Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: January Transfer Window

Downing is apparently going to hand in a transfer request first thing tomorrow morning.

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Stewart Downing isn't a bad player, £6m may be slightly on the cheap side, but he's no Wayne Bridge.
    A John MacEnroe might say

YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS

The Vegster!

Winner of Ada's Eurovision Game 2014

12 million for Bridge? Unbelievable.
    £90,000 a week?

My head is in pain.

:splapme

£90,000 a week?

My head is in pain.

:splapme
    Its unreal isnt it. I wonder what the players of 20 years ago are thinking now, probably feel pretty sick and as if they have missed the boat somewhat!

"Listen to me. I can just about handle you, driving like a pissed-up crackhead and treating women like beanbags, but I’m going to say this once and once only, Gene: stay out of Camberwick Green!"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_cIbBTkn70&feature=related

It makes you wonder, thinking about players who narrowly missed out on these mega wages and fees, and what they might be worth in today's market.

A Gazza in his prime... ouch!

The Vegster!

Quote Originally Posted by vegyjones View Post
    It makes you wonder, thinking about players who narrowly missed out on these mega wages and fees, and what they might be worth in today's market.

A Gazza in his prime... ouch!
    Absolutely. There is no doubt average players are making a small fortune now. I mean, look at Defoe. If its true that all these teams are after him for fees of around £15 to £20 million...I just dont rate him very highly but then again you can only be as good as to what is around you eh?

"Listen to me. I can just about handle you, driving like a pissed-up crackhead and treating women like beanbags, but I’m going to say this once and once only, Gene: stay out of Camberwick Green!"

Agreed! Makes me wonder what Robinho and Stephen Ireland are on. I would say Robinho probably £120k and Ireland not far behind. Then there's that new striker they signed, is it Jo? I can't see anyone playing for City now to ever be as good as George Kinkladze... and if he played there now he'd be making a mint.

Gazza in his prime would be making an absolute fortune, as would players like Peter Beardsley. Think what Shearer and Eric Cantona would be on... it's scary to think about.

Pompey were a decent side last season, they looked a challenge to face. This season some of the magic seems to have gone, if you can call it magic! They've lost spark, especially at home. I agree Rick, Defoe is pretty average, and I don't rate him all that highly either. I never used to rate Crouch much but he seems to have come on a bit. If Defoe returns to Spurs, I can't exactly see him setting the world alight... but then would anybody joining Spurs do that at the moment?

Pompey were a decent side last season, they looked a challenge to face. This season some of the magic seems to have gone, if you can call it magic! They've lost spark, especially at home. I agree Rick, Defoe is pretty average, and I don't rate him all that highly either. I never used to rate Crouch much but he seems to have come on a bit. If Defoe returns to Spurs, I can't exactly see him setting the world alight... but then would anybody joining Spurs do that at the moment?

The thing I dont get is Defoe wasnt good enough for Spurs a year ago...but now he is? Well that means either Defoe is a better player now or Spurs are much worse. I think we know the answer to that one eh.:D

I said when Adams got Pompey job that I feared for him, others on here disagreed with me. (How very dare they?:D) I still would be surprised if he is still there come the summer. Oh the summer...roll on the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by scoobydoo View Post
    I said when Adams got Pompey job that I feared for him, others on here disagreed with me. (How very dare they?:D) I still would be surprised if he is still there come the summer. Oh the summer...roll on the summer.
    How come you think that mate - because Pompey have turned rubbish...? He isn't the best of managers in my opinion. Get him back defending for Arsenal - he was world class at that.

His previous reign said it all. he doesn't have what it takes to be a number one. and even if he does, he won't find a team in the top 4 divisions willing to give him time to develop.

The Vegster!

How come you think that mate - because Pompey have turned rubbish...? He isn't the best of managers in my opinion. Get him back defending for Arsenal - he was world class at that.
    His previous reign said it all. he doesn't have what it takes to be a number one. and even if he does, he won't find a team in the top 4 divisions willing to give him time to develop.
    I didnt think he was up to it before he got Pompey job and even less so now. I hope he does well cos he seems a nice chap but it just isnt going to work imho. I guess every manager gets the boot in the end, you just have to wait long enough to see it.

