Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.

Thread: £20 challange

£20 challange

got a free £20 in an exchange (cheers celtic spirit), so going to see how long it will last in a semi-suicidal staking plan, i have nothing to lose. and to be honnest it's a poor exchange with very little liquidity and not many sports to chose from. so basically random bets with high risk staking, i will try and keep a high turnover of bets.

bet 1
    NBA.....SAN ANTONIO vs sacremento ........£10.........1.63..........£6.33

bet 2
    NBA.....LA LAKERS vs chicago bulls.............£10.........1.50..........£4.95

PS - the odd's are poor and i know nothing about basketball.

NEW BANK £31.28

bet 3
    NBA.....UTAH vs toronto..........£31.28.........1.22..........£6.81

NEW BANK £38.09

bet 4
    basketball.........CLEVELAND vs memphis.........£38.09..........1.18..........£5.93

NEW BANK £44.02

what a nearve racking game that was.
    cleavland got off to a flyer 18 points up at half time, and starting the 4th quarter they had what would imagine an unasailable lead - then the unthinkable. memphis 2-0 4-0 6-0 8-0 10-0 12-0 WTF i just couldn't beleive it first nisselroy busts one bank and i was cursing todays bets closing stages - with a 1 point difference watching the scoreboard and seconds tick down was painfull, cleaveland got 2 free throws with 7 seconds to go and i was then releaves when the scoreboard said FINAL SCORE. :)

bet 5
    HOUSTON vs washington........£15.98 ......... 1.83..........£13.20

NEW BANK £57.22

ibetx was down for most of the night, so no b ball markets were formed, the houston game is a later kick off, no liquidity at all (nothing available to back) - but i have been mpooing tid-bits up around evens (its a 1.33 shot imo :D ) - so no odd's / stake yet for the bet.

£15.98 @ 1.83

houston win, despite another nearvy 4th quarter, and i am begining to get into this basketball lark :)

bet 6
    ORLANDO vs atlanta...........£10.71..............1.6...............£6.37

NEW BANK £63.59

- there is just not enough liquidity in the markets really on ibetx - when i put the bet up at around 10pm it was the only bet there so when the games start later on i just leave it in the hope that they will get matched.

bet 7
    LA vs new jersy...........£63.59................1.48.......£29.96
    NEW BANK £93.53

bet 8
    la vs SACREMENTO.............£93.53.............1.45

bet 9
    memphis vs SAN ANTONIO ........£135.................1.10

it's near impossible to continue this on ibetx, theres just no liquidity - £17 matched thats a single £8.50 bet on the Bball game i wanted to bet on (and i was asking for reasonable odd's - current BF price). so probably just going to arb out at some opportunity, and start a real basketball bank.

don't suppose i should really count it, but just realised i managed to get a tiny ammount on a later game.

Atlanta Hawks @ Detroit Pistons ...... £ 29.59 ...... 1.20 +£5.96

really annoying me this, i must have put up around 20+ 'whole bank' bets yet all i am getting matched is pennies, if that - the annoying thing is that all 20+ would have won :( - ok there often very short odd's but it all would have added up. i can't even seem to find an arb opportunity, looking at the footy theres nothing but £2 available to back / lay.

Just noticed this thread. Are you just trying to avoid the high rate of commision on BF? Or can you not withdraw the initial £20 because it was a free bet. You seemed to be doing well considering you said you don't know much about B-Ball. Are you using any ratings for this?

Quote Originally Posted by Mavrick View Post
    Just noticed this thread. Are you just trying to avoid the high rate of commision on BF? Or can you not withdraw the initial £20 because it was a free bet. You seemed to be doing well considering you said you don't know much about B-Ball. Are you using any ratings for this?
    it was just a free bet (no details / deposit required), so i can't really withdraw - well i can, but i would need to send credit card statements, passport etc.... to withdraw anything, which i cant be bothered doing
    i chose basketball to bet on basically as it was later on at night when i opened (4) accounts, and that was all there was to bet on, ESPN do a pertty good basketball 'round up' so i had a quick scan and started to bet. also only being 2 results it's much easier to pick winners (short term anyway) with at least a banker bet every night.
    this thread is just method bets, but i did work out a value / ratings system, (see USA bets part of the forum) which is ticking along nicely (36% bank increase).

got another one last night,
    it's really hard to get matched, nothing but £2's on display so getting matched is pot luck,

la clippers @ DETROIT PISTONS ..............£158.44...............1.24................won............£38.03

new bank £195

Attached Images Attached Images

well after many more attempt's with this cacky exchange i just can' be bothered anymore.

IMO the markets are seeded, i cannot see any other reason why the 3 back / lay boxes on each side, would only have £2 available. and we all know what happens when an exchance with poor liquidity has to resort to seeding the market .

so come on man utd - dond draw for sake. :) - then i may re-start on betfair.

Thread Information