Thread: Win2Win Racing - System Manager
20th September 2006 #1
Win2Win Racing - System Manager
This is the second piece of software to be released for free. It has been tested as much as it can be, but the odd bug may pop-up in the real world. If so please post it here, and I'll fix it ASAP.
Free Horse Racing Software - System Manager;
- Manages horse racing/greyhound 12 systems (May be manually adapted for other sports) .
- Will work from a pen/USB pocket drive.
- Keeps a full history of all qualifiers per system, recorderd as Time, Meeting, Selection, Stake, Odds, and whether it won or lost, so you can check them, or import them into a spreadsheet to do further research on.
- Allows you to enter one qualifier and tick the boxes of the systems it qualified for....
- It then shows you one combined stake, so you don't have to fiddle about calculating stakes for each system. All individual system stakes are calculated by the software, and added together to give you an easy to handle overall stake. (All active system file are stored in the \Data directory).
- You can then cut'n'paste the data it into Word, Excel, etc for printing if so wished.
- Settings allow you to set the stake increase from 0.1% to 4% (0 being levels) for each system.
- A built in bank barrier, adjustable between 30%-60%
- Editing of the bank in case you add, or take out money from a system (this automatically resets the bank barrier)
- Easy changing of system names (This resets everything in that system, and starts a new data file based on that system, the old one is transferred to the \Backups directory for future reference)
- All the data files are in delimited text format rather than database so it is easier for you to import to Excel, or edit if required.
- Backup, which copies the file name preceded by the days date to the \Backups directory.
- Message window to keep you updated with latest versions, news, special offers, etc.
- All qualifiers are listed in an Excel type area, with all relevant files, and betting banks being updated once you press the SETTLE button, each qualifier/system with its own individual stake.
- SETTLE can be used after each race, end of day, or when ever you decide that the banks need to be updated in order to change the stakes.
- Deductions can be made after settlings on the SETTINGS page if you use a Betting Exchange (comms), or your country has tax deductions.
- Simple stats page showing Profit/Loss & % for each system.
- The software is designed for a minimum screen size of 1074 x 768. It can be used on smaller screens, but will involve scrolling.
- Can be freely passed around the Internet by whatever means.
1. Windows XP/ME/2000 with .NET Framework installed.
2. Software needs to be online each time you run it in order for the message to refresh. Once that is done you do not have to stay online.
20th September 2006 #2
I get this message when trying to install.
"A network error occured while attempting to read from the file. C:\docume~1\myname~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\Rar$DI01.375\winsystemmanager
20th September 2006 #3
You probably would on your computer, nothing works
20th September 2006 #4
I'll try again on my new barracuda
20th September 2006 #5
Just tested it on another system, works fine.
22nd September 2006 #6
Once you entered all the selection s and come to settling them if there is a non-runner it is not possible to settle the bets unless you delete them and re-enter all the runners again without the non-runner#(s).
22nd September 2006 #7
Maybe.....blame the beta testers for not picking it up :)
I'm upgrading the forums at the mo, so will take a look later.
24th September 2006 #8
Haven't forgotten about this, recoding the delete method today.
26th September 2006 #9Win2Win Racing Club Member
- Join Date
- Sep 2006
- Rep Power
Keith the systems you sell for £25 is it a book or a computer programme? Do i get regular updates/downloads? Any more info would be great.
26th September 2006 #10
There are no updates/downloads. The e-book tells you all you need to know to strike out on your own and run the system by yourself.
26th September 2006 #11
The software I suppy is free........
...By the way.....I've put the DELETE in the System Manger, just need to test it tomorrow.
27th September 2006 #12
New Update. Ver 1.11
Software will just install over the previous version with no loss of data.
The software now includes a delete facility for non runners, etc. Just highlight the line you need to delete, and click DEL.
Please ensure your data has been backed up, just in case I've missed anything.
12th October 2006 #13Newbie
- Join Date
- Sep 2006
- Rep Power
after downloading it it asks me what program I would like to open it with as it a ace file what do I do?
12th October 2006 #14
Download the free version of WinAce or WinRar for free.... They'll both extrat the files for you.
2nd December 2006 #15
2nd December 2006 #16
2nd December 2006 #17
Glad to have helped
3rd December 2006 #18
Is this written in c#? I like it. :)
3rd December 2006 #19
3rd December 2006 #20
Ah haven't touched VB since 2002, didn't look at VB.NET yet either. Did it take ya long to code? I wonder would it be difficult to add a web service that pulls the results for ya.
3rd December 2006 #21
Very difficult to do that, no reliable source.
3rd December 2006 #22
Hmm, it would just be a matter of parsing text from something like horse-results.co.uk, or the RP fast results page. Would definitely be difficult though.
3rd December 2006 #23
I can't seem to get your software to work . I always recieve an error message .
Could you explain please
What you want! What you need! What you Get!
Save Johnnie Walker in Kilmarnock
3rd December 2006 #24
It has nothing to do with the temp folder!!
My guess is the install has gone cuckoo on your system. Uninstall, then reinstall and manually change the directory to something you like, but there is no where in the code for it to look in that directory, it wouldn't know it existed, unless you installed it in the temp directory.
14th January 2009 #25Forum Member
- Join Date
- Jun 2008
- Rep Power
Can someone please explain how to use "deductions" under settings.
Does it remove specified percentage from the bank or just from the last profit margin?
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)