Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.

Thread: I Pod shuffle

wb is offline Win2Win Racing Club Member

I Pod shuffle

My wife has an i-pod shuffle and I want to delete what's on it and put on some of my own saved music files.

I plugged in to the usb port, opened it under 'my computer' and copied my files into the player. But when I actually play it away from the computer, the old songs keep playing, despite those not showing up when I open up the thing on the computer.

Any ideas?

My old creative mp3 player was much easier. You simply copied and pasted in the files (much like a USB stick) and then it was ready to go.

Tada gan iarracht

Have you got an up to date version of iTunes on your pc Wayne? Have a look at this link, might help you out??

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1412

"Listen to me. I can just about handle you, driving like a pissed-up crackhead and treating women like beanbags, but I’m going to say this once and once only, Gene: stay out of Camberwick Green!"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_cIbBTkn70&feature=related

You need iTunes software to get rid of the old stuff (be careful as you can easily delete them rather than move them elsewhere. You might also have to convert the MP3s for use with the iPod (depending on how old it is).

OK. Was hoping I wouldn't have to go through the whole ipod site.

Tada gan iarracht

Quote Originally Posted by wb View Post
    OK. Was hoping I wouldn't have to go through the whole ipod site.
    You might not have to...put iTunes on you might be surprised.

http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

"Listen to me. I can just about handle you, driving like a pissed-up crackhead and treating women like beanbags, but I’m going to say this once and once only, Gene: stay out of Camberwick Green!"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_cIbBTkn70&feature=related

a right bloddy racket having to go through itunes i got a top notch ipod for christmas last year and was annoyed that i couldnt just drop and drag files. it has been its box since i got it

‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing’

Yeah, I really want to drag and drop like my old player. It was pure simplicity.

Tada gan iarracht

Hello,

So... what's the process now then with the new iPod Touch? I presume that's what you have boxed, SC? Can you not just plug it in, drag and drop your files from Library to iPod?

You can do that on the old iPods. :)

I never upgraded to the Touch as it's overkill for what I need. Still got my 4gb miniscule iPod that fits into my pocket nicely, much smaller than the Touch.

Anyway I'm getting a bit off subject. What's the process for actually transferring m4as/mp3s to the iPod then; do you have to sync your whole library/individual playlists now?

yep you cant drag and drop, i dont know which mine is i know its 80gb and was about £250 i'd ebay it but its got "all my love mandy" engraved in the back ha ha ha ha ha

Fair enough fella, but if you managed to sell it for £250 you'd be in a slightly better position financially to pay off that annoying sum you owe... :(

Might be worth checking out some engraving services - I have no idea how much they are and yes it's a bit of a hassle getting it done etc, but a quick Google search tells me that you can get engravings removed. Alternatively you could have something engraved over the top - such as a blank rectangle...

Google search on 'remove engraving' produces a lot of iPod results!

http://www.google.co.uk/search?clien...=Google+Search

I have never figured out why people have gone mad over the I Pods, they are so much more restrictive when moving music around and piracy (not that i would ever do that- arr shiver me timbers)

Stick with creative, Iriver, and generally the cheaper drop and drag players- another one to avoid is sony

Cheers John,
    I wouldn't sell it as it has sentimental value and although i am annoyed at the sum i owe i am not bothered about it financially. Ok its nine hundred quid all told but i am not going to lose sleep over afew hundred quid its the principal that i have been taken through court and had my credit rating damaged without anyone telling me that upsets me. I paid the sum more or less straight away as to be quite honest i do not trust that i will get justice.

I had the innitial service charge to pay of £450 which has more or less doubled with the costs but if i let things continue and then paid for legal advice and then turned out to be unable to get recourse that could double again. Acouple of days away from working for appointments with solicitors would also add to the bill so i'll take it on the chin.
    I will pursue them at my own leisure though and hope to counter claim, it aint the money its the damage to my reputation credit wise. Luckily i already have a mortgage and have had for 7 years with no defaulting so i know i will have no problems with my bank but you never know how detremental these things can become.

As for my ipod it does come in handy i store backing tracks on it and run them through my amp to play along to, but i do agree with the general feeling that they are over complicated ie "itunes" etc cheers for looking at engraving removal for me kind of you

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Fair enough fella, but if you managed to sell it for £250 you'd be in a slightly better position financially to pay off that annoying sum you owe... :(

Might be worth checking out some engraving services - I have no idea how much they are and yes it's a bit of a hassle getting it done etc, but a quick Google search tells me that you can get engravings removed. Alternatively you could have something engraved over the top - such as a blank rectangle...

Google search on 'remove engraving' produces a lot of iPod results!

http://www.google.co.uk/search?clien...=Google+Search

Thread Information