Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: might as well

silax is offline Win2Win Racing Club Member

wedensday 21st
    well made it to the irish village but what a treck. taxi next time
    set off at 7 am full of confidence and armed with my new hat see pic above which is taken after a few hours walking in the sun so i'm not looking my best.
    anyway all went well skipped breaky at my local and caught an arb over the creek. now i have a good way of navigating i sort my map out then take my bearings from the sun was doing fine and making good time but it started to get hot and although i'm getting more confident at mixing with the indians i'm still not yet upto going into a crowded indian cafe on my own yet so i was gasping for a coffee and all the cafes i passed were crowded with indian workers so took me ages to find one that was reasonably empty but i managed it and got a coffee. the indians have very sweet teeth and if you go to the local cafes and ask for coffee or tea it comes back with loads of sugar in it so as i don't take sugar i have to specifically tell them no sugar which is greated with a strange look but then again i'm used to that as where i often go their isn't many white folk especially not walking round looking cool with the lastest fasion accessary on there heads. anyway in the cafe and out with the map just to check my sun bearings are working now i'm sitting there studying and well i got the feeling i was being watched you know that feeling a bit like when you are trying to do up your button flys when pissed in the bog. i'm also quite a nervous person so i casually look round and theres 2 indian guys looking over my shoulder at the map well i jumped out of my skin closley followed by these 2 chaps which was quite funny but i guess you had to be there to see it. but i laughed about it anf finished my coffee and left. what i did notice was i still had quite a long way to go and i was getting hungry so according to my map there was a mall just close by so i headed for that. now it dosen't matter hoow much i shower or how much deoderant i use when i'm out in the heat for a few hours i start to smell.
    so on arrival at the mall head straight for a deoderant shop and buy yet another roll on. i've got a load of these things now and have made a mental note to take one with me next time.anyway have breakfast there and spruce up in the bogs to the watchfull eye of the indian bog boy who can't beleive what he's seeing.
    leave the mall and head on my way to the irish village on my way i notice that i'm on the wrong side of a very busy road and have no way of getting across so i have a descion to make head back or persavere. onwards and upwards( i always make the wrong descions i'm a crap goat and like to be a sheep all the time)
    anyway as i'm walking i pass a few indians gardening the road side and again i don't think they've seen anything like me as normally you don't see white people walking along the roadside not the major roads that is. but i say hello and they reply so alls cool.
    now my path is starting to run out and there's major roadworks in front and i'm far to far forward to turn back so i keep ploddinh on passing indian builders as i go and the odd jcb for me this is starting to get a bit scary as i've proberbly got about 3 months worth of there wages on me. now just over the fence is the dubai golf club so being of sound mind and body decide that seems the better option so i'm on the golf course and dodging buggies and waving. after about 2 mins on the course an angry guy in a buggy is waving to me and shouting (cheeky ******) now this guy is too far away to see the colour of my skin so when i wander over there i take off my hat and sun glasses and woo his atitude changes as if by magic. now i tell him i'm just looking for the exit and he says how did i get in and basically go back the way i've come as there is a tournament in progress and i shouldn't be there.
    so i'm back with the jcbs and indians finally manage to get out and find a road that goes over the top of the lot and follow that route.
    now i know i'm getting close as i've seen a big sign dumped in the road side saying irish village but its nowhere to be seen as it the old one which just got renewed. anyway i wander into quite a nice little place with a few resturants and tables outside (looks promising) before you know it i'm standing on a tennis court with grandstands all around just like wimbledon theres a guy coming and its not a womble another angry bloke (this is not my day at all)anyway as it happens it the start of some masters tennis tourney here tomorrow and as far as they know silax isn't taken part so i'm ejected from another venue. my luck changes and if by chance the irish village is right next door. absolutly charimg place think i'm gonna spend a lot of time here. got chatting to a guy from palestine at the bar and we disscused a few interesting things i now know that in moscow before the wall came down property cost about 2k then whoever lived in said property became the owners and property in moscow is the most expensive of any city.
    after this rifferting conversation went and sat outside read 2 chapters of my book and got a taxi home knackered

now the irish village is at the aviation club so i follow this sign but its ok for cars but not for people

Attached Images Attached Images

you can just about see where the path ends and panic sets in

unfortunatly didn't get any pics of the irish village but chances are i'm gonna go back tomorrow and will post some when i get them

Why are you dressed all in white? Are you trying to steal someone's identity?!

Please take a look at:
    My Photostream on Flickr

sometimes i wonder about you john

I'm glad someone does. :D

Please take a look at:
    My Photostream on Flickr

Marks worried.

He's still waiting to meet him in Barcelona thinking "he was supposed to be here 72 hours ago, I wonder if he's alright?" :D

The Vegster!

Winner of Ada's Eurovision Game 2014

Two major sports tournaments in one day Great read Silax.

