Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.

Thread: The Staking Machine - Professional Staking Plan Software

The Staking Machine - Professional Staking Plan Software

THE STAKING MACHINE

*** HIGHLY RECOMMENDED ***

It is quite often in racing that once you have got through all the hype surrounding a tipping service, or piece of software, it is nowhere near what you expected. So it was a surprise to come across software that does exactly what it says on the tin, and much more.

That software is The Staking Machine, and is by far the best bit of kit I have discovered for staking analysis, not only that, the guy in charge of it, Dave, is open to ideas for the software, and has already implemented a few additions I mentioned, which makes it easier to import the results from RSB, Raceform Update, and other similar research tools.

The Staking Machine is simply software that allows you to check past results (or randomly selected with the software), against numerous staking plans, making it easy to compare them to maximise your profits. The software is extremely flexible, and gives you more than enough data so you can clearly see the best staking plan for whatever system/method you are using. You will be surprised how much potential profits you may be missing out on by ignoring this software, which is now part of my own professional portfolio.

The software already includes many staking plans both BACK and LAY, and Dave is always happy to include more if they are useful.

Current Back Staking Plans Included;

Levels, 1326, D'alembert, Fibonacci, Percentage, Parlay, Pro, Secure, Fixed, Kelly, Square Root, Labouchere, Retirement, Bookies Bank, XYZ

Current Lay Staking Plans Included;

Lay Level, Fixed Liability, Lay Mixed, Percentage Liability, Lay Percentage, Maria, Lay Ladder, Lay Kelly, Lay 1-4, Lay HiPro86 SP4

As you can see, the well known plans are all covered, and many others you have probably never seen before, but they are all explained on the site, and you soon get the hang of how they work.

The XYZ plan stands out as this is actually a staking plan that YOU can develop, rather than it being a fixed plan, and this is very easy to do, and has 1000’s of possible combinations.

Data can be entered manually, although this could take a while if you have a lot of results, so all you need to do is load the results data file you have up into Excel (or OpenOffice), and all you need for The Staking Machine is the Horse Name, Odds, and whether it won or not.

Odds need to have the ‘1’ point stake added, so if it isn’t already, you can do this quickly in a spreadsheet. Commission adjustments are already in the software, but overbet is not for those that are using SP results, so you will also need to add 10%-15% to the odds BEFORE adding the ‘1’ point stake. Again, this is quick to do in a spreadsheet. Or maybe this option may be in the next version 

The results must be recorded as ‘1’ for a win, not ‘W’ or anything else. For other places, you can use what you like, the software can convert losers to ‘2’ or whatever you like.

If you need to adjust the data in a spreadsheet, it only takes a couple of minutes each time, and is worth the effort for the information the software will be giving you. If you use Excel, you can cut ’n’ paste straight into the software, if using OpenOffice, you need to save as CSV, and then load it in. This is just a quirk of OpenOffice, not The Staking Machine.

You have to set each staking plan separate, such as starting banks, %, etc, so it is worth considering that when doing this they are all as close to equal as you can get them for better analysis. The software does include a means of calculating the optimum settings for each plan.

The software managed to process around 15,000 results in under 20 seconds on my dual core Vista system, so depending on your system, it should manage anything you can throw at it.

It is impossible to explain all the features of this software without the review going into several pages, so luckily Dave supplies a Demo version. Just go to The Staking Machine , and click on Downloads, then select TSMsetup.exe.

The demo will only allow you to import 10 samples from your own data, but it will produce 4000 random results set to within the parameters you set, more than enough to test all the features of the program.

If you are serious about making a profit from gambling, then this software is a MUST, and with the full version only costing £29.99 with many more features to be added (included in the price), you would be silly not to have this as another weapon in your armoury.

If you have any questions, requests for features, need help etc, whether it be for the demo or full version, Dave runs a forum on the site, so please use that, do not plaster him with emails.

Click HERE for full details on this excellent software.

FREE Live Odds Comparison Software

Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Filipino UK Filipino Forum | Win2Win Racing - Free Tips

I bought this software a few years ago and whilst its a great piece of kit, I never found anything that works better than level stakes really.
    Staking plans can get you into trouble and if your system or methodology cant win using level stakes then you probably should abandon it.

Quote Originally Posted by DRZ View Post
    Staking plans can get you into trouble and if your system or methodology cant win using level stakes then you probably should abandon it.
    But that is exactly what the software if for, to help you prevent that happening However, if you don't have a profitable method/system to start with then no staking plan will make you long term profits.

I use TSM often as I'm always looking at new profitable angles. Staking plans help you enhance profits, and if you don't do that you are losing additional potential profit over the long term

I've downloaded the demo version of The Staking Machine and intend to buy it. I see that on the Settings for the different staking plans the defaults for percentage to bet are 2%.

I know that Keith recommends 3% of the bank for each Pro Bet and I wasn't sure whether to adjust the 2% to 3% for each system or leave it as it is.

The starting bank points level is also a figure I'm unsure whether to adjust or not. I know a lot of systems recommend the size of bank required but in the absence of such a figure would it be best to leave it at the figure already shown on TSM?

Also, I was trying to see how you name each of your systems on TSM to record the results for each separately but can't see how to do it. I've tried TSM Help but am clearly missing something really obvious where you can label each system.

The best way to set the TSM staking up is to use a bank size that is easy to understand. Using £100 or £1000 makes it much easier to visibly see at a glance what is happening, than say a starting bank of £250. Change all the settings so that are easy to follow, but remember, as the staking plans work differently, you are not always comparing like for like when looking at the P/L figure.

As for the %, you will likely find that for the majority of system 3% works best. If it is a high SR system, such as 70%, then 5% can work well. Then opposite is true for low SR systems. If a system has a 20% SR, then 3% would be high, it is more than likely that 1.5%-2% would work best. Once you get to a 15% SR, then 1% staking is high enough.

I don't use the betting part of TSM, so not sure what you are asking with your last question.

Cheers for the reply. What I was meaning by the last part was how you name each system when inputting the horse, odds and result in the Master Table so that TSM maintains separate records for each system that you use.

I only use TSM for checking the results on various staking plans, the systems are named via Proform/Raceform, or those I keep in Excel.

Thread Information