Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Daily Mirror System

gogga is offline Win2Win Racing Club Member

Correction..a wee mistake

Hiya All. I do have to apologise..I left my brain in Amsterdam :D My profit on that double was £ 42. Double paid approximately 7.75/1 if it was 42/1 I would have been in racing heaven

“Not everything that counts can be counted,
    and not everything that can be counted counts."
    Albert Einstein

Attention Outside Chance and Icebreaker

Attention Outside Chance And Icebreaker:

I want to send you both a message. I can't send you personal messages as you are not members but Big C (one of the forum moderators) says he can pass on a message if that is OK with you.

Please make a post saying whether it is OK and he will relay it to you. I can't post my own email address as it is against the rules and will be removed.

cheers,

craghopper

If you 2 can post here today I'll do the e-mail swap for you tonight. :)

My keyboard's running out of ink....

Certainly, Craghopper ............... go right ahead.

Apologies for not being available via PM ............. sometimes I feel like the "only gay in the village" (Little Britain) not being a full member of the W2W racing club. :(

Thanks, Icebreaker. Sorry you feel left out!

I think you need to give your email address to Big Cumba (see his message) and he will either forward it on to me or then relay a message from me to you.

cheers,

craghopper

both your e-mail addresses sent out.... :)

My keyboard's running out of ink....

Yes, please feel free to send me the message as well. Cheers.

Lightbulb

As this seems to have gone underground now,just a big thank you to all those who have made it so interesting and rewarding,OC especially,you're a star.
    hayzee.

Yep, him is the man.

gogga is offline Win2Win Racing Club Member

Hallo Ice and Oc..what happened to ur posts?? Very Silent..indeed

“Not everything that counts can be counted,
    and not everything that can be counted counts."
    Albert Einstein

I think they think value will go. Exchanges are good for combating that

2nd Favourites

replying to the question about 5 pages back !

Stan James takes bets on 2nd faves

Quote Originally Posted by cochise
    I agree, but as we have to take the picture overall, and still interested in this method, my brother used a similar system years ago on 2nd fav. and was quite succesful, 2 races and x doubles, but I cannot find a bookie on here who accepts 2nd favs. unless going to the shop itself, any ideas on this ?. cheers

DM system,
    haven't been able to check this for the past 3 weeks,can anyone let me know if it has shown a profit over this period,no details necessary,yes or no would be appreciated.
    hayzee.

Hello hayzee,

In the absence of other responses, may I offer this reply to your query?

The problem is ............. there is no accurately specific answer. Different folk have tweaked it to their own preferences. The DM is more a method than a system -- a kind of pick'n'choose selection process. For instance,a strict interpretation of OUTSIDE CHANCE's rules would limit you to only those days when there are 2 (and only 2) qualifying races. I often have a bet when there are 3 races per day. Also, I would also bet on maiden hurdles whereas OC stipulates novice hurdles only. So, it is a kind of personal thing. Oh, and I ignore all qualifying races on the A/W!!!

Anyway, the system is working very nicely for me. It is paying for my drinks. Yesterdays qualifying races (strictly according to OC's rules) resulted in:
    WIND 12.50 ....... W 3/1
    WIND 1.25 ....... .L
    WARW 1.30 ...... W 11/8
    NEWC 1.45 ........ W 15/8
    WARW 2.05 ..... W 2/1

No help I know, and it doesn't answer your question ..................

Many thanks IceB.
    Noticed how many Favs were showing up,fiddled,(as you do)and added a double filter type system plus some other criteria.
    It's taken a lot of my time,but I really felt I was on to something.
    I've now got 2 systems,over 3 weeks,the base,(plus betting plan)has produced 14 points profit,the double filter has produced the following straight bets,13/8 4/1j 8/11 8/11 7/2j 15/8 L.
    Don't normally do too much betting 2 weeks before or after the holiday period,but this is fun,I'll give it another few weeks and try to post it so those who have helped can benefit.

Kewl, hayzee ..........

I look forward to that. Keep us posted, yeah?