"I put a skylight in my apartment...... the people upstairs are furious." - Stephen Wright

My Website : http://www.mrmrsportssystems.co.uk
    Now offering three subscription based betting systems and daily free bets.
    Free bets 34.7pts up in October

thats right matt don't know what the golf tourny was but the tennis one features past players such as pat cash.
    got a taxi to the irish village today met g\f there and had my long awaited fish and chips with a couple of pints of shandy.
    feeling pleased i didn't go to watch the england game last night kicked of midnight my time and couldn't be hassled with going to a bar. saw loads of blonde girlys going to watch tennis match very nice.
    before i went played pro evo soccer on pc now i have a problem with my joystick some of the buttons don't do as they should and because of that i have great problems making the players dash and swapping the curser i've tried to rearange the buttons but nothing works. don't know how to uninstall my joystick so if anybody has any ideas how to get the buttons onto where they should be i'd be most greatfull as newcastle are struggling with this handicap and i could get sacked soon.
    sat in my fav cafe doing hooker watch which is a game me and the g\f have started playing basically quite simple you have to guess which girls passing are hookers and whoever gets the most right gets free coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by silax View Post
    don't know how to uninstall my joystick
    Get caught by g/f shagging a hooker? :D

"Be Right and Sit Tight" - Jesse Livermore, trading legend...

friday 23rd
    went back to oman today with another couple to renew one of there visas.
    now what do you do when you leave one country and want to come sraight back but discover you have 4 people and 3 passports haven't got time to explain what we did but will do when i get the chance

sorry guys the thing i use to get around the filters hasn't worked for ages (since my last post) but started working again just now will post again soon its late here now

ok been a while and its quite late but i'll try and bring up to spec whats been happening.
    as i mentione before my internet went wonky set off to oman to get a friends visa renewed set off in her car which was a lot easier then going by bus and less crowded saw a few camels on the way have photos to post and arrived at the border with oman drove through got the car boot looked at but nobody checked passports so we didn't think anything of it until g\f realised she didn't have hers so we have to get the person who's renewing visa stamped at border and return so on returning g\f nipps out of car round back of passport control box and over border back into uae. i did offer to lend her my passport and me nip round back of box but she declined the offer but thanked me for the gesture. anyway we drive through and nobody checks the passports. meanwhile she's standing about 100 yards up the road looking very suspicious so out of sympathy and against my advise we pick her up and head off to a hotel near the border that does a much as you can eat poolside bbq. very nice place got chatting to a guy who works with the sultan of oman ask him for a job but no vacansies. but whats really good about my new friend is he has a bottle of vodka in the back of his car and he's flying back somewhere ( can't remember now)with only hand luggage and has to get rid of this vodka so fresh orange juice all round mixed with vodka from a water bottle. it was strawberry flavour vodka but hey who cares.
    anyway the place was a lot more fun after that and we were the last to leave and the happiest. slept all the way home and woke up minus my sunglasses.

saturday football day
    newcastle playing liverpool an early kickoff which is good for me start 4:45 local time watch the match get completly depressed decide england really do need big sam but don't have any ciggies which is good. now near me is this bar which is an indian bar and whenever i've passed i've always thought i wonder what thats like so feeling quite drunk and full of dutch courage i decide to investigate so in i pop. the first thing i notice is how smokey the place is. anyway i find myself sitting at the bar and order a pint having a look around i notice that i'm the only white guy in there and there are no woman at all. i started talking to the barman and his english is ok but i don't think he can understand my drunking geordie that well but he seems quite happy to chat. now i'm getting very confident and the larger is going down great so i decide to venture from my bar stool to chat with some of the locals. i'd like to explain what happened after that but i haven't got a clue.
    needless to say woke up sunday on the sofa with hangover stinking of ciggies somewhere along the line i must have been smoking cos i got some bad cravings for ciggies for the next couple of days

camels roaming the desert on the way to oman

its national day today and tomorrow so a big holiday for everybody except maybe the slaves sorry indians found this on the way to oman and thought it might get everybody into the spirit of it.

on the topic of slaves the indians had a strike the other week well some of the construction workers anyway about 400 of them.
    they weren't demanding very much there wages are about 60 quid a month and a bit more for skilled chaps anyway the strike was resolved when the 400 or so indians disappared. i was thinking about starting up a trade union for them but this has changed my mind as the only way i want to disapear is if i get envolved with paul daniels

poolside bbq place near oman border

not a lot happened that springs to mind so will jump to yesterday
    went to the beach had a swim came home pretty boring stuff

saturday footy day
    blackburn v newcastle hopefully going out to watch the boys but you never know may find something else happens was gonna go and watch celtic v hearts as g\f supports celtic but she's not feeling too good. i'm more of a rangers man myself but you know how it is he or she who controls the bedroom gets the loyalty so up the hoops and all that.
    on a more different tune i've got an invitation by a possible future friend to go to dubai races on thursday night now i need some help here off people on the forum. where's oldham he should be good at this firstly need to find a racecard somewhere on the web and a formbook of the runners and if some bright spark can come up with the winners would be really good.

