Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: South Pacific and others

Quote Originally Posted by MattR View Post
    John, not a wildlife show but in similar vein, did you see the Bruce Parry Amazon series, shown hmm was it earlier this year or late last year, can't remember now but that was an excellent series. He followed the route of the Amazon from Chile down to Brazil meeting different tribes and people.
    I watched that, as well ashis previous "Tribes" series, both were brilliant

My keyboard's running out of ink....

I missed Tribes, was looking at that on amazon (no pun intended) last night actually and nearly bought it. Will get it at some stage unless it appears on tv somewhere in the mean time.

"I put a skylight in my apartment...... the people upstairs are furious." - Stephen Wright

My Website : http://www.mrmrsportssystems.co.uk
    Now offering three subscription based betting systems and daily free bets.
    Free bets 34.7pts up in October

John, saw this advertised during the credits of Life last night.........

BBC - Wildlife Finder - David Attenborough's favourite moments

"I put a skylight in my apartment...... the people upstairs are furious." - Stephen Wright

Wow! Thanks Matt, that's great. Looks to be lots and lots of videos to get my teeth into. Bookermarked. :D

Watched very little of my Planet Earth and Blue Planet DVDs so far (lack of time) but what I have seen has been truly amazing.

Please take a look at:
    My Photostream on Flickr

lowe1 is offline Win2Win Racing Club Member

If anybody is thinking of buying planet earth then today is the day

Waterstones have a deal of the day and today you can buy the boxed set of planet earth for £8.99 :D:D

http://www.waterstones.com/waterston...eday&auid=1005

Debenhams luggage, IRIS, Waterstones, TV Catchup... is there anything you don't know about on the internet, Tony? :D

Please take a look at:
    My Photostream on Flickr

lowe1 is offline Win2Win Racing Club Member

Knowledge is the bomb :D:D

There seems to be much interest in wildlife programmes on tv, I never miss one myself. As it 'appens, me an 'er who must be obeyed have just come back from a safari holiday in Kenya last month(our second) and I think I have some very good "snaps" which might be of interest. Problem is I am a complete idiot when it comes to computing and I have no idea how to attach a photograph to an E-mail thingy like this.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks.

You need to select manage attachments, which is underneath the submit reply when you are writing a message tov. Once you select that, it will open another window and you'll see quite a few browse buttons on the right. You need to select a browse button and from there find the particular photo you want to display in the folder on your PC. Once you have done this for all of your photos using the browse buttons, then you need to click on upload, which is opposite the last browse button. You should then be able to write your message and when you click on submit, your photos should be attached. Hope this helps but if I have missed something, I'm sure someone will put me right. :)

"Listen to me. I can just about handle you, driving like a pissed-up crackhead and treating women like beanbags, but I’m going to say this once and once only, Gene: stay out of Camberwick Green!"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_cIbBTkn70&feature=related

Thanks for the quick reply Scooby but can't find a MANAGE ATTACHMENTS button thing under the submit reply bit. All Ive got is a Post Quick Reply button and Go Advanced thingy unless it's right under my nose and I can't see it. On the top bar I have a little square box which says INSERT IMAGE. Does that mean anything?

If you've clicked on Edit, then click Go Advanced, scroll down a bit & you should see the Manage Attachments button.......then follow Scooby's instructions.

If you are using Post Reply.......then the Manage Attachments should be on the same page........just scroll down a bit.

Right lads, got it, I think. I'll try one photo and see if it works. It's one I really Like and I've got on my desktop background and full size it' s impressive.

Attached Images Attached Images

Magic, it works. The photo was taken at ground level, in fact I was in a hole in the ground.
    From the safari game lodge main building you go down a spiral staircase and along a tunnel until you come to a little room (you'll see it in a later picture) with barred windows where you get an excellent view for photography. Didn't want you to think I was playing Jungle Jim walking round the bondoo snapping at anything that moved.

It's a brilliant picture Tov, but at a size of 1.13 MB it is a bit big in size for posting on forums.

Ideally it needs compressing in size (byte wise)

You've already said you're not a computer buff (nor am I for that matter :D) but if you can reduce it a bit, that would be good, but if not I've reduced your photo to a more acceptable size & with your permission I can (I think) replace your one with something a little smaller.

If that's OK just say the word.......if not just tell me where to go.

The scenery looks incredible, I can see why you went back!

Must be something special to go there, one to add to the list of things before I die I think

The Vegster!

