Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789

Thread: Ada's KILLER Game - In Play

Quote Originally Posted by Ada View Post
    :D:D Sarcastic git!! :D:D
    I actually meant it. I wasn't expecting a sudden death showdown. I don't know what I was expecting really when it came down to the final stages as I hadn't thought that far ahead. Oldham has had the upper hand for a while now so it will be interesting (and exciting!) to see what happens now. It could be considered cruel were Paul to slip in at the death and win it but that's life.

Like I said, exciting to see if Oldham can maintain the dominance he has enjoyed and clinch the prize or will he come unstuck at the final hurdle and let Paul in with a late winner.

This makes for a better finish than I anticipated

Paul is offline Win2Win Racing Club Member

Sudden Death - Bet 1

Thursday 6th Nov (K.O. 03:00)
    Ice Hockey
    St Louis Blues v Anaheim Ducks
    Bet Type - Total Goals
    Selection - Over 5.5
    Odds/Bookie - 1/1 @ Bluesq.com

Oh well, lets stick with the Hockey and go against the betting!

Paul

ps. Yes I would feel very guilty if I did win, seeing as I have only been a member of the board since Feb 2002 but been too scared to post! No I really would feel guilty!

Result: St Louis Blues 2 - 5 Anaheim Ducks........Bet Wins the Game

Oh well, it had been coming for a while.

Good Luck to Oldham & Paul in the battle for victiory...

Thanks for running another great competition Ada, your contribution to the forum is brilliant...

I will certainly look forward to next great idea to keep us busy...:)

“One hundred years from now, it will not matter what my bank account was, how big my house was, or what kind of car I drove. But the world may be a little better, because I was important in the life of a child.”

-Forest Witcraft

Sudden Death Bet 1

Champions League - 05/11/08

AaB 2 v Villareal 2
    Win Market
    Villareal to win
    8/15 with Bet365

Good Luck Paul. :)

Bet Loses!

So it's down to Paul's ice hockey bet then...

Late equaliser for Aab too wasn't it. Depserately unlicky Oldham!

Good luck with yours Paul!

The Vegster!

Winner of Ada's Eurovision Game 2014

So........we have a winner!!!!

The Oldham Whisper has managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, leaving Paul as the WINNER of the game, thanks to his early morning Ice Hockey bet coming up trumps.

Congratulations to Paul !!

A £15 Amazon voucher will be on its way to you shortly.

It just leaves me to thank eveyone who has taken part.......I hope you've enjoyed it.

It's been a fairly low-maintenance game to run, so I would be more than happy to stage another KILLER game.......of course, only as long as you the players support the idea & want to play.

Take a look at the Table on the first post of this thread for the players' final standings.

I will shortly post some statistics for this game for you to mull over & maybe comment on.

Thanks again for playing..........(& unlucky Oldham)

Ada.

Well done Paul - that's nearly £1 for each post you've made

Unlucky Oldham. A very tactical approach to the game but it just didn't go right for you at the end.

KILLER GAME STATISTICS

Bets posted: 136
    of which there were:
    82 wins
    &
    54 losers

Giving a STRIKE RATE of 60.29%

Using LEVEL STAKES the game produced a profit of just 3.56 points & ROI of 2.62%

Starting with a Bank of £100, & using a 3% stake (adjusted for each bet),
    the game produced a profit of just £6.32 & ROI of 1.25%

Total amount staked: £506.00
    During the game the Bank reached a HIGH of £154.67 (profit of £54.67)
    During the game the Bank reached a LOW of £92.94 (loss of £7.06)

I suppose the conclusion we can draw from this is that the game was a classic example of a
    high strike rate odds-on 'system' yielding a very low profit.

I suppose the conclusion we can draw from this is that the game was a classic example of a high strike rate odds-on 'system' yielding a very low profit.
    Certainly seems that way, although a number of studies have shown that the bookies do offer better (fairer) prices on favourites than outsiders, certainly in horse racing.

I definitely used the odds when picking my selections rather than finding the best bet at the time and not worrying about the odds much. I tended to look at the football matches (as I know more about those than horses, ice hockey, baseball etc) and look for teams around 1/2 or just over. I then used various stats to identify the best bet from that shortlist of teams. It's not at all how I would put together a working system though.

Interesting stats though Ada. You know how I love numbers and data analysis so good work

well done Paul and unlucky TOW.:)

Thanks for running a really good comp Ada, I will look to do better next time although I'm bound to do better than John!

"Listen to me. I can just about handle you, driving like a pissed-up crackhead and treating women like beanbags, but I’m going to say this once and once only, Gene: stay out of Camberwick Green!"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_cIbBTkn70&feature=related

Well Done Paul and thanks to Ada for running the game.

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

All,

Sorry Oldham, now I really do feel guilty. Most other boards would be spitting feathers at me winning, you guys couldn't be nicer.

I am now going to try my hardest to contribute more to the board.

It is the first time I have even looked at Ice Hockey bets and I reckon that if I start putting money on them its going to go belly up!

Paul

Congrats Paul - and don't feel guilty! You've been a member even longer than I have (in fact you could probably give Keith a run for his money!!).

Thanks to everyone for taking part and keeping the pressure on right to the end.

Thanks Ada for another super contest and I'll look forward to the next one. :D

Yes, well done Ada.

Cant wait for the next one!!!!

Paul

Congrats Paul...

and you're a great advert to many other people that don't join in Ada's games that there really is money to be won for nothing!

The Vegster!

Winner of Ada's Eurovision Game 2014

Quote Originally Posted by vegyjones View Post
    .....money to be won for nothing!
    .....and chicks to be had for free! :D

Big congrats to Paul, big well done to Oldham and massive thanks to Ada. :)

Using LEVEL STAKES the game produced a profit of just 3.56 points & ROI of 2.62%.
    Very interesting stats which look very poorly compared to how things stood after the first couple of rounds. I wonder if there's an element of treating it as fun to begin with then trying too hard as the game progresses. You mentioned having been involved in a similar game elsewhere - does this picture fit in with those other games or are we just rubbish?

My keyboard's running out of ink....

Seriously well done Paul, and rep coming at ya for the win! Hopefully we'll see you post more often now you've got the hang of things!

My keyboard's running out of ink....

Quote Originally Posted by bigcumba
    Very interesting stats which look very poorly compared to how things stood after the first couple of rounds. I wonder if there's an element of treating it as fun to begin with then trying too hard as the game progresses.
    I think you've made a good observation there BigC..........it did strike me as well that most players (though by no means all, myself included here) during the first couple of weeks or so (1-3) of the game seemed to be pretty much coasting along..........then mid-way through (4-7), a lot of bets seemed to go belly-up........& towards the end (8-10) the form started to improve again.

Why?........no idea myself......it might be worth playing another game to see if the trends repeat themselves (hint-hint :)).

Regarding the nigh-on identical game being played on the other site.......I get the impression that the guy that runs it keeps stats on his game, but I've never seen them posted.

Quote Originally Posted by bigcumba
    ....or are we just rubbish?
    How could you say such a thing!!!!!!!!!!.......We're the BEST.....no matter what the stats may say :).

I think another good point about this form of competition is that Ada himself can enter and not be at any advantage/disadvantage to the rest of us, unlike some of the other competitions. Having the organiser in there as well is always good fun and adds a bit of interest for them too

Thread Information