Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.

Thread: Chester day 1 preview

Chester day 1 preview

Chester Day 1:

1:45PM: 5F(Class2)

The draw is key in sprints round chester,very key,on the whole stick to horses drawn in stalls 1-3 most of the time
    Horse drawn stall 1 in this race(just the lady) has shwon very little on all 3 runs so far, getting outpaced and looking a very one paced horse.
    The 5f might be too short for the horse and step up in trip will suit in future,but can not be fully ruled out,as it being a front runner,if was to get a easy leade and the rail it could steal the race.
    I do like how alan baileys aspen darl;in would well on it's only start so far, got slightly outpaced for most of the race,but stayed on well come the end to win well. He's a trainer that does well round here,but drawn stall 5,it will be tough work for this horse to follow up with another win.

The one for me is WHITE SHIFT, David evans the trainer and a trainer i follow closely,chester is his local track and he does very well at the course with his runners. Knows the place like the back of his hand.

Horse was very weak in the market on debut and threw up a suprise win on it's debut. Trainer admitted afterwards it was still not 100% fit, davids not a trainer that has many 2yr old hoprses winning on their debut,especially when not 100% sound. So you can garuntee this horse is half decent. Has listed race entry at redcar in october,so you can tell the horse is highly thought of by david.
    Drawn stall 2 and made all on debut to win,so has the draw and it will be a battle for one horse to grab the rail and with a shrewd jockey booking of robert winston. This horse has aevery chance to follow up it's recent debut win.

Selection: WHITE SHIFT 7/1

2:15PM: 1m3f(llisted,class 1)

Very very tough race and all though longer trip,the draw is still key,as you never want to be stuck 3 or 4 wide round chester.
    Clives horse Try me is interesting one,very sahrewd trainer and horse on first two career runs was ran well under the horses suited trip, was outpaced in those two races and rane two decent 3rds.

Then was stepped up to it's suited trip on run last time out and ran green and hanging badly. Horse went down by a head and was a unlucky loser. Horse is obviously decent,but still improving fro meach run. Drawn 9 of 9 and hanging badly is never a good sign for a horse round here,so all though i like the horse,it's one to skip today.

Another interesting runner is Sail of o'brien, always a trainer to take notice of,when sending one to chester,again like sail was ran under trip on debut,then stepped up in trip on 2nd run and looked winner,but for holding it's head high when asked to go and win the race. I t will have come on alot for that run and should be a major player here and with decent stall draw off 4 too.

One for me is LAUGHTER, Stoute the trainer and again a trainer to watch closely at chester. Won well last year over 7f despite running green, horse is bred for stamina, so big step up in trip is natural. Form of that maiden aint worked out too well, but it's better than the average maiden,and this horse has several group 1 entrys and was expensive purchase,brted very well out of sadlers wells. Drawn 6 which is not to bad. Ryan moore booked to ride who has ridden a few winners round this track, this horse should go close,but a race that is very open and any off the runners could easily grab it.

Selection: LAUGHTER 3/1

2.45PM: 2M2F(Handicap)

Chester cup is absolute lottery and will be so many hard luck storys, Got some top horses in this race inculding jump horse Fair along. But that horse is drawn 16 of 17 and it will need a miracle to win from that draw,no matter how much class it has.
    You don't reallt want to be on a hold up horse either,you need a mircale to get the gaps in a race liek this and thats were most of hard luck storys will come from.
    The local word in the area and strong vibes are for a horse called DOUBLE BANDED, and that is my selection. Gets in off very low mark and carrys only a 3 pound penalty for it's win 2 weeks ago. This horse has been plotted up nicely by dunlop and drawn 5, this horse will be ridden close to the pace if not make the running. Everything has fallen perfect for this horse, and with horse drawn stall 1 in dought of running,it could end up in even better draw. Danger could be Halla sun drawn 2, rated 120 over the jumps and only 90+ on the flat.
    Horse will be fit as a flee after going jumping for last couple of months and should put up a good run here.

