Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guess who won't be going to work today?

Guess who won't be going to work today?

this was the view from one of our front windows at 730 this morning... no buses, main roads blocked, a 4 mile walk to the nearest train station, the trains not running anyway, and 15 miles to work. I think not!

And it's still snowing....

Attached Images Attached Images
    My keyboard's running out of ink....

I'm at my parents in Cumbria and its almost identical out of the window here

I think what we're getting is heading north as well Paul, so you might be in for another heavy fall later today!

Get out and clean the snow away you lazy good for nothing

:D

FREE Live Odds Comparison Software

Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Filipino UK Filipino Forum | Win2Win Racing - Free Tips

Well according to met office website so far this has been light snow, with heavy snow to fall Tuesday and Wednesday

I can't see the sheep.......I CAN'T SEE THE SHEEP

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    I can't see the sheep.......I CAN'T SEE THE SHEEP
    just go out and poke something long and hard in the snow till you hear a 'baa'

I'm in south west London, not an area known for its snow and the stuff's six inches deep!

I had the radio alarm on this morning and was snoozing through it when the travel bulletin came on. Five minutes later I had woken up a little and they were still doing the roads. Then they said there were no buses at all in London and the tube was out so don't expect the trains to be running. Jeez, thought I, how bad can it be out there? So I looked out the window and saw a lot of snow. Oh, that bad. Fair enough then.

Didn't stop me walking the 4+ miles to work though.

Quote Originally Posted by mathare View Post

A true Northerner if there ever was one! Not much in Lincoln, certainly nowhere near as bad as South-East has had it.

Attached Images Attached Images
    "Listen to me. I can just about handle you, driving like a pissed-up crackhead and treating women like beanbags, but I’m going to say this once and once only, Gene: stay out of Camberwick Green!"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_cIbBTkn70&feature=related

Used to do that sort of distance when I was in Scotland and the buses were off, but 15 miles here is just a wee bit too much.... I'd be heading home again just after I got to work!

Quote Originally Posted by bigcumba View Post
    Used to do that sort of distance when I was in Scotland and the buses were off, but 15 miles here is just a wee bit too much.... I'd be heading home again just after I got to work!
    Yeah, I wouldn't do 15 miles either. I'm just wondering now what's going to happen with the weather later. I don't want to get stranded at work so I can see another 4+ mile walk coming up later this afternoon/evening...

Yeah, I wouldn't do 15 miles either. I'm just wondering now what's going to happen with the weather later. I don't want to get stranded at work so I can see another 4+ mile walk coming up later this afternoon/evening...
    Just watching BBC news Mat and they reckon South-East is going to pretty bad at rush hour...quite a bit of snow to come later I think.

"Listen to me. I can just about handle you, driving like a pissed-up crackhead and treating women like beanbags, but I’m going to say this once and once only, Gene: stay out of Camberwick Green!"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_cIbBTkn70&feature=related

We even have about half an inch of snow. That's practically snowed in for here!

"I put a skylight in my apartment...... the people upstairs are furious." - Stephen Wright

My Website : http://www.mrmrsportssystems.co.uk
    Now offering three subscription based betting systems and daily free bets.
    Free bets 34.7pts up in October

Well, it's snowed in Leeds too which is fairly unusual as it normally waits until it hits the Penines and drops it all in Huddersfield.

The kids are home which is a total nuisance but they are going to their grandparents this afternoon to go sledging in the park. Hooray - peace.

I've never understood the attraction of bestiality but looking back over my life it does appear as though I married a cow, lived with a moose, been out with at least 5 dogs and spent a lot of time being chased by whales.

got about 8 inches now just north of york whoop whoop snowman looking good got him to about 6ft

‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing’

I want to build a massive snow in the local park

Mat, you crazy thing! 4 miles with no busses or tubes is hardcore stuff. I got a phone call from my boss at 9am saying I might as well WFH as nobody's going to get in.

Where I live I have to get a bus to the tube so unless I were to have done a Mat, there wasn't any other way to get in! Hope you're not stranded at work though Mat.

Now, I have Michael McIntyre on DVD to watch... and my Mac is fixed... I've got as far as I can get on the project I'm working on, so can't really do any more anyway. How's that for WFH? The alternative is to play some poker... I haven't seen a green poker table in about a month.

