Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Daily Mirror System

Quote Originally Posted by korkie
    You claim to have over thirty years racing experiance and your still searching for that "Magic" formula! What I stated was Fact.
    So it's a FACT that there is nothing new to be discovered? Or never will be discovered? Because that's exactly what your're saying -- Whatever gets uncovered now, has been out there for years (your words). If you believe that, then, fair enough. I'm not going to argue with you about it.
    In answer to your question "why did'nt I post it up"? Dead simple, its been out there that long anybody with an interest in System's, would and should have been aware of it.
    I wasn't! Yes, I was familiar with the significance of the SF and F with topspot but I hadn't come across the refinement that OUTSIDE CHANCE applied. You were, apparently, so again, why didn't you post it instead of assuming that everyone else knew. Re-reading the five full pages of the thread it would appear to me that NOBODY was aware of it!

since when has visiting (lurking) message boards and reading the contents, been so contentious?
    I never suggested that perusing message boards was a "bad thing". Only when a person's first post on a topic is to belittle everything that went before, and then tell us that he "knew all about it" anyway. I mean, why bother?

I quite agree Ice.

Well, today was a no bet day for me - and just as well looking at the results with only 2 out of 4 coming in. Did anybody win anything today?

Gogga, with 3 qualifying races I work this out as needing 12 doubles, not 3. With only 2 races you need 4 doubles, so with 3 races surely it is 12 - unless you are doing something different (?)

Ta

gogga is offline Win2Win Racing Club Member

OC this system of mine is still under test..if there are 3 qualifying races I select only the spotted horse from the SF and F selections...which result in half the doubles. I play 3 multiple doubles and 1 tripple if 3 qualifying races or 6 doubles, 4 tripples and 1 EW 4 fold if 4 qualifying races. The idea behind it is that the spotted horse have a faster TS.

I only have done it twice in the last 2 weeks..the first time all 4 horse won..which was a nice bonus!! Today I missed the 2.00 at Cheltenham and used only 3 races..2 of the 3 won ...double approximately 15/1.

I still use the same selection criteria that you use. If only 2 qualifying races I follow your system.

“Not everything that counts can be counted,
    and not everything that can be counted counts."
    Albert Einstein

aaaah gotcha. Well it certainly sounds promising so far - good luck.

Thanks OC. I note that there are 4 qualifying races today, one being a beginners chase. Using your filters does that race count??

I know that you have a lot of experience with this system idea of yours and I would greatly appreciate any input from you on my variation( 3/4 qualifying races) of the system.

Albert Einstein

Gogga, I have found that the most profitable way of doing it is just using days when there are two qualifying races. I have, of course, looked into ways that it can be used when there are 3 or 4 races, but have never found a method that provides such a high strike rate as when there are just 2 races. I too looked at doing triples etc. when there are 3 races, and although these will make profits, they will not win as often as just sticking to doubles using 2 races.

It really depends on how you prefer to bet. My personal preference is to have a bit of patience, and just wait until the right opportunity arises to bet - i know then that i have about an 80% chance of it winning (strike rate with doubles). This cuts out longer losing runs, and higher expenditures on bets - obviously with triples etc. you need to spend more on your bets.

I did find though, that filtering the races down even further did not seem to make much of a difference to the results i.e. getting rid of the race with the most runners or shortest SP favourite etc. etc. If there are 3 races using my rules, then from my point of view there are three races - and i will not bet. Also, filtering the horses down within the qualifying races (i.e. using JUST the SF or JUST the F) did not have much of an impact, although the horse with SF and Spot did win about 10% more often than the horse with F and Spot.

Like I say, I have looked into ways that I can bet more often using this system, but found that my losing runs went up and my strike rate went down, except of course by soley betting when 2 qualifying races arise - hence this is the only time i bet. I personally do not like long losing runs, even if i come out on top at the end of it. A high strike rate is the main factor for me when using a system, and this is the only system that i know of that provides both such a high strike rate AND good value in the bets. Indeed, this is the only method I use to bet on horses. I am not really a fan of these systems that give a 40% strike rate, or something like that - it's just personal preference, but i prefer to win much more often than i lose - this just suits my style of betting more. It can of course get fairly frustrating at times, waiting for the right day to come, but it pays off in the end.

If you can find a way to incorporate an extra race - or even an extra two races - without compromising the strike rate then you've done better than me, and i would of course be very interested to hear your methods - Good luck!

What a great post OC,
    hope you're up for a bottle or can of something!
    I must admit,the waiting for a betting opportunity,when everything seems to have slotted into place,whether you are using a system/s or "method",can stretch yer patience a bit at times,I've nearly had to sew me pockets up on occasions,after waiting ages,not to have a fiver on the next fav!
    However I'm sure we all have our foibles,mostly,just wish my lessons hadn't cost so much.
    hayzee.

I did the same as OC and got a winner at around 11/1!

More than made up for my losses on the pro losers. :D

cheers,

craghopper

Ha ha, sounds a bit nerveracking for my liking mate! Another winner today, this time at 12-1 so: - 9 winners out of 11 with the profit now at 64.5 points. Not bad really.

What about the 145 and 250? Were they not also possibles?

cheers,

craghopper

There was actually no bet today - the 1.30 was odds on, so this could be disregarded, but the other three were not, so this left 3 qualifying races, therefore no bet (by my rules, anyway)

What was wrong with the 145 and 250, OC? Are maiden hurdles not allowed?

Hi There guys

I am currently in Amsterdam and I was wondering if there are any qualifying races today?

Albert Einstein

Never bet when stoned to the bone mate :D

Gogga, shouldn't you be indulging in a bit of Dutching your bets today ?

My keyboard's running out of ink....

Well well guys..I am dutching my bets today....Decided to just follow Keith's qualifiers..dont have lost of time..too much to do

Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by gogga
    I am currently in Amsterdam and I was wondering if there are any qualifying races today?
    Hello Gogga,
    Two qualifying races, but an unsuccessful double. First leg lost while second leg won.

Thanks Ice....any for Sunday??

Albert Einstein

Cheers mate...much appreciated :)

Albert Einstein

Talking Thanks OC

Thanks for the info OC..Nice winning double there... :D Decided to play a double on betfair.. Paid about 42/1

Albert Einstein

Hi Craig, basically a double on Betfair has to be done manually - do the first bet, then take all the winnings plus stake on to the second horse. 42/1 sounds pretty good though compared to 5 ish

Best I can see would have been around 8.7/1, taking 2.2 and 4.4 as around the best odds available om Betfair - checked these on Oddschecker.

That's OK mate, it took me about 2 years to figure it out myself!

Thread Information