Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.

Thread: Cyberlink media library.

Cyberlink media library.

Every time I switch on the pc and at various times thereafter.
    CLMLserver.exe starts up and hogs the processor and slows the pc right down. I open task manager stop the process and the pc is fine again. Then 'something' will make it start up again and I have to stop it.
    Couple o' questions..... What is cyberlink media library?
    Can I delete it?
    If so how? 'Cos it don't show up in the add/remove programs window.

It's hard to have a battle of wits when your opponent is unarmed.

lowe1 is offline Win2Win Racing Club Member

looks like you need it sparky

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/star...exe-17256.html

Cheers Tony.
    If it's there by design, what's making it hog all the processing power?
    There's summat wrong somewhere.

It's hard to have a battle of wits when your opponent is unarmed.

OK, the file is normally harmless but has been known to be 'hijacked' by malware. Do a search for the file (include all folders and system folders too) on the C Drive. If there is a 'copy' of the file in the Windows or Windows\System32 folder, there could be problems and you need to post on here again. If this is not the case, I suggest that we begin by disabling the service and seeing if it adversely affects the machine (we can always enable it again).

First, right click on the Task Bar and select Properties.
    Click on the Start Menu Tab and make sure that 'Classic Start Menu' is checked - then click on Customize. Check the 'Display Administrative Tools' box (if it is not already ticked) and then click OKs until you are back at the desktop.

Next - Start>Programs>Administrative Tools>Services
    Scroll down to the Cyberlink Media Library Service and right click to get to the Properties page. Use the dropdown 'Startup Type' and select 'Disabled'. Then stop the service.

As far as I can tell, the service is only needed when you are using Power Cinema/DVD from Cyberlink. If you use Real Player or similar for watching video and playing music, then you probably won't need to restart the service at all.

If you notice anything out of the ordinary, reverse what you have done and I'll see if there's anything else I can dig up.

Thread Information