No probs IceB.
    When I was about 19,earning a living but in a mundane job,two guys who were not Del Boys or chancers were planning to leave the company,they'd been betting for sometime,so successfully that the plan was to leave 'work' and replace the pay packet with profits from betting.
    Well they did it,two bets a week and the prices were never more than 7/4(this much I found out,but not a lot more!).
    I've never been a greedy type and rarely envious,but I've got to tell you this sparked an interest that I've never lost,my father who would bet on anything showed me indirectly how not to go about the game,but I'd sure be satisfied with the 'two bets a week',as with these guys they probably wouldn't all win,but enough to give the two fingered salute to the boss.
    Anyhow I'm rambling,well it's almost Christmas...........
    I've checked stats and although the horses don't know they're fav,or one race result has no bearing on another,being a completely seperate event,patterns do occur,I'm hoping that the famous 'long run' is running for us,(the double filter makes me feel better though!).
    It's more than that,but I could deal with just the 'two bets a week'!
    hayzee.
    hayzee

Glad to see this thread's still alive. I followed this system loosely during Oct/Nov but not since. I wanted to check it out really as I couldn't quite believe the success it had when it was first posted. The rule to only bet when there were two qualifying races in one day troubled me as it was not a logical filter (except in so far as it made chosing the doubles easy). SO I too looked at using the system when there were more than 2 qualifiers.

In November I found the qualifying races had a win rate of only 51% on turf and 44% on the all weather - far below the 80-90% originally claimed. Using these figures you can extrapolate an average strike rate for doubles of 26% (51% of 51%) and 19% (44% of 44). Of course, if the odds were right good profits could still be made and perhaps this was a bad time for the DM boys or these sorts of races but it didn;t seem to be the golden egg I first thought (I guess we all know that feeling!?).

I would certainly be interested in any ideas to refine the system.

Merry Xmas and a profitable New Year,

craghopper

Ice B,
    added results,L 6/4 2/1 5/2j.
    Glad to get over the holiday period,my thoughts are that if a system can survive this(almost like us so called higher animals)then it can survive anything.
    At the end of week 5 a bet of 10% of the bank would have > doubled it.
    The standard system(with simple staking system)without the extra filter showed a profit of 23.25 points.
    This week so far,a 5/2j,(bet)a 1/1 winner today(no bet)means a bet could be on for tomorrow.
    How can I mail you and anyone else who believes in the little red hen.
    hayzee.

Hayzee
    I can be contacted on craig@wibblewibbleflibbertyboo.com

cheers,

craghopper

That ought to confuse the spammers!

will be in contact Crag,suggest you delete your mail address in case the silly people get it.
    hayzee.

Hello Hayzee, mate,

Look, I'm kinda reluctant to post up personal e-mail addy's on here (or anywhere on the WWW) for reasons that I'm sure you will understand. And, I honestly think anyway, that this topic has been done to death! I'm grateful to Outside C for bringing it to my attention ......... I am following it since to good profit on a weekly basis, but I'm not convinced that discussing it further in private or in public will add any benefit. Those that DID follow the original discussion from the outset would have a good grasp of the principles of the system.

What I would be most interested in, tho', would be in hearing was anybody successful in filtering the selections down to ONE in the selected races. I have looked at SF alone (with topspot) -- a bit promising when Distance and SF, or Distance and Beaten Favourite rogether with SF.

Regards to all,
    Ice.

Hi IceB,
    all the good things you wish yourself for 2005,only more some.
    Unfortunately,when I was sidetracked with my own observations sparked off by the original DM system,I haven't kept any records or researched it at all.
    The system I've developed doesn't use the DM,SF/F at all.
    I sent a copy,and as many instructions and info to CragH as poss,together with an update today.
    I can appreciate you not wanting the Spam merchants etc,hooking your mail address,perhaps CragH could forward these to W2W and it could be forwarded to you.
    The next week is fairly hectic for me,but if no info by then let me know and I'll write it out again,it may be of interest.
    hayzee.

Many thanks for that, Hayzee.

I do have Craghoppers e-mail address. I'l be getting in touch with him shortly re the above.

Hey,So it seems people had their own little ideas of how the system worked.

I dont really want to go through all the threads, but at the end of the day wat was the end result of the system ???
    Was it a profit or what?

what are the criteria for the system, Thanks

I doubt anyone will tell you Youngun, its like a cliqúe little secret I think Ooo

So is nobody going to let anybody know about the rules for this system ????
    I thought everybody was supposed to help each othewr on this forum???
    Surely one of the forum managers can trace up all the deleted messages and let it be known what the criteria for the system was.

They do generally but you get moaned at if you dont match their 4536 IQ levels!

So essex i take it you dont know the system?

Well maybe bigcumba could give out the system ?
    Considering he would have it im sure and everybody should be entitled to view it ?????

cant you tell me

Thread Information