Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.

Thread: England Under 21's....

Thumbs up England Under 21's....

beat Spain 2-0 and are in the semi-finals after a last group game against Germany to come. & the weird thing was, they didnt look outclassed, seem technically inferior..in fact they deserved it! So what I want to know is...are all the Spanish players playing for the full side? :)

"Listen to me. I can just about handle you, driving like a pissed-up crackhead and treating women like beanbags, but I’m going to say this once and once only, Gene: stay out of Camberwick Green!"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_cIbBTkn70&feature=related

I didnt see it tonight, was it a good game? they didnt look that great the other day against finland.

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote Originally Posted by scoobydoo View Post
    So what I want to know is...are all the Spanish players playing for the full side? :)
    :D

Thought England played very well indeed against a strong Spanish side who have not now scored in either of their two games!

Bojan, Javier Martinez, Raul Garcia, Nacho Monreal and Diego Capel, to name but a few, have bags of first-team experience.

And we missed a penalty!

Walcott's contribution to the second goal was quality.

Champions League, we're 'aving a laugh, Champions League, we're 'aving a laugh!

Are we still playing a goalie up front to give the others a chance?

The Vegster!

Winner of Ada's Eurovision Game 2014

Quote Originally Posted by jonahjones View Post
    :D

Walcott's contribution to the second goal was quality.
    Yes his speed was too much for Spain and Pearce got it exactly right. Thought Cattermole and Millner were very good as well, Millner looks good enough to step up I think.

"Listen to me. I can just about handle you, driving like a pissed-up crackhead and treating women like beanbags, but I’m going to say this once and once only, Gene: stay out of Camberwick Green!"

I think Milner's a really good player with and generally a good crosser of a ball. I still don't quite see what Agbonlahor's got though apart from pace. In that vein having seen him play quite a bit for Barcelona I don't think Bojan is as good as he is supposed to be either.

"I put a skylight in my apartment...... the people upstairs are furious." - Stephen Wright

My Website : http://www.mrmrsportssystems.co.uk
    Now offering three subscription based betting systems and daily free bets.
    Free bets 34.7pts up in October

Didn't see the game. :(

Milner has looked impressive from what I've seen of him so far.

Walcott looked very strong against Andorra. Okay, I know it was Andorra, and I know we won 6-0 and everything... but you've got to give the lad credit, haven't you? :)

Please take a look at:
    My Photostream on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by MattR View Post
    I think Milner's a really good player with and generally a good crosser of a ball. I still don't quite see what Agbonlahor's got though apart from pace. In that vein having seen him play quite a bit for Barcelona I don't think Bojan is as good as he is supposed to be either.
    Millner is a class player, good job he got away from the Toon. :D I am not sure about Bojan either...jury is out for me. Agbonlahor was getting booed from Villa fans wasn't he at the end of last season? He certainly didn't look same player as at the start of 08/09 season.

The thing that has always got me about our U21 teams is when you look at the players playing tonight, how many could you see playing for England in the coming years? Micah Richards, Gibbs, Millner, Walcott obviously...help me out here??? :) Maybe it has always been like this hasn't it?

Actually I think it probably has always been like that. I guess those that really shine like Rooney etc kind of bypass the U21 or play a few games then move up. Milner's certainly done his probation - what is it 44 caps now? I don't think there are many others that you've missed that are likely to get into the full team. When you look at them who do you have? Cranie can't even get in our team, Noble is ok but no more than that, Muamba, don't think so, Wenger let him go for a good reason. Cattermole is ok but can be very reckless with his tackling and I don't know how he hasn't badly injured someone yet. Campbell? Don't really think so. Hart? Possibly but he needs to move to play as he won't dislodge Given any time soon.

"I put a skylight in my apartment...... the people upstairs are furious." - Stephen Wright

England and Stuart Pearce in penalty shoot-out winning shocker!!!

England did their best to throw it away after blowing a 3-0 lead and then having a man sent-off in extra-time.

However, progression comes at a price with Gabby Agbonlahor, Fraizer Campbell and Joe Hart all suspended for the final which will be against either Germany or Italy.

Joe Hart was asking for that. What a stupid way to miss a final :splapme Missed the first half, how were we 3-0 up? On the second half display I can't think how!

Typical England really, they were pants in the 2nd half. You sometimes wonder how Walcott gets all the hype on tonights performance. I don't think we have an out and out striker now do we....shame Hart can't play as he could've gone up front! :)

I wonder if all the hype goes to their head. Micah Richards is another one who looks a shadow of the player he looked destined to be and Walcott for all his brilliance against Croatia (and that was the best part of a year ago now!) has still never played consistently well and often goes missing. In many ways a typical winger I suppose. If he doesn't get the better of his full back then he's fairly innocuous.

A humiliating 4-0 defeat in the final against Germany of all countries. :(

Quote Originally Posted by jonahjones View Post
    A humiliating 4-0 defeat in the final against Germany of all countries. :(
    Yeah I expected them to get beat tonight after all the suspensions in the semis...shocked it was 4-0 though.

NIce to know that the young England players are ready to move seamlessly into the full team and continue our tournament traditions! I wonder whether Pearce thinks back on the group game now and whether had we played a full team we could have put Germany out?

Thread Information