Thread: BBC - Something good.
6th January 2008 #1
BBC - Something good.
Only joking, another rant
I hate this station, I truly do.
1. BDO darts. A match could be delicately poised and Micky Mouse or Tony Gubba or whatever his name is, will pop on and say...ooh it's exciting, but unfortunately that's all we can show.... They do this with snooker as well and numerous other sports, including racing. I just wish they'd do it when I have to watch...
2. John Motson and Mark Lawrenson. What a pair of absolute muppets. Motson never fails to be surprised by everything he sees and is completely unable to commentate on football anymore. Lawrenson has nothing interesting to add. Nor do the idiots in the studio. Any company that hires Alan Shearer to talk clearly cannot be trusted.
3. Eastenders. This has to be the most idiotic piece of crap I've ever seen. (Save the aussie soaps) Phil Daniels died the other day in the soap (I don't know his character name), apparently it was a car crash....the budget for the crash must have been some tesco vouchers because it was truly awful and wouldn't have killed a kitten. One can only assume that he commited suicide once the car stopped.
I'm gonna stop before I hurt myself...but I could go on...
7th January 2008 #2
1. People still watch sport on the BBC? Ever since they let Grandstand die a slow, lingering, death they've failed to shown any commitment to sport. Darts? ITV's recent coverage was far superior. Racing? If they're not wearing top-hats at Royal Ascot, they don't want to know. Football? Ah, bless the FA Cup with all its tradition - without it the BBC would be almost entirely sport-free.
2. But Motson and Lawrenson are absolutely traditional muppets (see point 1). And don't forget that most-treasured of traditional FA Cup bonanza's - the cup draw with cheeky chirpy eastender Trevor Brooking mangling his way through the English language as he tries to pronounce every football team while simultaneously trying not to break into rhyming slang. ""Eeer...thaaat's the Bristol's paired together...oooer missus! Meanwhile Aston Villa have draawn Man Eweee once again...would you adam and eve it?"
3. Quite why Phil Daniels was ever in Eastenders is beyond me but even one of his look-I'm-so-gormless-I'm-shocked stares into the camera (which an actor of his quality can probably do in his sleep without the slighest effort) managed to elevate this dire dirge up to acceptable levels of drama. And yes, the crash was truly pathetic, although one must admire the way that the camera had previously lingered lovingly on the slow-burning cigarette to fool the viewer into thinking that they were about to be treated to a visual feast of pyrotechnics. Bring back Prisoner Cell Block H, I say.
7th January 2008 #3
1. They only have the FA Cup because the government makes them have it As for the darts, I don't even watch it, most are like 'Conference' players, only gets interesting in the quarters.
2. Put the match on, turn the sound down, and out the radio commentary on, much better, as they have to be more descriptive.
3. I have a life, I've seen only one episode in 15 years, and that was only because I was having dinner on my knee (on a plate before Vegy asks!!), and couldn't reach the remote
4. BBC Four is now like BBC Two of the 70's & 80's, with all it's science & educational programs. It is actually the best of all the channels they do. If the series Atom comes on again, watch it (or download it). http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcfour/documen...res/atom.shtml
7th January 2008 #4
7th January 2008 #5
Let's not forget the golf. Coverage starts at 1pm and instead of showing the players live at 1pm they show highlights of the guys that went out that morning. Great for when you have a bet on and you already know how the morning players got on. I only wanna see video of the morning players if one of them was attacked by a bear or got four holes in one in a row.
7th January 2008 #6
7th January 2008 #7
I agree that watching the morning session is a bit pointless but they need some buffer time to build up recorded highlights from the afternoon players so they show some of the morning action.
And very few televised sports other than dog/horse racing pay any attention to the odds and consider bettors. Darts do now and then I guess. Lots of commentators talk about a player or team being the favourite but daren't go so far as to talk about odds, either for fear of having to name the bookie offering the odds, showing their complete ignorance or encouraging the masses to gamble - shock horror!
16th January 2008 #8
They have lost some good actors/ actresses and brought in some poor ones but it's swings and roundabouts.
I like Jase and Jack who have recently joined.
I hate Chelsea ( as an actress ) infact now Kevin has died hopefully the whole family wil move out of the square ,I don't know how they all fitted into Pats house anyhow, but then you have other characters like Mo who is fantastic.
16th January 2008 #9
All I know is, there is nowhere like this is the East End ! And hasn't been for at least 20 years.
By the way is it sponsored by EXIT ? The only time i was forced to sit through a whole episode, Christmas, I felt like slashing my wrists it was so damn depressing.....
No wife can endure a gambling husband, unless he is a steady winner
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)