Adams was a quality defender although I do recall his early days when he got the donkey chants. I remember that 1988 match in Euros vs Holland when he didnt look so good, mind you it was Van Basten in his pomp and he was very young so little harsh!:) I just hope he turns it around, cant stand seeing a miserable Matt on here!! :D

Apparently, this is in the Mirror today. If they want, Ill just burn some of their money for them if they dont want it.

Man City have also offered midfielder Scott Parker £100,000 a week to quit West Ham and join them. (Mirror)

Scott Parker... not had his best form since his McDonald days...

Definitely wouldn't make my 11 best players in the world if I had unlimited funds!

The Vegster!

not had his best form since his McDonald days...
    Same as Lee Bowyer then

Unsurprisingly, it looks like Defoe is going back to the Lane.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...757019,00.html

According to Zenit St. Petersburg, Arsenal are in advanced talks to bring Arshavin to The Emirates.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...756237,00.html

The rumour-mill today sees Yaya Toure linked with a move from Barca to Man City, El-Hadji Diouf to either Blackburn or Wigan, Matthew Upson to Villa, Samuel Eto'o to Man City or Inter Milan, Denilson to Bolton, Matthew Etherington to Stoke and............

.......following his apparent refusal to sign for Real Madrid, Jermaine Pennant to AC Milan - nurse!!!

Champions League, we're 'aving a laugh, Champions League, we're 'aving a laugh!

Amongst the rumours doing the rounds today, Tony Adams is reportedly interested in Joey Barton and also Julien Faubert of West Ham, Bolton are set to sign Calum Davenport from West Ham, Kris Boyd and Lee Bowyer will sign for Birmingham from Rangers and West Ham respectively, Arsenal's Emmanuel Eboue is apparently attracting interest from Inter Milan, Stoke are said to be interested in bringing in Henri Camara from Wigan or Marlon Harewood from Villa and Wigan's Luke Ashworth is apparently poised to join Leyton Orient.

West Ham could end January with only three players. :)

Charlie Daniels has officially signed for Orient after being released on a free by Tottenham! The big move of the window, I'm sure you'll all agree.

The Vegster!

I don't know, you go away for three weeks or so and Pompey get a grand total of no points, scoring 2 and conceding 10 and get a 0-0 home cup draw with Bristol City. Go from 8th in the table to 14th and three points of the relegation places. Diarra and Defoe gone and the likes of Edu and Gary O'Neill linked. Great. I'm off again.

"I put a skylight in my apartment...... the people upstairs are furious." - Stephen Wright

My Website : http://www.mrmrsportssystems.co.uk
    Now offering three subscription based betting systems and daily free bets.
    Free bets 34.7pts up in October

Quote Originally Posted by MattR View Post
    I don't know, you go away for three weeks or so and Pompey get a grand total of no points, scoring 2 and conceding 10 and get a 0-0 home cup draw with Bristol City. Go from 8th in the table to 14th and three points of the relegation places. Diarra and Defoe gone and the likes of Edu and Gary O'Neill linked. Great. I'm off again.
    welcome back Matt. :) Dont worry, you have Spurs next week...must be something there for you surely?

lowe1 is offline Win2Win Racing Club Member

for all you leeds fans

http://leedsunited.ytmnd.com/

(sorry sam :D )

James Beattie makes a potentially brief return to the Premier League with Stoke.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...20090112222106

Whilst the early Tuesday morning rumour mill has City representatives apparently flying to Milan to convince Kaka that it is a good idea to leave the San Siro for Eastlands.

Emile Heskey leaves Wigan to join Aston Villa.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...838336,00.html

Pele off to Pompey...bet that has cheered you up Matt? :)

Yeah! Shame it's a 21yr old I've never heard of though Been at Inter Milan and Porto so must have something although clearly hasn't made a breakthrough at either.

"I put a skylight in my apartment...... the people upstairs are furious." - Stephen Wright

Robbie Keane set for medical at Spurs according to Sky Sports.

Angelos Basinas signs for Pompey. Decent signing that

Yeah he's a good player. 33 though, but better than what we have in central midfield now that's for sure.

Everton capture Brazilian international Jo from Manchester City on loan until the end of the season.

http://evertonfc.com/news/archive/blues-sign-jo.html

Orient have extended Dean Morgan's loan until the end of the season...

The Vegster!

from BBC Sport

1731: Transfer snap: Robbie Keane has rejoined Tottenham from Liverpool. That is official.

Thread Information