Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.

Thread: Placepot & Quadpot rules

Placepot & Quadpot rules

This is for anyone following the placepots I put on the forum, or Keith's placepots on the win2win website. :) SHould help clear up any confusion (mine usually!)

Placepot rules

Placepot bets take place daily at every British race meeting. The aim is to select a placed horse in all 6 Placepot races at your selected meeting. The Placepot races are always races 1 - 6 unless otherwise stated.

Bets must be placed before the first race and dividends are declared after the last Placepot race.

Stakes: Single line entries are accepted with a minimum stake of £1, rising thereafter in multiples of 10p. Permutation entries are accepted with a minimum stake of 10p, rising thereafter in multiples of 10p, providing a minimum total of £2 is staked.

Horses can be selected by racecard number, horse name or un-named favourite. Should the racecard number of an overnight declared runner be allocated to a reserve horse, the reserve horse(s) will be re-numbered sequentially in line with Tote Racecourse Cash Rules.

Should a Placepot race become a walkover or a specified race is not run or is declared void, the pool(s) will operate on the remaining Placepot races. In this event total stakes on permutation entries are applied in full to the remaining races.

Where a selection becomes a non-runner it will be replaced by the Starting Price favourite.

Where there are joint favourites, the joint favourite with the lowest racecard number will be taken. Should the favourite be withdrawn before coming under Starters Orders and too late for a new favourite to be made, the horse returned at the next shortest price will be taken. Where two or more horses are returned at the next shortest price, the one with the lowest racecard number will be taken. If no Starting Price is returned the first actual runner quoted in the Racing Post betting forecast will be taken. Should the Racing Post not publish a betting forecast, settlement will be made in line with Tote Racecourse Cash Rules. In the event of a Placepot pool being cancelled bets for the pool concerned will be void.

Quadpot rules

Quadpot bets take place daily at every British race meeting. The aim is to select a placed horse in 4 Quadpot races at your selected meeting. The Quadpot races are always races 3 - 6 unless otherwise stated.

Bets must be placed before the third race and dividends are declared after the last Quadpot race.

Stakes: Single line entries are accepted with a minimum stake of £1, rising thereafter in multiples of 10p. Permutation entries are accepted with a minimum stake of 10p, rising thereafter in multiples of 10p, providing a minimum total of £2 is staked.

Horses can be selected by racecard number, horse name or un-named favourite. Should the racecard number of an overnight declared runner be allocated to a reserve horse, the reserve horse(s) will be re-numbered sequentially in line with Tote Racecourse Cash Rules.

Should a Quadpot race become a walkover or a specified race is not run or is declared void, the pool(s) will operate on the remaining Quadpot races. In this event total stakes on permutation entries are applied in full to the remaining races.

Where a selection becomes a non-runner it will be replaced by the Starting Price favourite.

Where there are joint favourites, the joint favourite with the lowest racecard number will be taken. Should the favourite be withdrawn before coming under Starters Orders and too late for a new favourite to be made, the horse returned at the next shortest price will be taken. Where two or more horses are returned at the next shortest price, the one with the lowest racecard number will be taken. If no Starting Price is returned the first actual runner quoted in the Racing Post betting forecast will be taken. Should the Racing Post not publish a betting forecast, settlement will be made in line with Tote Racecourse Cash Rules. In the event of a Quadpot pool being cancelled bets for the pool concerned will be void.

My keyboard's running out of ink....

For anyone who wants to try these bets out I'd go for the placepot as it offers a generally much better payout.

I will add, that both, depending on the number of lines you go for can be very valuable bets.

Excellent post Campbell, easy to understand, I recommend you make it sticky so it stays at the top. :)

Please take a look at:
    My Photostream on Flickr

Thanks John, consider it well and truly stuck! :)

My keyboard's running out of ink....

Yes indeed the placepot rules are correct.
    Though saying that that is for only at the racecourse. For the record:
    The minimum bet is actually 5p ( where if you wish you could just do one line ) obviously costing just 5p in any high street bookmakers. The minimum stake for a quadpot is 10p in any high street bookmakers.
    The reason i know this cos i put on bets on for an old fellow down the road.
    He use to do 8 lines at 5p costing just 40p lol

The rules were taken directly from the Tote website and were correct at the time of posting (5 years ago!!)

An update would be apt then.

I've no problem with sticking it out for the long-term using 3% of the bank on single win bets for the serious stuff, but in amongst the hard-nosed punting, I was going try a Placepot on the odd occasion (and being a tight Scot, it will be just the odd occasion ). Any ideas or tips on what to use for selections? (I've got the Running for Profit system and am a W2W member).

Thread Information