Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.

Thread: Excel

Excel

I think this has been asked before but I can't seem to find the thread.

When downloading the betting history from betfair it formats onto excel with the pr/loss column in text with minuses in brackets and you cannot highlight it and get a sum total of the column. I think someone (mat probably!) said how to change this but I can't remember. Have tried the basic formatting the column to numbers etc but with no joy.

thanks

"I put a skylight in my apartment...... the people upstairs are furious." - Stephen Wright

My Website : http://www.mrmrsportssystems.co.uk
    Now offering three subscription based betting systems and daily free bets.
    Free bets 34.7pts up in October

Actually I think I suggested VBA to change the format as that's how I have done it in the past but there is another solution - I just can't remember what it was! Let me have a search on the forum...

http://www.win2win.co.uk/forum/showt...ets#post472779

Cheers Mat. When I select paste special after copying that I get that other box with the list of options rather than the one that lets you select unitext but by selecting 'add' under the operations section it worked anyway

"I put a skylight in my apartment...... the people upstairs are furious." - Stephen Wright

If you paste (normal) into one workbook and then, in a wholly separate instance of Excel (i.e start Excel twice), paste that data from the first workbook in using paste special you'll get the unitext option. But that's rather convoluted and you have got a way to get it working anyway

Get a pen, get a piece of paper, and do it the man's way ya Sissy

The Vegster!

Winner of Ada's Eurovision Game 2014

Paper? You softy. Blood used from a nose bleed by banging your head against the wall and then scraped into the skin with a rusty knife. :D

Quote Originally Posted by MattR View Post

Paper? You softy. Blood used from a nose bleed by banging your head against the wall and then scraped into the skin with a rusty knife. :D
    Luxury - What's up wi' a rusty nail? Tell me that! And if WE wanted someat to etch on, we 'ad to stretch us scrotum out and leave it in the sun for 3 days...

Thread Information