Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.

Thread: t day auction

t day auction

It's that time of year again folks!

I'll be updating the auction pages of the site in the next week but I thought I'd give you all a sneak preview of the items pledged so far so that you can start setting aside some of your racing winnings
    • Book and t shirt signed by Richard Hammond
    • Cricket bat signed by Jack Russell
    • England football shirt signed by the two greats Sir Trevor Brooking and Sir Steve Redgrave
    • T shirt signed by Frank Skinner
    • Eastenders script signed by June Brown (Dot Branning)
    • Leather skirt worn in Coronation Street by Beverly Callard (Liz McDonald)
    • Gloucester rugby shirt signed by players
    • England rugby shirt signed by players
    • Wales rugby shirt signed by players
    • Scotland rugby shirt signed by players
    • Italy rugby shirt signed by players
    • Chelsea shirt signed by Frank Lampard and John Terry
    • Manchester United shirt signed by players
    • Complimentary brick in Twickenham "Walk of Legends" donated by England RFU
    Plus more to follow. I'll keep you posted
    www.tday.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by GlosRFC View Post
    Leather skirt worn in Coronation Street by Beverly Callard (Liz McDonald)
    www.tday.co.uk

Some good stuff there Glos. But I'm curious, does this smell of mutton? :D

"I put a skylight in my apartment...... the people upstairs are furious." - Stephen Wright

My Website : http://www.mrmrsportssystems.co.uk
    Now offering three subscription based betting systems and daily free bets.
    Free bets 34.7pts up in October

Signed book from Susan Hills? :D

FREE Live Odds Comparison Software

Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Filipino UK Filipino Forum | Win2Win Racing - Free Tips

The auction page is now live so feel free to feast your eyes on some of the goodies available. The rest of the pictures for the rugby shirts should be going up in the next 24 hours but the Chelsea, Man Utd, and England shirts can be seen.

No Leyton Orient, Grimsby or Mansfield Town shirts but maybe next year?

www.tday.co.uk

Come on Glos, her names written on the CD that's shown in the photo and you've still managed to get that Pussycat Doll bird's name wrong.

And who the chuff is Nick Lachey?

Oops, thanks Matt...I've changed her name.

Can't say I've ever heard of the other geezer either but this should shed some light:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_Lachey

Oops, thanks Matt...I've changed her name.

Can't say I've ever heard of the other geezer either but this should shed some light:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_Lachey
    He was married to Jessica Simpson...you dont need to do anything else really do ya! :D

"Listen to me. I can just about handle you, driving like a pissed-up crackhead and treating women like beanbags, but I’m going to say this once and once only, Gene: stay out of Camberwick Green!"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_cIbBTkn70&feature=related

At the risk of sounding like Matt....Jessica who?

Quote Originally Posted by scoobydoo View Post
    He was married to Jessica Simpson...you dont need to do anything else really do ya! :D
    Oh, him. Didn't they do a reality TV show together too, based around their wedding/relationship?

At the risk of sounding like Matt....Jessica who?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jessica_Simpson :D

Quote Originally Posted by mathare View Post
    Oh, him. Didn't they do a reality TV show together too, based around their wedding/relationship?
    Didnt see it Matt but believe they did. I know she was Daisy Duke in Dukes of Hazzard.....shes not a bad specimen on the whole! :)

"Listen to me. I can just about handle you, driving like a pissed-up crackhead and treating women like beanbags, but I’m going to say this once and once only, Gene: stay out of Camberwick Green!"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_cIbBTkn70&feature=related

Just had a thought about the auctions Glos. I know you've not done this in the past but have you thought about issuing some sort of guideline starting bids/reserve prices? I look at some of the items and think "hmmm, maybe" but have no idea what sort of level to even start bidding at which puts me off.

Thinking about it more maybe that takes some of the point of it away and as it's for charity I guess there is no reserve price as I guess it all needs to go at some price (but please correct me if I am wrong).

Maybe not knowing where to start is all part of the game as the British instinct is probably to err on the high side so as not to submit an embarrassingly low bid. Do (can) you tactically ignore insulting bids?

As you say...it's for charity so every penny counts. I also don't feel personally qualified to value the items although I've had a gut feeling that some items have gone relatively cheaply in the past. But then that's the beauty of an auction - sometimes you'll pick up a good deal and everybody wins. In the general scale of things, it doesn't really matter that much as, the nearer we get to the closing time the more frantic the bidding becomes for each item, and the auction usually tends to raise around £1,500 each year in total regardless of the individual bid amounts. So any initial bid helps no matter how small. BTW...check your PMs!

Sorted!

Did you get my test earlier Glos? My e-mail has been playing up today :(

No, not yet...hence the call for other volunteers :)

Ahh, but as I type this an email has arrived, posted at 20:33:46...muchos thanks!

No, not yet...hence the call for other volunteers :)

Ahh, but as I type this an email has arrived, posted at 20:33:46...muchos thanks!
    No worries. I rarely have problems with my internet access through Virgin Media but the Blueyonder e-mail service can be patchy I find. And the webmail interface is shocking!

Yeah, I'm trying to forward via a couple of Blueyonder accounts so I know how appalling it can be at times.

Still, it did get here and it was a pleasant surprise to receive mail that doesn't refer to my health, the size of my tool, or invite me to purchase dodgy watches!

Thread Information