Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.

Thread: F.A.O Iron Chris

lowe1 is offline Win2Win Racing Club Member

F.A.O Iron Chris

How do you think you will do in the race for that final playoff position mate , its between you and us and i can see it going to the last game of the season.

Will be travelling upto to scunthorpe that day for the game any recomendations for a good pint

Quote Originally Posted by lowe1 View Post
    How do you think you will do in the race for that final playoff position mate , its between you and us and i can see it going to the last game of the season.

Will be travelling upto to scunthorpe that day for the game any recomendations for a good pint
    test

Think you're being a bit optimistic there Tony. A good win today by all accounts, but Scunny have got the games in hand and that should see them comfortably into the play offs!

The Vegster!

Winner of Ada's Eurovision Game 2014

Hi Lowe, I think Monday is a big day for us away at Hartlepool and you at home to Hereford. Another defeat for us and we are under pressure in those games in hand.

Haven't been to as many games this season with James playing on a Saturday but my brother still goes all the time. We changed things about against Huddersfield but for the second time this season we didn't compete with them apparantly and deserved to lose.

Was it a hangover from Wembley? I don't know but we need to bounce back quickly before it is too late. Even the following Saturday when you are at Leeds we have got MK Dons at home which will be another massive game.

James has finished his season now so we intend to go to the MK Dons & Tranmere matches, will be big games.

I wouldn't be surprised to see it come down to winner takes all in the last game...

With regards to drinking you are as well just parking up at the ground and going to The Farmhouse or Frankie & Bennys just near the ground, there never seems to be any trouble at either place or just walk back up the road to the Berkeley.

“One hundred years from now, it will not matter what my bank account was, how big my house was, or what kind of car I drove. But the world may be a little better, because I was important in the life of a child.”

-Forest Witcraft

A very nice pub (and usually pretty bare) is the Big Steak Pub... which one is that Chrissy boy?

Can't beat a steak and ale pie and a pint before the match :D

The Vegster!

Quote Originally Posted by vegyjones View Post
    Think you're being a bit optimistic there Tony. A good win today by all accounts, but Scunny have got the games in hand and that should see them comfortably into the play offs!
    Yes vegy they do have games in hand but they also have to play Leicester away and mk dons at home both games will be very hard that could be a possible 6 points lost , i cannot see scunny winning both games for sure.

Where the only really testing game we have is leeds away which on current form we can come away with a point at least.

our home form is outstanding and we have the 3rd best defence in the league so i think we should beat hereford and yeovil.

if all the abouve happens we could be 3 points ahead going into the last game of the season , if we had a proven goal scorer up fornt this season we would and could of been fightting for promotion IMO

Tranmere
    H - Hereford - Win
    A - Leeds - Lose/Draw
    H - Yeovil - Win
    A - Scunny - Win

Scunthorpe
    A - Hartlepool - Draw
    H - MK Dons - Lose
    A - Northampton - Win
    A - Leicester - Lose
    H - Cheltenham - Win
    H -Tranmere - Lose

Heres Hoping :)

looks like its down to the final game then chris

scunny v tranmere , we have 1600 tickets and sold 800 already so should be a good day

Good Luck Lowe...

Our result on Tuesday will decide which team needs to WIN on Saturday to make it through...

“One hundred years from now, it will not matter what my bank account was, how big my house was, or what kind of car I drove. But the world may be a little better, because I was important in the life of a child.”

-Forest Witcraft

A good shout in the beginnning. Bit of a blip for Tranmere today! But Scunny have been far from convincing of late too!

Talk about tense. In a weird sort of way, I'm glad we've nothing to play for :D

The Vegster!

Ready for Saturday now......just hope we don't go too negative and get caught out...

-Forest Witcraft

sorry to hear about your captain , broken leg just at the wrong time

i waited 1 hr to get my ticket at 9am yesterday morning and finally reached ticket office with only 7 tickets left :D we have sold out of 1600 tickets and the club asked for 500 more but Scunthorpe were a bit worried so declined :D

Should be a cracking day

Indded, there will some tense supporters up and down the country on Saturday with promotion from League 2 still yet to be decided as well as both promotion and relegation in League 1.

Then on Sunday on of Norwich or barnsley are facing relegation and a 3 way fight for the final promotion spot. And as Presto has pointed out, a battle for Preston to snatch a play-off place.

Even if your team isn't involved in anything, if you can't get excited about weekends like this, then you need your head testing :D

The Vegster!

And Chester can save themselves if they win and we lose, and they overturn a 20-goal deficit. Should be interesting

I bet you still get a bit twitchy if you let in a first minute goal! :D

The Vegster!

well done chris

3 mins to go and you score :splapme:splapme lost my voice due to all the singing , had a cracking day out , we got of train and ended up in a pub called the honest laywer

all the best for the playoffs

unlucky Tony.

The report on 5 live said that you probably deserved to be in the play-offs.

But well done to Scunny, hope Chris enjoyed his day!

The Vegster!

Thanks Lowe & vegy...

Quite a few of the regular fans drink in the Lawyer and they had a Flag day there last night to celebrate the end of the season, pictures are on Iron-Bru website.

Not sure about Tranmere deserving to be in the play-offs though......they were the better team in the first half but didn't have many chances, though Lillis did make a brillaint save just before half-time. In the second half though we had all the play and plenty of efforts but it just didn't look like it was going to be our day until......:)..... I think the stats show that we ended up with 56% posession and about 19 shots to 5 which deos tell its own story when we weren't really in the game for 45 minutes!!

Will still have to play a lot better to progress in the play-offs and the injuries keep mounting up with three more again yesterday...

-Forest Witcraft

the away end just before kick off

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ymBj...e=channel_page

look out for the guy in the brown polo shirt walking with baloons in his hands thats me :D:D

Well done Chris

Was a cracking game thought millwall had won it but some brilliant goals by both teams

Thanks Tony......What a massive game to win for us with the teams in the respective leagues next season.

-Forest Witcraft

Well done Christopher and to all your fellow Scunthorpions! :D

Especially keeping Millwall down! Extra Nice!

The Vegster!

Thread Information