Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.

Thread: Help with Staking

Question Help with Staking

HI all
    What is the best way of using a 3% staking plan for my selections when I am not able to adjust the stake after each result due to work commitments -
    I have to place my bets the night before, so 3 bets a day would equal 9% of the bank staked each day, which is not ideal really.
    Any ideas? Thanks.

eg your starting bank is £200

you have 3 selections

bet 1
    bet 2
    bet 3

3% of £200 is £6.00

So you bet £6.00 on each horse. If the horses won and depending on the price your bank my look like this £225. The next day you have only 2 selections

bet 1
    bet 2

3% of £225 = £6.75. This means that you bet £6.75 on those 2 horses. Dont forget you can use the SP function which is good.

If you are looking to protect the bank but retain the 3% staking per selection, I would suggest you use a 'worst case' scenario.

If you have 3 selections in one day, assume the selections are going to lose and adjust accordingly. Of course the down side of this is that you miss out on increased profits if your selections win.

Whatever you decide, be consistent. Changing the way you stake can make or break a system but with today's technology you can put the results through a spreadsheet and get good comparisons in a mater of minutes.

if you are concerned about staking too high a % on selections then why not drop the 3% to 2% per selection.

I use 3% staking on my systems and adjust daily, as you're saying you would have to. It's worked for me thus far.

Regardless of whether you adjust stakes on a daily or per-bet basis 3 bets at a 3% stake is going to be 9% of the bank, just not 9% of the starting bank. Surely you'd be happy to keep placing the bets if you were adjusting after each race regardless of how many selections there were. Just do the same but adjust daily. On some bets your stake will be too small (after a winner) and too large on some (after a loser) so either accept that as a natural fact of the staking plan or change your staking.

My recent analysis on this staking plan has shown that my 3% adjusted daily varies between 2.31% and 4.11% of the actual bank at the time of the bet

Ok good suggestions, I think I'll just bet 3% on each horse adjusting daily as I am doing now, Happy punting.

Thread Information