Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.

Thread: Racing Post Race Cards

Racing Post Race Cards

I've updated the interactive Racing Post card that I drew up some months back so that it better reflects how the new cards look. I've also added a button on the introduction that allows you to download an .exe version of the same file that you can then run from your PC without the need to go online, bookmark the page, etc.

Changes to date are:
    1. Removed the Bet now symbols
    2. Altered references from Postmark (PM) to Racing Post Revised (RPR)
    3. Added button link to download an executable version

To see the new version go here http://www.pi.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/test/RPcard.html

If Keith, or any other budding racing webmasters, want to host their own version I'll happily send you the relevant files if you let me have your email address. For interest, it's a single 258kb Zip file that contains (unzipped sizes):
    1kb HTML file
    23kb SWF file
    410kb EXE file

If you don't want to provide a download option then you'll only need the first two files.

Very useful. Well done! :)

No worries, only too glad to help out.

If anyone actually tries to download the executable version, can you let me know what it looks like? It looks fine on my PC which is a good start but if it seems too small, or difficult to read, I can make some adjustments if that's what's required.

Cheers

I've made this 'sticky' hope you don't have me arrested!! :)

Thanks for this.

FREE Live Odds Comparison Software

Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Filipino UK Filipino Forum | Win2Win Racing - Free Tips

RPR Ratings

What are the ratings out of? eg are they out of 100, 200 etc. im new toi all this so any help will b greatly appriciated.

Hi Arthur, sorry but I didn't see your post until today. Hope this answers your question though.

There are two ratings shown on the RP site - the one is the official (or British Horseracing Board's rating).
    Official ratings are the BHB's handicappers' assessment of a horse's current merit. They are based on a horse's form and determine the weights they are set to carry in handicaps - highest rated carries most weight, lowest rated carries least weight. Official BHB ratings are not published for non-handicap races. In this case you'll see that the RP displays the most recently published figure for the horse in italics.

The second rating is the one calculated by the RP themselves by their own private handicappers. They assess each horse's winning chance based on form so that the higher the rating the better the chance. Their ratings are also adjusted to 10st (12st jumps) and they also make an allowance for weight-for-age, in order to account for the fact that the horses may be set to carry different weights

In theory there's no upper limit to the ratings so they're not out of 100, 200, or anything. All horses will have a rating of 0 when they start and then, after they've run a couple of times and depending upon performance, their ratings will either increase or decrease. A horse that wins a Class 1 handicap will have their rating increased more than if it had won a Class 5 race against weaker opposition.

So Moscow Flyer, the current BHB Jump Horse of the Year, has a BHB rating of 180 and an RP adjusted rating of 166 (although it was 182 before it lost last time out). I believe that this 180 mark is the highest ever rating since the BHB adopted a new system a few years ago.

...and a / in the form means the season before last. E.g. 3/2301 means the horse didn't run last season, 3-2301 means it did.

a - means a change from one season to another.
    a / between 2 numbers means one of the races was a flat race the other a NH race

Quote Originally Posted by sportingprofit
    a / between 2 numbers means one of the races was a flat race the other a NH race
    You sure? I always thought Buddhabee's interpretation was correct and no distinction was made between flat and jumps in the form lines, only the days since last run

I'm fairly sure that the form numbers arn't mixed. They keep the meeting types separated. e.g if the horse has been abroad in a race or in a point to point the they seem to skip the result of that race. In fact if a horse has reciently run in a point to point you don't actually know about it unless a more informed comentator tells you.

If the race is a Chase you only get the Chase form results.
    If the race is a Hurdle you only get the Hurdle form results.
    and the same again for Flat races.

Marcus

I believe in the Mathematics of large numbers or ask you the occasional dumb question

Quote Originally Posted by sportingprofit
    I took the following explanaition from here...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/shared/...l/position.stm

The numbers indicate the position the horse finished in its most recent races. So 1 means first, while 0 normally indicates a placing out of the first three or four.

The dash (-) in between figures separates this season from last. The slash (/) separates this season from the season before for a horse which did not race last season.

P means the horse was pulled up and did not finish. R shows the horse refused to race. In jump racing, F is for a faller, while U says the horse unseated its rider

Have a read of this thread Wayne.

Glos....would you be able to send me those files that you mentioned? Keith or one of the lads can give you my email....much appreciated mate!

E-mail and remind me which address you're using these days please Fade and I will pass on to Glos...

Will do..thanks Mat

Quote Originally Posted by Fadetoblack View Post
    Glos....would you be able to send me those files that you mentioned? Keith or one of the lads can give you my email....much appreciated mate!

Deleted now as I think you've seen the instructions.

Thanks Glos, how will I send the link to ya (no pm)

Quote Originally Posted by Fadetoblack View Post
    Thanks Glos, how will I send the link to ya (no pm)
    Use a bit of that old Irish magic :wink

FREE Live Odds Comparison Software

Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Filipino UK Filipino Forum | Win2Win Racing - Free Tips

Thread Information