Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.

Thread: The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight

I went to see this yesterday.... have to say it's the best Batman movie ever. Bale is brilliant as Batman / Bruce Wayne, but the performance of Heath Ledger as the Joker is just incredible, he really steals every scene he's in. I'd never have thought I could find myself seeing someone play a part better than Jack Nicholson, but Ledger carries it off effortlessly, it makes his untimely death even sadder as he was obviously a hell of a talent. Movie of the year!

My keyboard's running out of ink....

cheers big c i'll go see this

‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing’

This is a truly awesome film, got to agree with BigC on that one.

There are big performances from Christian Bale and Heath Ledger but Michael Caine, Aaron Eckhart and Morgan Freeman make a hell of a supporting cast, weighing in with great performances themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by mathare View Post
    Michael Caine, Aaron Eckhart and Morgan Freeman make a hell of a supporting cast, weighing in with great performances themselves.
    Yeah definitely, Caine and Freeman are always worth watching anyway, and are superb here, and Eckhart is also on top form.. to add another, Gary Oldman gives a good performance as well.

I just spotted it's got a 9.4 rating on IMDB for over 160,000 ratings... sums up just how good it is.

Quote Originally Posted by bigcumba View Post
    Gary Oldman gives a good performance as well.
    I forgot about him, somehow.

I just spotted it's got a 9.4 rating on IMDB for over 160,000 ratings... sums up just how good it is.
    Absolutely.

Hopefully this will be the second (after Batman Begins) of a series of films taking up the Batman story. The first Batman film with Michael Keaton was very good but after that it went downhill, rapidly so after Batman Returns (or whatever Keaton's second film was called). The people behind this one have the scope to continue the story in many ways and I really hope they do as they are building a brilliant main character

i watched it last night aswell, and have to agree. was a great film.

Quote Originally Posted by mathare View Post
    The first Batman film with Michael Keaton was very good but after that it went downhill, rapidly so after Batman Returns
    Yep, those first 2 were very good as well, but the last one with Arnie as Mr Freeze or whatever he was called was dire... only Uma Thurman made that one worth watching - they almost harked back to the 60's TV series but without the camp fun that made them so watchable. As Mat said there's definitely something good started with these 2 new films, and the fact they've made them (and Batman himself) even darker than those first Keaton films seems to have given them a whole new take on the series. Roll on the next one!

Batman :splapme Bunch of kids :D

I'll be sitting down with a nice cup of cocoa tonight, watching my special edition DVD set of Crossroads

FREE Live Odds Comparison Software

Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Filipino UK Filipino Forum | Win2Win Racing - Free Tips

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    I'll be sitting down with a nice cup of cocoa tonight, watching my special edition DVD set of Crossroads
    That'll be the one with the pictures of a naked Benny holding a picture of Miss Diane in one hand and his wooly helmet in the other

That'll be the one with the pictures of a naked Benny holding a picture of Miss Diane in one hand and his wooly helmet in the other
    I always thought it was bird muck on it as well!!

"Listen to me. I can just about handle you, driving like a pissed-up crackhead and treating women like beanbags, but I’m going to say this once and once only, Gene: stay out of Camberwick Green!"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_cIbBTkn70&feature=related

Quote Originally Posted by scoobydoo View Post
    I always thought it was bird muck on it as well!!
    Miss Diane was a bit of a mucky bird anyway :D

Off to the IMAX (Britain's biggest cinema screen :D ) at Waterloo with the fellas and lasses from work on the 12th of August! Really looking forward to that one...

Was a bit hesitant about clicking on this thread in case the story was given away :D

The Vegster!

Winner of Ada's Eurovision Game 2014

That'll be superb Vegy, I've never been to an IMAX show before... must try and get up to London to try it out

Quote Originally Posted by vegyjones View Post
    Off to the IMAX (Britain's biggest cinema screen :D ) at Waterloo with the fellas and lasses from work on the 12th of August! Really looking forward to that one...

Was a bit hesitant about clicking on this thread in case the story was given away :D
    i thought the imax in bradford was the first and the biggest in the uk.

I have an impressive bank of knowledge and experience. Unfortunately, I've lost the combination to this bank.

It was definitely the first Piggy, not the biggest anymore though according to the BFI - over 20 metres high compared to Bradford's 14.6, sounds amazing!

http://www.bfi.org.uk/whatson/bfi_imax

It was definitely the first Piggy, not the biggest anymore though according to the BFI - over 20 metres high compared to Bradford's 14.6, sounds amazing!

http://www.bfi.org.uk/whatson/bfi_imax

I have to say,. if you see it, see it at the IMAX!

The special scenes made especially for the IMAX were INCREDIBLE. Most of them were the aeiral views and made you feel like you were actually falling through the air. I have never been to a film like it in my entire life, and am now planning on taking the missus to show her just how incredible it is. I'm not normally a fan of comic book films, but this one was really amazing!

The Vegster!

Must admit having seen the IMAX website and got an idea of the screen size and just how powerful the sound system is (11600 watts ) I'm seriously thinking if going up there to see it again.

wb is offline Win2Win Racing Club Member

Can I be a grump for a minute?

I'm sorry folks, but it just wasn't my cup of tea. Am I the only one who thinks it's not brilliant? Everyone seems horrified when I say I didn't enjoy it much. It's as if we are all supossed to like it simply because it's Batman. The film made years ago with Jack Nicholson as Joker and Michael Keaton as Batman was way better.

The storyline was too far fetched (even for Batman), and it was two movies in one. The two-face thing should have been left out of it for another movie. OK, perhaps introduce him -but another hour of it? It was way too long and could've been fit into 90 minutes. I went at half eight, and only made it back to the local in time for one pint afterwards - not good!

I won't say it's a bad movie - it's not. But it's certainly not the best movie ever made as people seem to be banging on about.

I just thought it was OK.

Tada gan iarracht

A couple of people who went said something similar Wayne... a few scenes too long... and what was it with Bale's Batman voice... that was getting pretty tedious by the end of the film!

The Vegster!

Yes you are a grump Wayne . My own opinion is that this is as close to a perfect movie as is likely to be made in my lifetime. It's even better than Kevin and Perry Go Large... being serious though there are several stunning performances in there, Bale is the best Batman yet, though Keaton was very very good. Ledger's performance is better than Nicholson's and that's from a dyed in the wool fan of Jack Nicholson. I never ever thought I'd see the day anyone played a part better than him but it has been done. Eckhart is also superb, and the rest of the supporting cast are great with the likes of Oldman and Caine giving typically strong performances.

I don't think it was too long either, I was never bored at all throughout the whole film. I'm not a particularly big Batman / superhero fan, I've rarely bought comics, usually just borrowed the odd one, so I'm not looking at the film from that sort of perspective. It's just a fantastic movie. Is it the best film ever? Probably not, but I'd put it in my top 10 from the thousands I've seen. I think in years to come it will still be considered a classic.

Bunch of crap all these 'comic' book films, never seen a good one yet......give me 'Brokeback Mountain' any day!!!

FREE Live Odds Comparison Software

Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Filipino UK Filipino Forum | Win2Win Racing - Free Tips

Thread Information