Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.

Thread: Airport Security....etc...

Airport Security....etc...

Leaving the UK from Manchester they do not ask you to take off your shoes, which they do in the US. I also did not see one armed guard anywhere near the security area, plenty in the US.

Immigration, must have been between 30-40 windows open in the US, with never more than 8 in a queue. Getting back at Manchester, 2 officers, and 1 queue with 3 plane loads in it

.....oh, and 2 open for non UK residents .....one a token of a muslim weaing the black sheet ....What happened to the Uniform?

Customs. USA you need to fill in a form, and a good number get stopped. They even have there own xray machines for checking for drugs, food (not allowed fresh fruit, meat....), etc.

In Manchester, customs was closed!!! :splapme

What a farce.

On top of that, the majority of Yanks, think we are stupid with security in the UK, I agree with that, and that the UK is basically the Western Safe House for terrorists. Yep....got that about right as well.

FREE Live Odds Comparison Software

Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Filipino UK Filipino Forum | Win2Win Racing - Free Tips

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    Leaving the UK from Manchester they do not ask you to take off your shoes, which they do in the US. I also did not see one armed guard anywhere near the security area, plenty in the US.

Immigration, must have been between 30-40 windows open in the US, with never more than 8 in a queue. Getting back at Manchester, 2 officers, and 1 queue with 3 plane loads in it

.....oh, and 2 open for non UK residents .....one a token of a muslim weaing the black sheet ....What happened to the Uniform?

Customs. USA you need to fill in a form, and a good number get stopped. They even have there own xray machines for checking for drugs, food (not allowed fresh fruit, meat....), etc.

In Manchester, customs was closed!!! :splapme

What a farce.

On top of that, the majority of Yanks, think we are stupid with security in the UK, I agree with that, and that the UK is basically the Western Safe House for terrorists. Yep....got that about right as well.
    Thats why I no longer fly from Manchester unless there is absoloutely no other option.
    I used to like Manc airport but now its a joke.After landing you have to walk forever to passport control then queue up for half a day.
    I use the smaller airports now , a short walk from the plane and queue for a few minutes. Ok they don't have as many flights landing but Manc should open more desks.

I'm surpirised you didn't have to take your shoes off, at Liverpool you have to take off your jacket, shoes and belt, then try to get through the bleeper clutching your jeans so they don't fall down

'SOULMATES NEVER DIE'
    MySpace
    PHOTOS

I take my belt off, empty all my pockets, jewellry etc, and put it all in the front pocket of my laptop bag. Makes it all quicker.

Apart from at Manchester :splapme

The security guy at the xray machine said my laptop bag was too big, as it had the printer, and all cables in it, plus one pocket full of the stuff I would take out for the flight. So after spending minutes explaining it was my 7th trip with the same bag from Manchester airport, and that US Airways had verified it was fine with them, he picked it up and tried to get it in the measuring box. It didn't fit by about 2mm

He then said I had to check it in, no way, worth over £3000. So I crippled myself kneeling to reorgabise everything in our other bag, and our pockets. Then picked the bag up, and it fit in his magic box.

Then the said OK, you need to take the laptop & printer out for xray. ....which made it half the original size.

wb is offline Win2Win Racing Club Member

Last week I went to the Spurs/Sunderland game.

I threw my few things in a bag I normally use when driving (my motorbike). I forgot to check the front pocket for metal objects. I got through on both sides without any problem.
    Later, when I was home, I opened the front pocket only to discover that I had a puncture repair kit which contains very sharp spike like instruments, a stanley blade and a few screwdrivers!

Tada gan iarracht

Quote Originally Posted by wb View Post
    ....a stanley blade and a few screwdrivers!
    You've just admitted smuggling these objects onto a plane

Thread Information