Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Mavrick's Lays

Iv been looking at your results for awhile your pretty good at picking low priced losing horses.

Any chance of me learning with you. so im able to work out selections :)

Many thanks :)

Hopefully your selection today will lose :)

its 3rd fav at the moment on betfair

:splapme

Nevermind

Some people see things that are and ask, Why? Some people dream of things that never were and ask, Why not? Some people have to go to work and don't have time for all that ...

George Carlin

dam won lol ! not to good :(

If your're following them don't worry. Losing runs don't last long as the odds are so short and it was due a little correction. It will provide a steady return long term.

Some people see things that are and ask, Why? Some people dream of things that never were and ask, Why not? Some people have to go to work and don't have time for all that ...

George Carlin

Hopefully a losing selection for 07/12/07 :D

Quote Originally Posted by Steven2007 View Post
    Iv been looking at your results for awhile your pretty good at picking low priced losing horses.

Any chance of me learning with you. so im able to work out selections :)

Many thanks :)
    Sorry I've only just seen this post. I'm afraid it wouldn't really be possible to tell you how to do it as you would need my ratings that I compile and also there is a bit of form reading to filter the selections down.

What I always say to people who want to learn how to read form is get a copy of Nick Mordins's "Betting For A Living" it's only about a tenner on amazon and it will be the only book you will need.

As I said before I tend to leave offers for selections at prices which I think represent value and if they're aren't matched then I don't have the bet and I don't post them. If you want I can also post them selections as well and the prices that I've left offers for, about 2/3 of them get matched, but don't change the price on betfair to make them get matched. If they don't get matched you don't have the bet.

Friday 7th December

145 Lingfield Blue Jack 1.80 LOST

£31.21
    ---------------------------------------------

Todays Profit
    £29.65
    New Bank
    £1278.10
    Next Stake
    £31.95

George Carlin

Saturday 8th December

125 Ling Orange Square 1.12 LOST

Stake
    £31.95
    ----------------------------------------------

Todays Profit
    £30.35
    New Bank
    £1308.45
    Next Stake
    £32.71

George Carlin

Hopefully another looser :)

Well done for 2 day

Sunday 9th December

I'm leaving an offer for Role On in the 220 at Kelso for 2.00/1. If it gets matched then it will go down as a bet. If it doesn't then it won't.
    If you're following these don't lay it at a bigger price.

Stake
    £32.71

George Carlin

Would you try match it in-running if its not matched before hand?

I don't personally, but I have often thought about doing it in the past. I've also considered hedging the bets in-running but I've always decided against it in the end.

You could give it a shot as quite often they get backed in to ridiculously short prices in-running before getting turned over, but I would suggest you don't:)

George Carlin

Cheers m8

It lost just unlucky we dint lay it :(

It lost just unlucky we dint lay it :(
    Yeah I was quite surprised that one didn't get matched at some point during the day, but it looks like it was just one way money for Augustine , who was easily the best horse in the race.

Nevermind, bring on tomorrow:)

George Carlin

O Yes :) you use msn or anything like that?

O Yes :) you use msn or anything like that?
    Nope. This forum is the only place I do any chatting How sad is that?

George Carlin

haha how come u dont use the msn and so forth lol?

In all honesty I can't be bothered:) I'm not the most social person on the planet as I don't like football, I keep my TV in the wardrobe and haven't watched it in over year and I only like talking about horse racing and even then I normally get into an arguement about a horses chance:D

There are some sound people on here and if I was better at small talk then I would be more active in other parts of the forum, but I'm not so I keep quiet..most of the time that is:)

George Carlin

Yer true, i like horse racing the most also i watch tv quite abit im chatty about horses not much of other subjects tho hah!

How long does it take you to find a good selections about 1hour?

When it comes to the lays, I've already done most of the hard work before I start looking at the days racing by compiling my ratings. My ratings normally take about 6 hours a week and I can break it up by doing them every day or every other day which is what I mostly do.

It all depends on how many races on a given day have valid selections as I have to then have a quick look at their form to make sure all is ok. For an example the last two days it took less then 10 minutes as there was only one selection to look at on both days and their form was pretty straight forward, but Thursday took well over an hour as there were a few slections to have a look at, and that bet ended up being a loser!

George Carlin

If your're on here for the next 30 minutes I can tell you if there is a selection for today.

George Carlin

Yer im on for next 30mins what time is it in your country?

Yer im on for next 30mins what time is it in your country?
    0438. We're an hour infront of the UK

I'm afraid there is just another offer at 2/1 for tomorrow, and I'm not sure if it will get matched as the current market seems to have got this one completely wrong in my opinion and there is probably plenty of value in taking the current price, but we don't do that do we?:D

------------------------------------------------------------------
    10th December

1250 Muss Four County Lad 2.00 LOST

Stake
    £32.71
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Todays Profit
    £31.07
    New Bank
    £1339.52
    Next Stake
    £33.49

George Carlin

ooo so only lay it if it hits 3.0 again on the exchange?

Do you think it would loss anyways?

ooo so only lay it if it hits 3.0 again on the exchange?

Do you think it would loss anyways?
    Yep, only lay it if it hits 3.00.

I think it will lose and I put it in as a 3/1 shot, but If I was you I would just leave an offer for 2/1 and if it doesn't get matched then don't have a bet.

I know having to wait a couple of days for a bet can make people impatient, but in the long run you'll be glad you have done it. It also makes you more disciplined which is vital if you're going to make money out of this game.

Speak to you later Steven as I've got to make my girlfriend her omlette before she gets up for work:splapme
    Guess who wears the trousers in our house

and then I'm off out for my morning run/walk/crawl

George Carlin

aww aint that nice! lol!

early haha!

take it easy speak later :)

We are on. Fingers crossed.

George Carlin

Yer it lost good good ;)

Thread Information