Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.

Thread: A Race to Follow!

A Race to Follow!

Yarmouth

Mon July 20th 09

, interesting little race this – there are three runners entered who I have recently noted as of being on winning handicap marks and here they are in a maiden:

Espero(Ire) 82
    Brown Bomber 75
    Missophisticat 72

To add a little spice though there is a former Khalid Abdullah inmate who has been racing in France and now having her UK debut for new connections:

Red Oriental 87

If this were a handicap, she would be giving weight all round, as it is she is in receipt from the main protagonists (the first two mentioned) – I’m quite tempted to do a reverse forecast with Espero but whatever the result I've got a feeling this race could throw a couple of winners in the future.

PS: GS can now be followed on Twitter as @themastarata

9f gd/st Yarmouth

Besides the fast finishing 100/1 4th, Ela Gorrie Mou [From the same stable as Friday’s 10 length Nottingham winner, Rafta, who is set to come out under a penalty any time Weds/Thurs/Fri, will be interesting!] who probably ran some way above her lowly 47 rating, I can’t see the handicapper having too much to do about this race.

That should leave the winner, Bomber Brown, on a reasonable mark for a step up to handicap company and so too, should secure the 2nd, Starkat (who has just showed her best piece of form here after being tried over a variety of trips and ground) a favourable rating.

I get the impression that the third, Mt Kyntyre (whose placing provides a handy benchmark) may well have been suited by this trip if the going had been on the firmer side of good.

If the fifth, Miss Sophisticat, or the sixth, Espero, should just happen to turn out next in an 8f handicap (or maiden) on ‘gd ground – I could be interested……

Yarmouth form ???????????

‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing’

Quote Originally Posted by Street cry View Post
    Er, not quite, it says up there, that before this race I had 3 of the eventual first 6 as noted for being on winning handicap marks. Besides the 4th horse & I'll confirm next Weds but I doubt they will be changing much. Talking of the 4th horse, I doubt it would matter what track their horses run on, they are in such form, they haven't many in training but Rafta for one is romping up the scale.

But, I just visited the Notebook & it says about Newmarket of late:

"After the big meet in July I noted a couple of winners coming from Yarmouth."

I know what you're saying though, tis a bit of a donkey track!

First little test then - Ela Gorrie Mou goes at Windsor in the 10f 6.40 today. She earned a crude 63+ from me for the above & a 68 from the racing post ratings which adjusted and while she's still on 47, puts her at the top. I think the extra fulrong will suit. No juicy 100/1 here I'm afraid!

Personally I think we're going to have to upgrade our opinions of 'Yarmouth form,' and can think of a few good reasons of late as to why.

Firstly, I noticed on Saturday in York's Gr2, Kirklees's race a horse called Tazeez, trained by John Gosden - he had won his maiden at Yarmouth and then went on to win two handicaps and a Listed race at Newmarket so that's not bad but

Secondly, over at Ascot on the same day, Clive Brittain had a Listed 2yo winner called Nideeb, going back to his previous run it just happened to be in a Yarmouth maiden and where the Notebook commentator had him down as One to Follow - it also just happens that yesterday, the 5l's second in that race reappeared to win the last race on the Glorious Goodwood card, the 2/1f Lowdown, so that's not bad either but

Thirdly, take a look at the form of yesterday's mile handicap winner, Marajaa, he was 5th in a hot race at Newmarket last time but the time before that, he too was a winner at Yarmouth but

Take a look at a horse called Cwm Rhondda(USA) in the 7.10 @ Leicester today, 3 times a winner over 10f @ Yarmouth this season, trained by Peter Chapple-Hyam which brings us nicely back to our little race and talking of which it was nice to see Royal Destination, trained by Jeremy Nodeda, placed in the first at Goodwood yesterday as I had based the rating of Espero(Ire) (above) around him so that looks solid but

Ela Gorrie Mou is entered up again today in the last at Leicester - this race, remember the other day where she was a non-runner, I said she was top Racing Post Rated? Well she is today too but she is well clear of the next contender, this race is far less competitive than the other & I'm suggesting an EW bet just as long as she turns up.

Well this is a tits up rarity if ever I saw one. After last nights abandonment we're now all set to run from 9lb out of the handicap in the last 5.00pm @ Nottingham and still set to be raised another 9lb for future engagements win lose or draw. From what I can work out that means she has to win today by 3l's to justify that encumberment. Easy innit!

