, so Russia will win in a canter :laughitupsmilie: :doh1:

scoobydoo
30th November 2010, 13:30
FIFA can stick it up there :butthead:...I really couldnt give a flying :censored:. They are as bent as prob the country that will end up getting it, let em have it I say.:biggrin:

Win2Win
30th November 2010, 14:05
They are as bent as prob the country that will end up getting it
So you're going for England then? :laughitupsmilie:

scoobydoo
30th November 2010, 17:22
So you're going for England then? :laughitupsmilie:

Actually, yeah now we are under this shower of :censored: govt, I probably agree with you Keith :smile:

vegyjones
30th November 2010, 23:46
I don't think we had a chance anyway, even before the Panorama thing. Everyone knows how Blatter, Platini and Co feel about England.

I think Belgium and the Neterlands will get it.

As for 2022, the US, Japan and South korea have alll recently hosted, so it has to be Australia or Qatar doesn't it? Qatar probably have more money than Oz, but I reckon either would be good. No australasian or middle eastern country has ever hosted before, so it would be a first whichever won.