I have good news - Auto-Sys is back up and running

The new code is still under test and will remain so for a few days but I have been testing bits of it as I have been developing it so I am pretty sure it's working OK. But to be on the safe side I will still be using data from Keith as the Auto-Sys qualifiers list for the next few days but soon enough things should be back as they were. Actually, that's not true. Things will be better than they were! :)

Obviously I am using a new data source as the RP site cannot be used for this any more due to their new site structure and layout. But the new data source does allow me to pull a few tricks that will drastically reduce the number of manual rules that need to be checked. I am now able to check a horse's previous run so can use information from that to help decide whether a runner qualifies for a given system. I am also able to use Betfair odds as the betting forecast which ought to give a more accurate picture of which horses meet the system rules. All in all Auto-Sys has benefited greatly from this forced rewrite.

As I said I am going to run it alongside Keith's qualifiers for a few days as well as manually checking the various system rules to confirm my code works as expected but shortly Auto-Sys will be back proper with the qualifiers being posted at their previous normal time of around 9am.

Thanks for sticking with us during this trying time