So far, one desperado attempt to get a run in before the revised rating took effect & it all went pear shaped due to bad weather. I think her (Ela Gorrie Mou) best chance would most certainly have been the Leicester race but???

To be honest, I think I have made a mistake with this thread and have something far more interesting happening that I should be working on. We have two runners today though and we'll see how they go.

3.50 Yarmouth - Miss Sophisticat

It's a mile, it's 'gd, she has Ryan Moore on board, I have seen 5-12/1 forecast and anywhere inbetween that could warrant an EW bet.

8.25 Sandown - Bomber Brown
    Have only seen 5/s so far and think that a little short for what he's trying to do in take on his elders but I think has solid place claims.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Street cry View Post
    Nothing wrong with Yarmouth form...Just think Henry Cecil as one example...

There are many more...

PS: Yarmouth form is one of those hidden gems...

The radical of one century is the conservative of the next. The radical invents the views. When he has worn them out the conservative adopts them.

Mark Twain.

[QUOTE=Godspot;506599]

To be honest, I think I have made a mistake with this thread QUOTE]

Sounds about right!

Miss Sophisticat was placed @ 9/2 after opening @ 9/s t'other day.

Bomber Brown finished out of the money 3rd/7

But if you really want to laugh have a look at tomorrow's first race at Lingfield - 2.30

Mt Kyntyre is set to run in a maiden & is all set @ evens if you're lucky!

MIght improve for the step up in trip & may be able to improve his sires pretty dire stats for the AW but I wouldn't bank on it. Not a safe win bet at all, sorry :splapme

Yeh, this thread finally gets a winner! Ela Gorrie Mou went in @ Yarmouth yesterday and the 8/1 should have brought us to a LSP. Shame I was more bothered about racing in Ireland though!

I'm still thinking of picking another race though!

Sorry, I have had to do a couple of weeks slave labour & it has got me behind in my work! Two more winners since last looked:

Bomber Brown is running today 7.20 Kempton and like the Sporting Life (makes their shortlist of three) & Timeform (achieves (wow!) 2nd in their 1,2,3), I can't be any more confident of gaining a place, if we're lucky. I think this the most competitive race ran in by any of these. Life would be a whole lot easier if, oi! Oi! Get on Looby Loo in the first but anyways...

The story so far:

Bomber Brown -

3rd/6 @ 11/4, no good! & upped to 79

Starkat -

Yet to run, interesting?

Mt Kyntyre -

8th/9 @ 5/4f, amazing!

Ela Gorrie Mou -

5th/10 @ 2/1f, a desperate attempt to get a run in before being reassessed!
    1st/13 @ 7/1
    1st/10 @ 7/2j
    & now rated 69

Miss Sophisticat -

2nd/9 @ 9/2
    7th/13 @ 7/1

Espero -

3rd/9 @ 7/2
    2nd/12 @ 8/1
    1st/9 @ 5/6f & now rated lower than to begin with @ 79 ?

I think that's about £14.50 returned for a £1 win on each run costing £10 so £4.50 profit.

Two more losers to add to the stats I'm afraid, Bomber Command & Miss Sophisticat have both been beaten within the last couple of days & both finished just out of the places - today though we have Ela Gorrie Mou running in the last race at Haydock 5.05

She's been the biggest improver so far from our little group and is actually tipped to win today by Timeform and the RP Analysis give her every chance of a hat-trick - I'm a little concerned about Stoute's runner, Entreat, who might just be suited by the return to a mile and her jockey stats read good for the course at 2 from 4 50% but he is on a near 50 ride losing run at present and that maiden win at Folkstone was a very modest affair -

There were 3 last time out winners behind our filly last time, there are none today in opposition & 8.4 on Betfair is a fair price.

H'mm, two weeks offline & I miss all the action - Miss Sophisticat won twice, 14/s & 9/2 & Espero once but can't remember the price.

Be interesting to see how Starkat & Mt Kyntyre get on when they reappear?