Please take a look at:
    My Photostream on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Mat, you crazy thing! 4 miles with no busses or tubes is hardcore stuff.
    No it's not you massive lightweight! It's an hour's walk, just over in this weather. I have twinged my groin slightly though as I kept losing my footing slightly.

Hope you're not stranded at work though Mat.
    I won't be. If I have to hike back through the snow in a few hours I'll do it.

The alternative is to play some poker... I haven't seen a green poker table in about a month.
    Do it! You're being paid to play poker. Even if you lose you haven't really lost as you're doing it on the clock.

True, true, I am being paid to sit on my backside and chip away! Oh, the joy! :D My mac is super-fast again, I love it, and everything works, wow I wish it could snow EVERY day...

Please take a look at:
    My Photostream on Flickr

I made it in to the office, but no one else did. Sat here on me todd, forumising :D

First time I've ever known the whole of London'd bus fleet to be immobilised by the weather. They didn't even bother gritting most of the roads in London it would seem.

The Vegster!

Winner of Ada's Eurovision Game 2014

Well, I thought I'd be clever and stay in a hotel overnight to make sure that I could travel up to Gateshead on the first train out of Manchester...

...and it serves me bloody well right!!! Things weren't going too badly - we got to York just half an hour late...then we managed about 15 yards before the Warning Horn iced up! Apparently the law states that you cannot travel at more than 20mph if your horn don't work (aw...I can't be bothered - make up your own jokes)...

...About an hour later, we make an unscheduled stop at Thirsk station to clear the ice away and we're off again - now running over an hour behind...

...Transpennine Express apologise for the inconvenience in chucking you off the train at Darlington so that you can find your own way to Newcastle...erm...is my seat reservation still valid? Doesn't really matter - I'll be in Newcastle before I make my way through the hordes anyway!!

Finally arrive at my destination just 2 and a quarter hours late - not bad considering...

If I hadn't booked a hotel...

Wake up 05:00 - look outside - go back to bed cos there ain't no way they're gonna run a bus up that hill!!! Oh well - live and learn!

Are we the only country in the world that when it snows the underground stops?

We are probably the only country in the world that has an underground that spends half of its time at ground level. I used to get the Tube from Hayes every day into London and over 70% of the journey was above ground.

I've never understood the attraction of bestiality but looking back over my life it does appear as though I married a cow, lived with a moose, been out with at least 5 dogs and spent a lot of time being chased by whales.

Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez

Left Liverpool at 5:30pm.......snowing.......got pulled by the police .....they pulled alongside (obviously counldn't be getting out in the snow)....and said "Carry on mate, we're looking for someone else"......Don't I look shifty enough?

Snowing heavy now, and I live up in the mountains, 20 miles from home on the A55 could only do 30mph in the blizard....then the FOG hit ...what road?

In the end we got to Denbigh, only 3 miles to go....steep hills, cars all over the place, and we got stuck on the last hill with 900yds to go :splapme .....after 20 mins managed to crawl up (with the wife pushing ) ....took in all 1hr doing 3 miles

Back home at 8:20pm

You ran SO far away from Liverpool eh... bugger you all, I'm off!

Please take a look at:
    My Photostream on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    ... bugger you all, I'm off!
    Wonder what the funny smell in the forum was.....

Have you noticed how many people in this country complain about the councils be unprepared etc? How many folk who drive in this weather have drinks, food, sleeping bags, shovel, and snow chains in the vehicle? Well apart from me, but not the snow chains, I'll have them tomorrow. I'm used to a 4x4, but have a 2 wheel drive now, although the ESP handled the conditions very well with very little skidding/sliding.

I just got done by the last 1/4 hill with polished ice! Although got up it in the end once I'd figured out the gear/ESP/clutch/Revs combination....albeit at about 3500RPM doing 1mph ....great mpg :D

No Keith, I think it does in England as well! :)

Champions League, we're 'aving a laugh, Champions League, we're 'aving a laugh!

Quote Originally Posted by jonahjones View Post
    No Keith, I think it does in England as well! :)
    Instructions:
    Kiss Here >>>>

Instructions:
    Kick Here >>>>

I have too much respect for you boss! :)

Champions League, we're 'aving a laugh, Champions League, we're 'aving a laugh!

My underground didn't stop.:D

It's hard to have a battle of wits when your opponent is unarmed.

Thread Information