Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Champions League Semi-Finals - Second Legs

An absolute screamer from Michael Essien gives Chelsea an early lead over Barcelona at Stamford Bridge.

Champions League, we're 'aving a laugh, Champions League, we're 'aving a laugh!

Now that was a flippin penalty for Chelski!

FREE Live Odds Comparison Software

Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Filipino UK Filipino Forum | Win2Win Racing - Free Tips

Do Chelsea deserve this lead?? Can you see Barca coming back at all????

"Listen to me. I can just about handle you, driving like a pissed-up crackhead and treating women like beanbags, but I’m going to say this once and once only, Gene: stay out of Camberwick Green!"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_cIbBTkn70&feature=related

Has the goal really made any difference? If Barcelona equalise they go through, right? So in those terms Barcelona still need the one goal they needed at the start of the match

If Drogba wasn't well known for falling over with every breeze, he'd probably have had 3 penalties by now!

Eric Abidal is sent-off for Barcelona after sixty five minutes.

havent seen all the match but that sending off was even worse than last nights in my opinion.

¦19¦ YEARS ¦34¦ YEARS SUBJECT TO CHANGE :(

G L A Z E R O U T !

"Listen to me. I can just about handle you, driving like a pissed-up crackhead and treating women like beanbags, but I’m going to say this once and once only, Gene: stay out of Camberwick Green!"

Andres Iniesta scores for Barcelona in the third minute of injury-time with their first effort on target.

How much did Platini pay the referee to avoid another all-English Champions League Final?

Some scandalous decisions.

like i said i havent seen all the match, but that one in injury time wasnt a penalty, as for the rest i dont know, seems like chelsea are not happy.

G L A Z E R O U T !

Quote Originally Posted by peza2605 View Post
    but that one in injury time wasnt a penalty
    I think it was a penalty Pez. He lifted his hand above his head to block the ball and the ball hit it.

Quote Originally Posted by mathare View Post
    Has the goal really made any difference? If Barcelona equalise they go through, right? So in those terms Barcelona still need the one goal they needed at the start of the match
    Told ya :)

And my bet on Barca for the Champs League rolls on still - phew!!

Quote Originally Posted by jonahjones View Post
    I think it was a penalty Pez. He lifted his hand above his head to block the ball and the ball hit it.
    it looked to me like it hit his back, but then again ive had a few.

G L A Z E R O U T !

Chelsea robbed(thankfully). I think United have a better chance against Barcelona. Is it just me or have a lot of big matches this season revolve around dodgy refs?

gutted, bomb norway thats what i say , to miss one stonewall penalty maybe forgivable but two and two more claims that we have all seen given at times don't worry eufa the rev did you proud and youve got the money spinning final you wanted.

I have an impressive bank of knowledge and experience. Unfortunately, I've lost the combination to this bank.

it looked to me like it hit his back, but then again ive had a few.
    i haven't yet but i'm starting now :D

I have an impressive bank of knowledge and experience. Unfortunately, I've lost the combination to this bank.

This is why I gave up betting on football 2 years ago, many matches decided by Team FA/EUFA rather than the teams themselves, and it has now got much worse.

The match last night was a complete farce, I've seen the local under 8's Sunday games refereed better than that.

The two big winners were UEFA & the bookies.

We are getting to the stage that the teams may as well stay at home and the ref will decide the result :splapme

i wish mourinho was still chelsea manager, can you imagine the reaction ?? i honestly think the pique handball was the only cast iron penalty though.

G L A Z E R O U T !

Ooh, just read on the BBC that Man Utd could appeal Fletcher's dismissal according to the UEFA general secretary

Ooh, just read on the BBC that Man Utd could appeal Fletcher's dismissal according to the UEFA general secretary
    On past evidence the appeal date should be set for August then! :splapme

I've just read that Mat although the end of the story shouldn't get too many hopes up;

Taylor has offered United a sliver of hope that Fletcher, 25, could turn out against Barcelona on 27 May, although he admitted the likelihood was that the decision would stand.

"I must stress there is normally no way these matters can be overturned," he warned.

Which basically means that even if we see that he got the ball, we won't change our minds because we don't want to. They are just a bunch of suits who can't relate to ordinary fans, in no other sport in a major final would this happen if a player was not guilty of an offence. Democracy my . UEFA preach endlessly about fair play.... where is UEFA's fair play in putting things right.God I would love to have an argument with one of those running them...

Did anyone see Lovejoy on the 606 interactive last night...he was absolutely gutted??

Quote Originally Posted by scoobydoo View Post
    Did anyone see Lovejoy on the 606 interactive last night...he was absolutely gutted??
    I hate Self-Lovejoy, he's disappearing up his own His attitude towards lower league football, for example, is shocking for someone who is a self-declared authority on football.

I hate Self-Lovejoy, he's disappearing up his own His attitude towards lower league football, for example, is shocking for someone who is a self-declared authority on football.
    He was being pretty biased last night, understandably gutted but he got a mouthful from a chap from Wales, calling him arrogant about 4 times I think...you would have liked the call!

havent seen all the match but that sending off was even worse than last nights in my opinion.
    Just watched the highlights pez and I agree it was as bad as Fletchers. I think it could be bad news for him as if he gets off, there is no doubt they will want Abidal's rescinded as well.
    I also agree that there was only one clear cut pen I saw, Pique's handball....and I really cant see why it wasn't given??? Drogba was falling all over the place so it is difficult to give him them sometimes, though I admit the defender did grab a bit of his shirt so technically it could've been given. The Malouda one seemed outside to me at first and wasn't totally sure about the handball at the end.

The thing that looks worse for UEFA, apart from an incompetent ref, was that we know Platini doesnt/didn't want 2 English teams in the final. When something like this happens with so many appeals going ignored, it makes people think something dodgy has gone on even though I dont reckon that happened in this case. But Chelsea can feel pretty aggrieved I reckon.

Thread Information