Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.

Thread: Confused...

Confused...

Just booted up the computer and for some reason I cannot get any web pages to load in Mozilla. My AOL browser is fine and I've tried IE and Avant and they are all fine and all web pages are loading. Mozilla I'm just getting the

Failed to Connect

The connection was refused when attempting to contact www.betfair.com.

Though the site seems valid, the browser was unable to establish a connection.

* Could the site be temporarily unavailable? Try again later.

* Are you unable to browse other sites? Check the computer's network connection.

* Is your computer or network protected by a firewall or proxy? Incorrect settings can interfere with Web browsing.

As if I am not online. I am getting this on all sites I try. All was fine last night when I shut down as I was using Mozilla then. Reset my internet connection but still the same. Haven't as yet rebooted.

Any ideas?

"I put a skylight in my apartment...... the people upstairs are furious." - Stephen Wright

My Website : http://www.mrmrsportssystems.co.uk
    Now offering three subscription based betting systems and daily free bets.
    Free bets 34.7pts up in October

My Mozilla seems to have frequent bouts of non-workiness!

Usually just after a Windows update

I dunno what's wrong with it though! I assume it is a Firewall issue but I'm not technical enough to fix it!

The Vegster!

Winner of Ada's Eurovision Game 2014

Thanks Vegy. I may just try a reinstall in a bit, but just wanted to see if anyone had any ideas as to why just that browser isn't working. The only new thing I did last night was download Realplayer but I was using mozilla long after I'd installed that. Some setting changed somewhere I guess! A new install may well clear it.

"I put a skylight in my apartment...... the people upstairs are furious." - Stephen Wright

Switch you firewall off and try and access it. Remember to switch it back on :)

If that isn't the problem, update the browser, or Repair it.

FREE Live Odds Comparison Software

Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Filipino UK Filipino Forum | Win2Win Racing - Free Tips

Thanks Keith. Tried with the firewall off and still the same, also reinstalled and no change. Checking the mozilla help pages at the moment

Export all your Favs to a safe file, uninstall, then reinstall in another directory.

Ok, all ok now. I removed mozilla from the list of exceptions on windows firewall and added it again from the new install. Rebooted and it now appears to be working. My free norton antivirus that I got when I got this computer had run out a couple of days ago so whether that had any bearing on it with regards to firewalls etc I don't know. Anyway it's now working that's the main thing!

Thanks Keith

AV has no effect on the firewall, and you shouldn't be using the Windows one

This one is the most highly rated this year http://free.agnitum.com/ , I use the paid version as it covers 3 PC's.

For free AV just use AVG

....and make sure you have Spyware Doctor installed, free in the Google Pack.

Thanks I'll take a look at that agnitum one. I usually use AVG, just got the norton one thrown in with the computer so took advantage of the free year.

Thread Information