Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Arctic Monkeys

Quote Originally Posted by scoobydoo View Post
    No...but I did Sky+ it and so will watch it now youve said that!
    Serena Williams was on too. :wink As well as someone else whose name escapes me...

Please take a look at:
    My Photostream on Flickr

I'm going to have to watch the repeat later tonight (if I can stay up that late - wife's just brought in a bottle of dark rum as I'd mentioned liking the stuff )

My keyboard's running out of ink....

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Serena Williams was on too. :wink As well as someone else whose name escapes me...
    Russell Brand I believe.....Serena looks a fit girl....you wouldnt want to piss her off if she was your partner would you.... She'd leather you...

Stick a VHS in Campbell and watch it tomzo. :)

Please take a look at:
    My Photostream on Flickr

Russell Brand I believe.....Serena looks a fit girl....you wouldnt want to piss her off if she was your partner would you.... She'd leather you...

She certainly would!

Russell Brand is a prick. :)

Please take a look at:
    My Photostream on Flickr

She certainly would!

Russell Brand is a prick. :)
    Agreed! I had heard he was a comedian somewhere??

Certainly. :D

Double ententres, unneccessarily over-the-top extroversion and the need to speak incredibly loudly to people sat near him (like in J Ross last night) does not make someone funny! It gets so tiring because it's obvious he tries so hard to be funny... and most of the time he's not. The only thing I like about him is his dress sense. :)

Please take a look at:
    My Photostream on Flickr

Agreed! I had heard he was a comedian somewhere??
    In his own sick little mind

Certainly. :D

Double ententres, unneccessarily over-the-top extroversion and the need to speak incredibly loudly to people sat near him (like in J Ross last night) does not make someone funny! It gets so tiring because it's obvious he tries so hard to be funny... and most of the time he's not. The only thing I like about him is his dress sense. :)
    Wait till you nearly hit 40...you lose all dress sense...happens slowly and creeps up on you! Then bang...youre wearing stuff you have no idea where its from..and you dont even care!! That is cool in itself aint it!!

He is a pain in the ****...so glad hes not doing the Big Brother thing....talking about his winkle or whatever he calls it.....christ that has been some places by the sound of it....hope Serena escaped ok last night!

Changing the subject..anyone into Iain Archer, heard of him, like him,loathe him... any of the above????

Double ententres, unneccessarily over-the-top extroversion and the need to speak incredibly loudly to people sat near him
    You've just described me ya daft twit :D

FREE Live Odds Comparison Software

Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Filipino UK Filipino Forum | Win2Win Racing - Free Tips

Russell Brand - this should have a thread of its own.
    I'm so pleased to know it's not just me that can't stand him.
    Sex god ? They're having a laugh.
    He is one of the most obnoxious people I know.

'SOULMATES NEVER DIE'
    MySpace
    PHOTOS

Well this is very good. :) I've yet to come across anyone who likes Russell Brand. :D :D :D

Please take a look at:
    My Photostream on Flickr

I quite fancied him

FREE Live Odds Comparison Software

Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Filipino UK Filipino Forum | Win2Win Racing - Free Tips

I'm pleased you put that in the past tense. A little more comforting.

Please take a look at:
    My Photostream on Flickr

Have to say I saw Iggy and thought he was great....Im a fan now! Saw some on Glastonbury as well. Its raw but I liked it...how uncomfortable did that guy look in the suit when Iggy was bearing down on him on Jon Ross!!

Saw The Killers last night as well...thought they were good a well.

Although I do think Brand is a knob...I did find some of it funny with Ross...I know Im off for a lie down! :splapme Though.... I dont think he would be funny in a live show at all...

How come you think Brandon's a knob!?

Yeah I saw The Killers too - what was he wearing... very good live performance though. Brandon reminds me of a small child who's trying to be a rockstar but portrays too much of a "good boy, nice boy" image. :)

Please take a look at:
    My Photostream on Flickr

Brandon reminds me of a small child who's trying to be a rockstar but portrays too much of a "good boy, nice boy" image. :)
    He is a mormon so the usual rock star excesses of booze, cigarettes and drugs aren't really his scene which may explain the nice boy image.

