PDA

View Full Version : Capello considers Terry captaincy

Win2Win Racing
15th March 2011, 01:58
England boss Fabio Capello says he is considering relieving Rio Ferdinand of his captaincy duties and handing the armband back to former skipper John Terry.

More... (http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/sport1/hi/football/9424957.stm)

Win2Win
15th March 2011, 09:57
:doh1::doh1::ermmm:ermmm:crazy::crazy:

scoobydoo
15th March 2011, 12:03
What happens the next time Terry is caught doing something dodgy...you know it will happen. He should be told by the FA, you make this decision, be it on your head.

Win2Win
15th March 2011, 13:44
If he's looking for a captain with stability surely he needs to pick someone in the mid-20's ..... he should be thinking of the next 2 tournament, and Rio & Terry are unlikey to be around for the next WC, except in plaster and a wheelchair :biggrin:

MattR
17th March 2011, 17:52
While there may not be many options, that is ridiculous if he gives it back to Terry. Hard to think who else would be an option when considering they need to be experienced, preferably not be in the paper for scandal (terry, rooney, cole) and must be a nailed on pick for the team as well. Barry maybe as he seems to be a regular, not that he'd be in my England team but at least he has experience and isn't generally in the papers for the wrong reasons. You know what though? I'm not sure I care any more. We;ve been let down by that shower of so called professional footballers too many times.