Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Mavrick's Lays

Wednesday 17th October

250 Ling Samual Charles 1.92

Stake £27.60

Some people see things that are and ask, Why? Some people dream of things that never were and ask, Why not? Some people have to go to work and don't have time for all that ...

George Carlin

They ploughed into that one before the off, and it won.

Todays Loss £53.00

New Bank £1051.03

Next Stake £26.28

Some people see things that are and ask, Why? Some people dream of things that never were and ask, Why not? Some people have to go to work and don't have time for all that ...

George Carlin

I am going to break my 2-1 rule, as there just does not seem to be many bets. The Max lay price is now going to be 5-2.

Saturday 20th October

455 Kelso Jass 2.1
    505 Nemarket Royal And Regal 2.25

Stake £26.28

George Carlin

A bit of a disaster today

Todays Loss
    £114.31
    New Bank
    £936.72
    Next Stake
    £23.42

George Carlin

wb is offline Win2Win Racing Club Member

Mav, can I make some constructive criticism?
    I don't mean to frown, but after a good start, are your 'rules' becoming inconsistent?
    First, the stakes were changed, then the price rule.

Perhaps you keep good records, but personally, I find it hard to review my betting after a few months if I've changed things along the way.
    I know you have treated this as fun, so please excuse if I come across as a prune!

Tada gan iarracht

Yes you are right wb, I have become a little inconsistent, but the staking I think is for the better judging on the strike rate and the average price of the selections.
    However, raising the max. price from 2-1 to 5-2 was maybe not the best thing to do due to how the system works, but I am confident that it will still be profitable and that this is simply a bad run, but I will reverse the price rule if I think it is for the better.
    Thanks for looking in, your thoughts are always appreciated.

George Carlin

Sunday 21st October

435 Kemp Liberate 1.56 LOST

Stake £23.42

George Carlin

It Lost.

Todays profit £22.25
    New Bank £958.97
    Next Stake £23.97

W/R
    9/22

SR 59.10%

George Carlin

Monday 22nd October

340 Pont Latin Lad 1.92 LOST

Stake £23.97

George Carlin

It lost

Todays Profit
    £22.77
    New Bank
    £981.74
    Next Stake
    £24.54

W/R
    9/23

SR 60.87%

George Carlin

Wednesday 24th October

350 Folk Free Gift 1.94 DEAD HEAT

Stake
    £24.54

George Carlin

It dead heated

Todays loss
    £23.80
    New Bank
    £957.94
    Next Stake
    £23.94

George Carlin

By the way, what are you doing to that horse in your avatar.....you'll be making the Welsh jealous

FREE Live Odds Comparison Software

Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Filipino UK Filipino Forum | Win2Win Racing - Free Tips

George Carlin

Did Free Gift dead heat?

George Carlin

I didn't even notice that it was a dead heat. That makes it a little bit better.

George Carlin

Thursday 25th October

410 Brighton City Stable 1.58 LOST

£23.94

George Carlin

It Lost

Todays Profit
    £22.74
    New Bank
    £980.68
    Next Stake
    £24.52

George Carlin

Friday 26th October

355 Don Kahara 1.7 LOST

Stake
    £24.52

This has been going four weeks today so lets see if we can get it back into profit.

George Carlin

It Lost and we're back in profit

Todays Profit
    £23.29
    New Bank
    £1003.97
    Next Stake
    £25.10

W/R
    10/26
    SR 61.54%

My monthly review

In all honestly I thought it would be doing better then this. It's early days and I'm sure the strike rate is runner lower then it should be and hitting three max. price lays on the trot should be pretty rare.

I've been running another two lay systems with the same cut-off and I think I'll be introducing one of them onto this thread in the next week or so to boost selections. Oh, and I've reversed the price rule, so the max. cut-of is 2-1 again. There were only a couple of selections bigger then 2-1 anyway so it will make little difference and the shorter the prices the happier I am as I hate laying anything remotely big and 5-2 is big in my book:)

I'm sure it will pick up and provide a steady return long term, if not, well at least it's pretty good at lowering the commission:wink

George Carlin

wb is offline Win2Win Racing Club Member

It's a difficult time of the year to keep afloat with the season change-over, so well done for getting back in profit.

Tada gan iarracht

Quote Originally Posted by wb View Post
    It's a difficult time of the year to keep afloat with the season change-over, so well done for getting back in profit.
    Cheers wb:)

George Carlin

Sunday 28th October

220 Wincanton Monfils Monfils 1.22 LOST

Stake
    £25.10

George Carlin

It lost.

Todays Profit
    £23.84
    New Bank
    £1027.81
    Next Stake
    £25.70

George Carlin

A bit late, but I got up late

31st October

210 Hunt Highland Chief 0.38 WON

Stake
    £25.70

George Carlin

It won

Todays Loss
    £9.77
    New Bank
    £1018.04
    Next Stake
    £25.45

George Carlin

Up early for a change

2nd November

130 Uttoxeter Super Nick 1.24 NON RUNNER

Stake £25.45

George Carlin

It was a non-runner

Bank
    £1018.04
    Next Stake
    £25.45

George Carlin

Sunday 4th November

1310 Wolv Star Of Angels 1.66 LOST

Stake
    £25.45

--------------------------------------
    Todays Profit
    £24.17
    New Bank
    £1042.21
    Next Stake
    £26.06

George Carlin

Monday 5th November

310 Warwick Big John Macarty 1.18 LOST

Stake £26.06

-----------------------------------------------
    Traded at 0.03/1 in-running at one point!!

Todays Profit
    £24.75
    New Bank
    £1066.96
    Next Stake
    £26.67

George Carlin

Thread Information