sunday
    getting sick of footy now went down the local to watch it on my own as mrs silax was feeling iffy but she joined me for the 2nd half and what a poor result for newcastle with arsnal to come in midweek big sam might be getting the sack soon. he's already come out with the "i could have stayed at bolton and picked up the money everyweek" well if things don't improve he's gonna get sacked and pick up a lot more compensation cash then he ever would have at bolton for doing sod all.
    just waiting for him to come out with the i'm no quiter line i won't leave this challange well not unless i get me couple of million compy.
    anyway after the footy took mrs silax to the disco come knocking shop that i went to after the sunderland game funny enough it would appear there is no entry fee if you go in with a woman so i saved a few quid there. once inside took the dancefloor by storm for a couple of hours (not sure if they'll let us back in after our performance) got chatting to sylvia from mynsk at the bar nice girl. but mrs silax a lot cheaper and has a better figure. went home late woke up without hangover strange.

internet is being a real pain just lately got some good news may be able to get it intalled around xmas time.
    now as i'm off to india over xmas i need a visa to go there and surprizingly it looked very straight forward i got the forms off the intenet filled them in and you just drop them off in the morning pick up the visa in the afternoon. now if thats how it really went i would be well chuffed but got the forms and took a taxi down to the indian consulate which happens to be very close by withing walking distance which maybe explained the reluctance of the taxi drivers to go there so i let one take me round in a couple of circles first.
    now i know that once you go into any consulate such as the indian you are basically on indian soil but i don't think anybody has told the emeraties this and so its quite amusing watching the indians telling them to que up like everybody else. anyway i'm in the first room and there are seats that go round in a loop and everytime someone gets seen you move one forward a bit like musical chairs great fun cos these chairs are the niciest in the world so me and mrs silax are having a competition to see who and make the most noice. anyway its finally our turn and the forms are filled in wrong so we have to fill them in and come back which we do and then we have to go through to anther room and show him our forms then we have to take them back to first woman who agains decided we have missed something off and have to go get copies of our passports stapled to the forms.
    back again in the que so we can get a ticket with a number on that tells us when we can see another guy who takes our forms and tells me to come back thursday morning to pay for the visa and pick them up thursday afternoon. simple really
    now during all this time emeratie women kept coming in to get visa''s now these chicks don't normally que and as per usual they just wander up to the front and barge in (i still can't understand why these people do this cos they haven't got anything else to do with themselves) to cut a long story short these indians don't take any crap of them in there embassey so its fun watching them get put in there places.
    off to the races on thursday night need some help if anybody knows where you can put a bet on this meeting it would be a great help to me as i'm pretty sure you can't bet on course.
    here's a link to the race card i don't think keith will mind me posting the link
    http://www.emiratesracing.com/eq/RaceCards.cfm
    i can't really work out the form of any of the horses so if anybody thinks they can see winners let me know
    cheers

saw something funney in the local paper the other day
    a canadian (although i suspect he must have had some american blood in him somewhere) travellingfrom london to dubai on arrival was found to have 0.66 grammes of dope on his person he was duly charged and appeared in court.
    on appearence in court he discharged his solicitor as he would be able to handle the case and told the judge to hurry up work out the fine he would pay in cash as he was in a hurry.
    minimun sentance here is 4 years in jail which he is now serving.

lowe1 is offline Win2Win Racing Club Member

eddie

lost your moby number if you fancy a pint anytime this week give us a ring or text us

oh left my phone in apartment so give us a call after 4pm if your gonna ring

tony

Enjoying the read fella. :D

Got your PM - will email you over the weekend if that's ok. :)

Please take a look at:
    My Photostream on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by lowe1 View Post
    eddie

lost your moby number if you fancy a pint anytime this week give us a ring or text us

oh left my phone in apartment so give us a call after 4pm if your gonna ring

tony
    hi tony just seen this will text you today

internet still being very iffy
    its the start of the weekend today thursday and i'm off back to see my friends at the indian embassy this morning. hopefully that will go without a hitch and this evening i'm off to the races now i'm wondering just how much fun the races are gonna be as apparently there is no betting and no alcohol. in the uk whenever i've gone to the races alcohol and betting has been a big part of it i've got a bad feeling about tonight i mean its a flat a\w racecourse so can't understand how watching can be very interesting. hopefully you will be able to put a bet on even if i could find an on-line bookie that takes them that would be cool.
    i see arsanal managed to hold the mighty mags to a draw couldn't be bothered to go and watch them. still no sign of internet and this is really iffy at the minute going days at a time not being able to connect to win2win

lowe1 is offline Win2Win Racing Club Member

eddie

if its anything like world cup dont worry about alcohol , i spent all my time in the champagne bar and didnt even see one horse

horse racing is next thursday
    guy i was going with is off to a ball tonight
    finally escaped from india (or should i say indian soil) at 4:30 pm clutching passports with visa's attached sitting in apartment bored all night.
    read in the paper police have started a crackdown on brothels and prostitution in dubai so far 250 hookers arrested 20 odd brothels raided and 65 clients arrested. interesting statistic's but personally i think all they are doing is renewing the prostitutes a bit like trading in old for new.
    anyway i've got to welcome the intiative but i really think its just another front to give the impression of the police doing something about a problem

Thread Information