Although I do think Brand is a knob...
    He doesn't so that makes what I said about him being a mormon etc all rather irrelevant. Scoobs reckons Russell Brand is a :splapme.

Russell Brand is a pillock though, as is David Walliams. It's amazing how two of the most annoying camp it up a bit s can have had so many fit women though.

Quote Originally Posted by mathare View Post
    It's amazing how two of the most annoying camp it up a bit s can have had so many fit women though.
    Now I know where I was going wrong.... :splapme

Yeah I saw The Killers too - what was he wearing... very good live performance though. Brandon reminds me of a small child who's trying to be a rockstar but portrays too much of a "good boy, nice boy" image. :)
    No as Mat said, I dont think Brandon is... Russel Brand I shouldve put. I like The Killers a lot though I dont think the second album is as good as the first one imho. Funnily enough when Ive heard them live on tv, I havent thought they sound really great but my brother went to see them when they opened for U2 in Wales 2 years ago and he said they were amazing....would love to hear what someone thought they were like who were there last night.

It is weird how if you find your feminine side....to say the least, in Walliams and Brand...the girls go for you? Good luck to em anyway. I find Walliams more annoying...he seems to want to belittle people when I have seen him away from Little Britain ...on Friday Night Project the other day we was a bit of a ...didnt seem to play the game at all really.

I always thought Little Britain was a vastly inferior version of the Fast Show anyway.

And yes I wholly agree, Russell Brand is a

Quote Originally Posted by MattR View Post
    I always thought Little Britain was a vastly inferior version of the Fast Show anyway.
    I agree Matt. Fast Show was better in my opinion....Ted & Ralph was very good.:D Ive never really been able to get into Little Britain....I do find some funny. Just thought it was my old age kicking in maybe as the kids seem to love it dont they.

Maybe it was because of the bigger cast in the Fast Show and more characters, not sure. There were some superb ones in the fast show and also the sketches were better I think and had a lot more variety to them. One the one hand you Ted and Ralph which was almost tragic comedy then you'd have the innuendo of the Suit You Sir to the off the wall Spanish Satellite show with the scorchio. The lines seem to have lasted too such as I'll get me coat.

'Old the bells! :)

Champions League, we're 'aving a laugh, Champions League, we're 'aving a laugh!

:D Right, Shilton in goal....

Quote Originally Posted by MattR View Post
    :D Right, Shilton in goal....
    When I say he's got to be in, I mean he's got to be out! :)

Champions League, we're 'aving a laugh, Champions League, we're 'aving a laugh!

I like The Killers a lot though I dont think the second album is as good as the first one imho. Funnily enough when Ive heard them live on tv, I havent thought they sound really great but my brother went to see them when they opened for U2 in Wales 2 years ago and he said they were amazing....would love to hear what someone thought they were like who were there last night.
    I also saw The Killers live in Cardiff and they were indeed excellent. I've seen them at Nottingham arena and again they were brilliant. I've never rated their TV performances but I thought they were very good last night. I think Sam's Town is as good if not better than Hot Fuss.

It's hard to have a battle of wits when your opponent is unarmed.

Cheers Mat/Rick - got my wires crossed there! But understand now. Blond moment.

The Fast Show was superb... but I've never really watched Little Britain so can't really comment.

Interesting Sparks that you think Sam's Town lives up to Hot Fuss. All down to a matter of opinion, but I don't think it's nearly as good. For me, they tried too hard to make ST different, when there was no need. Hot Fuss went 4x platinum didn't it? So why the need for change? Maybe they wanted to try something new, sure... but I just can't get to grips with Sam's Town.

Please take a look at:
    My Photostream on Flickr

Only just seen this but i'm going to throw in my two cents.

I think they are very good at what they do. They arent the best musically by a long shot but they are very own to earth and its very easy to pick up on what they are singing about. The songs they write relate to everyday experiences of most pre 30's people today. Thats why they are so popular.

Also, they're going round saying 'We're the best thing to happen to music, ever' like some people that have recently after only releasing two albums.

I think theres alot more over-rated bands out there. Lots of whispy voiced singers and some utter drivel for lyrics. Trying to appear deep and meaningful when, to me, they just appear to be up their own backsides.

Thread Information