Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BDO Darts

BDO Darts

The Favourite is a 17 year-old called Michael Van Gerwen, he is said to be the up-and coming Phil Taylor. He has notched up a good few opens this year, however most of them have been in surroundings which will be nothing compared to Lakeside. Looking at his draw he could cruise to the semi's provided he is unfazed by the noisy sweat-box that is Lakeside, i think a nice bet on him now (3.25 Betfair) and hope he gets through to the semi's, where he should be a nice lay price to balance the book.

hmmm se is very good but inconsistant i think he is a very short price for this.

King who is quoted in double figures by most bookmakers looks great value also Whitlock and O'shea if he can beat Adams are great little bets me thinks:)
    For a bet in the first round Co Stompeto beat the current champion at 3-1 is a nice bet Jelle has done nothing this year and only won the final last year with a 89 ave

the price is still a bit skinny for a 17 year old.
    as good as he is,i would still want around 4/1.
    experience counts for eveything in these tournaments

I've backed Klaasen each way at 14s

Quote Originally Posted by fade2black
    I've backed Klaasen each way at 14s
    hope you didnt have much on him, very bad show.

That was awful. I really don't like his style at all....way too quick for my liking. It looked like he couldn't be bothered there to be honest.

I only caught the last two legs, and even still he looked terrible.

My bet on Mike Veitch is coming along nicely :wink

Klaasen has to have been the worst world champion there has been he got very lucky last year imo if only Barney had been aloud to win it

Van Gerwen looks the best of a 'adverage' lot here, not a follower of the BDO though so won't be getting involved in anything.
    i also heard that he may be moving to the PDC this year.

Van Gerwen looks the best of a 'adverage' lot here, not a follower of the BDO though so won't be getting involved in anything.
    i also heard that he may be moving to the PDC this year.
    Yes there is a dutch company that sponsers a few of the players and they want there players to be in the PDC. I think they are Van Gerwin, Klaasen, King. There are others but i am not sure.

If any more migrate, we may see Stevie Wonder in the BDO next year throwing the arrows on the Beeb

FREE Live Odds Comparison Software

Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Filipino UK Filipino Forum | Win2Win Racing - Free Tips

It would be intersting to see if any more of the better players from the BDO migrate whether any of the lesser lights of the PDC go the other way..

Laf is offline Win2Win Racing Club Member

I heard a rumor the other day that both King and Van Gerwin will move after the BDO World Championships are over with King getting the last wild card spot in the Premier League. I have no idea how reliable the source is.

¡uʍop ǝpısdn sı pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ʎɯ

i just can't see that happening with the premier league to be honnest there are far better players and far bigger names out there after the wild card.

in the PL the top 6 in rankings qualify + 1 wildcard. barney is nowhere in the rankings (collated over 2 year period) as he was in the BDO, so he has to get the wildcard, no doupt about it.

premier league will be:
    1 Colin Lloyd 549
    2 Phil Taylor 545
    3 Dennis Priestley 446
    4 Peter Manley 441
    5 Roland Scholten 433
    6 Terry Jenkins 430
    wildcard place: Raymond van Barneveld

dennis preistly has been superb for the past year to get in, jenkins also doing well to get in.

mardle has being doing too many exhibitions instead of concentrating on competitions, and baxter hasn't done too well in big competitions, both dropping out.

other rankings
    7 Wayne Mardle 427
    8 Ronnie Baxter 424
    9 Adrian Lewis 421
    10 Andy Jenkins 420

who ever does best this week out of King and Van Gerwen will get the last place. If it was going to be a PDC player it would have been comfirmed straight after the final ala Peter Manley two years ago

dropping barney for king or van gerwen would be a big mistake for the PDC IMO. and would make the PL a taylor walkover.

Who is droping Barney he has got his wild card already after the world gand prix there are 8 players this year top 6 after the grand prix which are the 6 you have plus Barney and 1 other. They have made it 8 players so you dont get one player playing twice in the same night

ahh - never heard they made it 8, always thaught they should have has 8 as opposed to 7 in the first place.

Oh dear cant see how they can give Van Gerwen a wild card now does that only leave King with a chance.
    I see Fordhams game is tomorrow playing one of my tips for the championship Whitlock. At the price for Fordham to beat him could be worth a nibble if he has found any sort of form. The tournament is opening up nicely for someone if Hankey can keep his form 33-1 looks good for me although i think he has Adams next

Laf is offline Win2Win Racing Club Member

While I don't see King having a problem matching the standards of the PDC (with the exception of Taylor and Barney, the PDC isn't that much better than the BDO), I think it is unlikely King will switch. As far as i'm aware he had the opportunity a couple of years back to switch but he wouldn't and at the Dutch Open last year, a tournament where both codes take part, he refused to play against the PDC players. Not the actions of a man looking to join them I feel. Have to agree with Tootall though, if a PDC player was getting the last place it would have been announced by now. Maybe they were waiting to see how Van Gerwen got on. We'll have to wait and see.

¡uʍop ǝpısdn sı pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ʎɯ

BBC are really awful...1 hour of darts. I was settling in to watch it for the night...pah..tell me...who the hell is watching a very English Village? I'll tell ya who...the people that are in it...and maybe their kids. Christ, there's a decrepit old woman singing....

Press your red button.
    Shame about Fordham was hoping for a good show from him this year. Think it could be the end for the big guy as far as his darts career goes.:(

No red button on NTL

Final on now got to fancy Nixon at the price Adams has always been a bottler also nixon for most 180's.
    Looks like Van Gerwen Klassen and co have been confirmed as PDC players wont be no need to watch this rubbish again

Adams winning 2-0

this is rubbish Adams will have to bottle it like never before to lose from here

I thought it would be far too one-sided in the final.

Let the bottling commence

Comeback is on!!! haha

He's such a loveable looking old man

Thread Information