Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.

Thread: Poker and life aims for 2009

Post Poker and life aims for 2009

2009 is nearly upon us, so I thought it time to set some poker and non-poker goals for 2009.

Continue grinding the cash tables and building my bankroll. As long as I can continue playing within my bankroll, and playing hard, my bankroll should look bigger, and hopefully have a couple more zeros on the end.

To play a few more MTT's, and hopefully win a couple. It would be good if the MTT's I win are big ones, and the MTT's I don't win are small ones - because then I'd make lots of money. And winning lots of money is a good thing.

To have a little more patience against very bad players. I am paying off some very bad players when I have a decent hand but it is likely they have better. My motto for 2009 - "Even muppets can have a pair of Aces". (A statistical study in 2008 found that Miss Piggy, Kermit and Gonzo were as likely to be dealt a pair of Aces as anyone else - which I have to say, I found surprising).

To read a few more poker books, and expand my knowledge base. And to get past chapter three of "Poker for Dummies".

To spend more time with my two children. This is at odds with my poker ambitions, so something has to go - so the wife will have to take a back seat (after she has finished cooking the dinner that is).

To make sure that my wife doesn't read this blog...

To go down the gym at least twice a week. Every week. Even when it's cold. But not too cold.

To get published as a writer. This will involve writing lots of letters to publishers, and being very insistent, and persevering, and never giving up. (I also have to write something, which I find is a big help in being published).

To win the X-factor. The world is crying out for a thirty-seven year old male to dominate the charts. Think Lionel Richie meets Bono meets Phil Mitchell - a niche in the market that is crying out for a new talent.

Buy myself a sports car. A red one. That goes very fast. This ambition is dependent upon my poker aims being met. It is also dependent upon my mid-life crisis taking place.

Read more Cloud Poker

Cloud Poker - The First Blog
    Live poker novice flattened by moustache
    Switching from tournaments to cash
    Bert and Ernie play the Sunday Million
    Betfair Poker Charity game

More...

I didn't know you wrote for the RSS feed, Mat!

Quote Originally Posted by TheOldhamWhisper View Post
    I didn't know you wrote for the RSS feed, Mat!
    You've sussed the secret.....

FREE Live Odds Comparison Software

Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Filipino UK Filipino Forum | Win2Win Racing - Free Tips

Thread Information