Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.

Thread: EDEXCEL - exam board

EDEXCEL - exam board

Anyone else here had dealings with them before? I've had to in the past when there was a wee problem with my daughter's GCSE exams, but they were very helpful and sorted things out promptly. But.... it would appear that someone on here had a minor problem with them. Now have 3 guesses who could possibly have an argument with an exam board. Who was most recently at school? Who do we know is 'always right'? Amazing what you can find in the public domain on Google these days!

PS - The course in question obviously wasn't English

PPS - after the article I've given a link to something else you may find amusing / helpful / confusing

I've been studying the RS FULL COURSE and took the short course exam in 2004 i was supposed to be taking the other 50% of my exam on the 14/06/05. This would have completed my course and gained me the 100% of marks.

UNFORTUNATELY EDEXCEL in their majesty have decided to remove my short course allocation of marks which i attained in my exam this time last year. I GAINED AN A* GRADE IN THAT EXAM AND I THOUGHT I WAS SITTING WITH 91/100 FOR 50% OF MY FULL COURSE.

YOU have now said that everyone on the FULL course for which the exam for the second 50% is on the 14/06/05 MUST TAKE ANOTHER 2hr exam on the 27th of may.

YOU HAVE COMPLETLEY LOST THE PLOT, i feel that edexcel as an exam board should have far more inteligence and realise that we have gone through 2 HOURS worth of exams and we expect this to count for the 50% of our full course. I AM EXTREMELY ANNOYED WITH EDEXCEL AND I WILL PERSUE THIS FURTHER!

I would like edexcel to contact me regarding this matter and i expect them to make a decision about what exsactly they are going to do in regards to which "short course" exam marks will be taken to count towards the "full course". MY SCHOOL "Trinity School Carlisle Cumbria" centre number 42129 did ring you REPEATIDLY to confirm the course i was on and you STILL have managed to leave me 7 days to revise 1 FULL YEARS WORTH OF WORK!!!

I have got to hand it to edexcel they have managed to surprise me with their expectations, they expect a pupil who has nearly 13 other exams to revise to be able to revise 1 years worth of work in 7 days! MARVELOUS YOU REALLY KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING IN EDEXCEL DON'T YOU! ALSO its not just that you expect us to do the second test aswell. that's another 1 years worth, admitidly with more time, but HAY GUESS WHAT....

With edexcells brilliant thinking the test i am taking for my 50% of the full course MIGHT NOT COUNT AT ALL. JUST LIKE THE 2hrs of SOLID writing i did for the short course. I MIGHT AS WELL HAVE SIT AT HOME!

Hopefully this e-mail will be forwarded to someone who feels really guilty at the situation they have left the many GCSE students facing. YOU have been in the papers before and i wouldn't be surprised if a) you lose custom over this from the schools B) you end up in every newspaper i can forward the story to.

Thank you for listening to the annoyed teenager currently under a lot of pressure and who didn't need this especially AT SUCH SHORT NOTICE!

Regards
    Tom Anthony Lowes

Edexcel’s reply
    >Subject
    >---------------------------------------------------------------
    >RS EXAM
    >
    >
    >Discussion Thread
    >---------------------------------------------------------------
    >Response (gervas_j) - 20/05/2005 08.51 AM
    >Dear Mr Tom Anthony Lowes
    >
    >
    >Thank you for your e-mail enquiry.
    >
    >Unfortunately we are unable to assist you in this matter.
    >
    >You will need to contact your tutor at your centre for a resolution to this query.
    >
    >
    >
    >Kind Regards
    >
    >Edexcel Customer Services
    >0870 240 9800
    >www.edexcel.org.uk

My reply

FANTASTIC!
    EDEXCEL ARE UNABLE TO ADVSE ME AS TO WHAT TO DO IN THIS SITUATION! I'm going to
    teach edexcel for a while so i thought i'd lay out the key points below.....

ok no.1 your exam board has PUT ME in this situation so you DO KNOW what you've done
    no2. If you are unable to advise me then who is? because certainly i would
    imagine that you are advising my tutor who is therefore advising me
    no3. Your services as an exam board have failed to impress me in the slightest.
    You are unable to demostrate to a GCSE pupil what him/her should do when an exam
    board makes a "cock up"
    no4. Your exam board ALWAYS should know what to do, if it doesn't then you aren't
    an exam bored and as such are causing people problems without the solutions
    no5. Your response has aided me in doing one thing and one thing only, i now know
    who to e-mail and forward your responses to in relation to this matter.
    no6. You will certainly be hearing from both my tutor and my in regards to this
    matter and i hope you are ready to offer a more acceptable and defined solution
    to the press
    no7. Perhaps despite all the algebra and complex theories we just urged Edexcel
    to use a well known and ancient technique passed down through all exam boards, it
    just seems to have skipped a generation with edexcel. What is this magical
    ability that i talk of, its commonly known as...................... common sense!

Thank you.

Regards
    Tom Lowes

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And here's that link... enjoy:wink

http://www.streetdirectory.com/trave...et_empire.html

My keyboard's running out of ink....

Why would anyone buy a website designed/written by a child you can't even write coherent English?

Quote Originally Posted by mathare View Post
    Why would anyone buy a website designed/written by a child you can't even write coherent English?
    And he says he will 'fix' any problems. I wonder if 'any' is quantifiable mathematically? Could it be 99.9999999999999999% of problems? :splapme

My keyboard's running out of ink....

Quote Originally Posted by bigcumba View Post
    no4. Your exam board ALWAYS should know what to do, if it doesn't then you aren't an exam bored
    Genius, I see the logic all the way through!

"was it just look that you stumbled across it"

ha ha ha ha ha you couldn't make it up

‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing’

Quote Originally Posted by mathare View Post
    Vegy!

FREE Live Odds Comparison Software

Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Filipino UK Filipino Forum | Win2Win Racing - Free Tips

What you taklin' about Willis?

The Vegster!

Winner of Ada's Eurovision Game 2014

Quote Originally Posted by bigcumba View Post
    ... Could it be 99.9999999999999999% of problems? :splapme
    You're confusing him with Domestos and Household germs

ha ha ha ha ha vgood TOW

‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing’

Is this one of his Flash sites? http://www.frnz.de/ (Please wear sunglasses!)

FREE Live Odds Comparison Software

Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Filipino UK Filipino Forum | Win2Win Racing - Free Tips

Presumably the other 50% of the course is the spelling part.

"It doesn’t matter what you sell it could be anything from tennis shoes to e-books. Well really e-books is what I’m talking about"

"Most people use free hosts because they’re free"

Powerful insight there.

Prehistory man advertised?

"If they’ve spent 1 million advertising in newspapers but only had 10000 responses they should really drop the newspaper! "

Not if the item for sale cost £200.

"I put a skylight in my apartment...... the people upstairs are furious." - Stephen Wright

My Website : http://www.mrmrsportssystems.co.uk
    Now offering three subscription based betting systems and daily free bets.
    Free bets 34.7pts up in October

Thread Information