Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.

Thread: Wsop 2008

Wsop 2008

Been downloading this as the action unfolds in the real world... they're down to the last 27 or 18, I can't remember how far I've watched but Cantu just got knocked out.

Now, I wish Tiffany Michelle would shut the up. She called for a clock when she wasn't even in the hand... pretty sick if you ask me.

Much as I love the game I can't watch poker on TV - it just seems very wrong to me. It's not the game as it is actually played but is an edited down 'fake' version for TV

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Been downloading this as the action unfolds in the real world... they're down to the last 27 or 18, I can't remember how far I've watched but Cantu just got knocked out.

Now, I wish Tiffany Michelle would shut the up. She called for a clock when she wasn't even in the hand... pretty sick if you ask me.
    Don't worry - she doesn't get to the final table.

I've never understood the attraction of bestiality but looking back over my life it does appear as though I married a cow, lived with a moose, been out with at least 5 dogs and spent a lot of time being chased by whales.

Quote Originally Posted by counterfeit View Post
    Oh yeah, that must start up again soon I guess. Stupid decision by Harrah's if you ask me.

I saw. :D

9 left now, I've watched everything up to the latest stage. I can't believe whoever it was called all-in preflop with T5 offsuit to Aces.

I also can't believe some of the moves they make. I haven't seen a single fold made on the river yet. Granted, usually someone is all-in before the river but that also surprises me given that the blinds are so low in relation to their chip stacks. I can't get my head around the fact that they bet their entire stacks with mediocre hands before the flop, when the blinds are so low. Is it because they're all so desperate to win? I thought you were supposed to play with patience until you reach the final table. They've all cashed, so I guess they don't care and most of the time will call with any two cards.

I'm pleased Tiffany's out, AJ to AA, that'll teach her.

I can't remember their stack sizes but the young 21yo Russian (shame it's a bloke ) looks like he's in with a good shout of winning. He just oozes some kind of "I'm gonna kick your ass" attitude about him and seems really strong.

Joe Bishop was doing really well, he had 11m and lost it in 2 hands with AQ, funny he knew on a rag-rag-Q flop that he didn't have the better hand.

Scott WhatsHisFace is starting to annoy me and won't last long.

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    I can't remember their stack sizes but the young 21yo Russian (shame it's a bloke ) looks like he's in with a good shout of winning. He just oozes some kind of "I'm gonna kick your ass" attitude about him and seems really strong.
    He did really well in one of the recent London events too. WSOPE or EPT - they all blur into one really.

Peter Eastgate is the favourite for me.

I've never understood the attraction of bestiality but looking back over my life it does appear as though I married a cow, lived with a moose, been out with at least 5 dogs and spent a lot of time being chased by whales.

Quote Originally Posted by mathare View Post
    He did really well in one of the recent London events too. WSOPE or EPT - they all blur into one really.
    He's Ivan Demidov, saw him play at the final table at the WSOPE where he came 3rd. He always looked relax at the table and looked really confident joking with other players throughout.

Peter Eastgate is the favourite for me.
    Good shout. Beat Demidov heads up to win the bracelet

At 12/1 - thank you all and I'm off to count my money.

Thread Information