Selection: DOUBLE BANDED 5/1

3.15PM: 5F(Handicap)

two old sprint legends fire up the band and strike up the band run here,but have been given awful draws in 10 and 13, so i will not be touching them. Most of these are out of form, which could mean it throws up big price winner. But for me the safe and reliable horse round here is CARIBBEAN CORAL. Two time winner round here and course expert, horse loves the place.
    Likes to race just off the pace in behind and with several fron runners in this race,a strong gallop is garunteed, drawn 6 of 14 which is not to bad, will be able to drop in behind and when they swing for home,hope the gaps come and if so off it will fly. Horse is geared every year for a win at this course,won off 86 last year and races off 81 today, plus decent claimer taking 3 off it's back, the horse has 8 pound in hand. It's a handicap steal and will be all set to put up another bold run.

Selection: CARIBBEAN CORAL 20/1

4.00PM: 1M2F(Maiden)

Impossible race this, and the market will guide you to the likely winner. But i do like the look off KINGS CHARM and that is my choice here. Ran in very decent maiden and was running a good race for a long time,before flattening out late on. Horse was never settled that day and will come on for the run. Stable is slying at the moment and j.noseda has very high strike rate at this course. Horse has group 2 entrys and again naoither well bred horse. Should take some beating in this type of race,but market will guide you.

Selection: KINGS CHARM 5/1

4.35PM: 1M4F(Handicap)

Shocking race and probably best to be on something at decent price.......or just skip the race. But being forced to pick one, i would have to go for YES MR PRESIDENT, mark johnston not a stable i like and not exactly going great guns at moment. But this horse being out of montjeu,its bred for race like this. Ran two very poor races on it's first two runs,but that could just be down to johnston stable form at the time, but horse hacked up last time out in 3 runner race and all though never beat much,it was very impressive and looked to have improved alot from first two runs. Got stall 1, and getting a weight of most of it's rivals. I will be disappointed if it does not go close here. But not a race to get involved with to be honest.

Selection: YES MR PRESIDENT 8/1

excellent first post, welcome to the forum

I have an impressive bank of knowledge and experience. Unfortunately, I've lost the combination to this bank.

Always a top class meeting, and Robert Sangster's favourite (RIP).

Problem with the draw at Chester is the bookies have it well and truly sussed in the prices, even the Forecast formula adjusts massively to favour the draw at Chester, so you may have 1st & 2nd at 3/1 & 5/1, and it will pay a lot more if they were drawn 9 & 10, than 1 & 2......same goes for Beverley, etc

People are under the impression that the draw only effect sprints, but it is EVERY race. Think about it, the 5F race has a big bias if drawn wide, so imagine a 2M race draw on the outside, and forced wide for 2 circuits? How much ground does it lose? A lot of lengths I'll tell ya.

Watch for CD & C winners in Handicaps.

FREE Live Odds Comparison Software

Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Filipino UK Filipino Forum | Win2Win Racing - Free Tips

Chester

Great meeting but there are 2 courses I never ever bet on... Chester and Goodwood. As Keith says, bookies have them sewn up and the draw too often makes nonsense of the form. Just terrific to watch.

Resident Believer.

Now if CARRIBBEAN CORAL were indeed 20-1 I`d have an e/w even though he is one of Keith`s lays. BUt best I see is 8s at the moment..

Resident Believer.

33-1 winner trouncing all. That`s what I love about Chester.
    Not.

Resident Believer.

Not great day so far. to many shocks for my liking.

Absolutely typical Chester.

Resident Believer.

Quote Originally Posted by susanwells View Post
    Absolutely typical Chester.
    I make a lot of money at Chester every year, but you do need to dig a little deeper than usual in form.

wb is offline Win2Win Racing Club Member

Is there a delay with the racing there?

Tada gan iarracht

No...Betfair was on the blink though.

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    I make a lot of money at Chester every year, but you do need to dig a little deeper than usual in form.
    OK clever clogs, how much did you make today and on what ?

Resident Believer.

I didn't say EVERY day, but I broke even with DONCASTER ROVER, and ALLIED POWER.

Would have had the winner of the Cup if they'd disqualified the first 8

Enjoying Chelters .....always a story in these races :)

Thread Information