Hello there

Well it has been over two years since I have posted anything here. Completely due to laziness on my part which I plan to amend. For those that may remember, I use to advice tennis selections. The majority of my time is now spent analysing and betting on Staying handicap chases. I now live in the Czech Republic with my Girlfriend and am attempting to bet for a living. The reason why I'm seeking refuge on this forum is a pretty sad one as I no longer have anyone to talk to about betting and horse racing and I hope to bounce some ideas and opinions about the type of horses I bet on around.
Please feel free to comment on anything I post in the future.

I spent about 10 hours looking at the 1600 at Uttoxeter yesterday and another couple today but have resigned myself to fact I can't find a bet. I will post my analysis of it here so you can get a feel for the way my brain tends to work when looking at a race. I apologise for the fact that the race will be off quite soon.

1600 Uttoxeter 0-125 handicap 2m4f, Top weight rated 113, tight left hand track that favours late runners. Apparently GD GD/SF in places.

Quazar- Appears completely out of sorts and would rather not be at a race track. On his old form he could run rings around this lot. NO BET

Flight Command- The last 6 speed ratings I awarded this horse were. 56,55,62,65,60,53. The 56 and 55 were both on good/firm and he certainly wants a bit of cut so he should go much better on todays ground. Has had over a month of so should be proberly the fittest out of the bunch, however hasn't won for 21 months which is always a bad sign. GOOD CHANCE OF A PLACE

Xellance- He ran his best race over 23 furlongs and I just don't think this horse is fast enough over 20 furlongs. NO BET

Pams Oak- At a glance there doesn't seem to be much wrong with this horse, however, he has only won in very modest company, his best Speed ratings are 62//11th-08 and 61//24th-5 and this will be his 4th race in 49 days and his last one was only 10 days ago and it was a hard one which will take time to recover from. I think this is a very good favourite to oppose.

Saafend Rocket- Has never won over 2 miles. NO BET

Incas- Very interesting. I can see this horse being quite special in the future judge on the speed rating he earnt last time out. But this will be his 6th run in two months which is far too many. NO BET BUT ONE TO WATCH FOR THE FUTURE.

Mill Bank- Another horse which looks quite good for the future judged on his run on the 19/07/06. He doesn't get 3 miles so this drop back in trip is right up his street. However he is another one that looks like he needs a rest as his best runs have all been after a 5 week break. NO BET BUT COULD GO REALLY CLOSE

Flahives First- This horse should not be opposed over 2 miles. Only a week since he ran and todays trip doesn't look likely to suit. NO BET

SUMMARY
As you can proberly tell, I like looking at Speed ratings and performance patterns but I also take quite a lot of either things into account but it's already 1550 and I obviously want to post this before the race goes off so I haven't gone into great detail.
I wouldn't advise a bet, but, if my arm was twisted I would go for Mill Bank, with Flight Command coming second. Incas along with Flahives first are also horses to look out for in the future when they have conditions to suit.

I hope I haven't bored everyone and please feel free to ask questions or make whatever comments you like.

Matt