Winner of Ada's Eurovision Game 2014

I've been to Kenya on safari and it amazing! You're a lucky thing Tov, I'd love to go back

Quote Originally Posted by tovarich View Post
    From the safari game lodge main building you go down a spiral staircase and along a tunnel until you come to a little room (you'll see it in a later picture) with barred windows where you get an excellent view for photography.
    Where was this, out of interest? We stayed at The Ark which had a few 'hides' like that that were excellent for photography. We stayed up all night (with the help of a few Tuskers!) in one of the hides to watch everything at night too

Brilliant shot, Tov. Keep chatting safari. I'm inspired to go in a few years' time.

Please take a look at:
    My Photostream on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Ada View Post
    It's a brilliant picture Tov, but at a size of 1.13 MB it is a bit big in size for posting on forums.

Ideally it needs compressing in size (byte wise)

You've already said you're not a computer buff (nor am I for that matter :D) but if you can reduce it a bit, that would be good, but if not I've reduced your photo to a more acceptable size & with your permission I can (I think) replace your one with something a little smaller.

If that's OK just say the word.......if not just tell me where to go.
    You're welcome to do what's necessary, Ada, and then you can maybe tell me how to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by mathare View Post
    Where was this, out of interest? We stayed at The Ark which had a few 'hides' like that that were excellent for photography. We stayed up all night (with the help of a few Tuskers!) in one of the hides to watch everything at night too
    That photo was taken at SALT LICK Lodge in Taita Hills Game Reserve. It's the lodge where the rooms are on sticks - like lollipops and you look down on the animals which is good but not so much at 3.00 a.m.when the elephants are trumpeting and you have to get up at 5.30 a.m. to go on a drive.

I was probably too excited at first to think about opening the window to start taking photos.

That looks awesome Tov - thanks for those

Still trying to resize my pictures, see if it works this time.

These are a couple of local hardmen (The Krays?)

I give up.

Tovarich,

I've compressed the photos you've posted from 1.5 MB to around 70KB.....hopefully you'll be OK with this.
    If you disagree I will restore the originals as soon as you say....ASAP.

Try this site to download a program for re-sizing your brilliant photos:

http://bluefive.pair.com/pixresizer.htm

I use it, it's easy.....& if I can say that then believe me it IS.

It's free, and safe to download and install/run.

Give it a go......it'll compress your 1MB+ pics to around 70KB (or thereabouts) & not compromise viewing quality......honest.
    Any probs, just shout.

Thanks Ada, i'll give it a try later, when I get a chance.

P9120223.JPG

Attachment 4579

Attachment 4580

Attachment 4581

P9120227.JPG

P9140275.JPG

My thanks to those who took time to help with their advice on managing attachments. If I don't get it right this time I definitely will give up.

Doesn't seem to have worked, does it? Still too big I think. My son-in-law, who has a degree in IT (Christchurch, NZ) compressed the photos for me, all I had to do was transfer them over. They seem small enough on my PC but they increase in size as soon as I move them over to the forum. Must be an answer.

I don't know if anyone has been watching LIFE on a Monday evening, but the one on Monday just gone (14 dec) was brilliant. It was all about primates; they filmed gorillas, orangutans and chimpanzees, and described how the monkeys had learned to use rocks to crack open nuts. Then they filmed the chimps in Indonesia I think it was, and how they shared tools to get into their food and eat it. Such generosity was obvious between the male and female chimpanzees. It was just amazing to watch, don't know if anyone saw it?

Please take a look at:
    My Photostream on Flickr

Yes I've been watching it John. Excellent as always. The BBC really do make superb nature programmes and David Attenborough's narration is excellent of course.

I was looking forward to this Primates episode in particular. I love to see anything on Orang Utan's especially. I'm convinced they're a superior being and are on one big wind up You're right though John it was remarkable watching the use of tools and the sharing of that rock was one of the most amazing things I've ever seen on tv. Surely to see these primates in various stages of evolution is irrefutable proof of our own evolutionary path.

Nice one Matt, I'm going to watch it again on BBC iPlayer this weekend because it's just so damn good. Awesome television like you say. I just never thought animals could have the mental capability to show affection/generosity to each other like that. When I think of animals "living together" in the same environment the first thing that comes to mind is survival of the fittest and I don't think the chimpanzees and orangutans are like that at all, they don't seem the least bit argumentative.

I haven't seen all of the Life series though Matt; the last one I saw before Primates was Birds and so I think I missed Insects and possibly two in-between?

Noone does it better than the BBC, as we keep saying. The thorough research into our world and various species for these programmes is just incredible.

And yes I absolutely agree with you on your last point, particularly as we are 98.4% genetically similar to a chimpanzee. We're closer to a chimpanzee than a chimpanzee is to a monkey. Pretty astonishing stuff when you think about it! I'm guessing your quite a Darwin fan when it comes to evolutionary debates and "how we got here..." ?

Please take a look at:
    My Photostream on Flickr

Thread Information