Quote Originally Posted by Godspot View Post

I'm still thinking of picking another race though!
    Not quite occurred to me since but last week at Doncaster, was well impressed with the first 4 here:

Race easily fastest on card but while I was rating up noticed all the front four were lightly raced, progressive profile types:

Apr 28th 2012 – st

7:10 - robinsonsofbawtry.com Handicap

1m2½f, Class 3, £8,409.70

1 War Poet 20/1 - XoM PB 110 WW HU off fair pace/Smooth hdwy st 123dys 10s Donc +15 improved Apr 12 pos Ebor if st? - Improving Jun 11 - Lightly raced too! DP = 6-0-16-7-1 (30) DI = 0.88 CD = 0.10

2 King's Warrior 16/1 - fr HOT race > +17 Improved gd hdwy st PB 109 282dys 10s Donc Apr 12 - DP = 6-0-12-6-0 (24) DI = 1.00 CD = 0.25

3 Little Rocky 9/2 - outstaying pedigree here & probably better back at shorter? fr HOT race <10s? Apr 12 - Improved Aug 11 - DP = 4-3-7-0-0 (14) DI = 3.00 CD = 0.79

4 High Jinx (Ire) 9/4f - stayed on well fnl f & has a 14f pedigree? Ger bred 12f+ fav or 2m+ OTF fr HOT race Apr 12 - Fig of meet 4th start 75dys 12gs NewmJ & Improved Aug 11 - DP = 2-0-7-5-2 (16) DI = 0.52 CD = -0.31

12 ran Distances: 1½l, 2½l, ½l

TIME 2m 13.49s (slow by 6.49s)

Jockey: Daniel Tudhope
    Trainer: David O'Meara

And Bolivia(Ger) about to run now, was 6th after making running, see how she gets on, she definitely after some black type?

Not quite occurred to me since but last week at Doncaster, was well impressed with the first 4 here:

Race easily fastest on card but while I was rating up noticed all the front four were lightly raced, progressive profile types:

4 High Jinx (Ire) 9/4f - stayed on well fnl f & has a 14f pedigree? Ger bred 12f+ fav or 2m+ OTF fr HOT race Apr 12 - Fig of meet 4th start 75dys 12gs NewmJ & Improved Aug 11 - DP = 2-0-7-5-2 (16) DI = 0.52 CD = -0.31
    At last a winner! Beginning to think, like John Francome said on C4 today, that the race wasn't working out..

Still struggling to break even so far 1 7/2 from 4 runs so far I think.

I noticed following Keith's systems that my bank goes up and down for a while and then has a spurt upwards, maybe all systems behave the same way! Hmmm up down spurt sounds like sex doen't it

Marcus

I believe in the Mathematics of large numbers or ask you the occasional dumb question

At last a winner! Beginning to think, like John Francome said on C4 today, that the race wasn't working out..

Still struggling to break even so far 1 7/2 from 4 runs so far I think.
    After doing the figs for meet, that High Jinx just bettered the above race, so may not be as bad as thought

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusMel View Post
    I noticed following Keith's systems that my bank goes up and down for a while and then has a spurt upwards, maybe all systems behave the same way! Hmmm up down spurt sounds like sex doen't it
    H'mm, after Little Rocky 5/2 Friday & today's whopper really spurting us upwards - think we're in for a crash in the near future:

3:00 - 53rd John Smith's Cup (Heritage Handicap)
    Full result
    1m2½f, Class 2, £97,035.00
    1 King's Warrior 33/1
    2 Mid Mon Lady 22/1
    3 Media Hype 9/2
    4 Stand To Reason 20/1
    NR: Kirthill (IRE), Prince Of Johanne (IRE)
    18 ran Distances: 4½l, hd, hd
    TIME 2m 8.28s (slow by 0.78s)
    Jockey: Robert Havlin
    Trainer: Peter Chapple-Hyam

Apr 28th 2012 – st

7:10 - robinsonsofbawtry.com Handicap

1m2½f, Class 3, £8,409.70

1 War Poet 20/1 - XoM PB 110 WW HU off fair pace/Smooth hdwy st 123dys 10s Donc +15 improved Apr 12 pos Ebor if st? - Improving Jun 11 - Lightly raced too! DP = 6-0-16-7-1 (30) DI = 0.88 CD = 0.10

2 King's Warrior 16/1 - fr HOT race > +17 Improved gd hdwy st PB 109 282dys 10s Donc Apr 12 - DP = 6-0-12-6-0 (24) DI = 1.00 CD = 0.25

3 Little Rocky 9/2 - outstaying pedigree here & probably better back at shorter? fr HOT race <10s? Apr 12 - Improved Aug 11 - DP = 4-3-7-0-0 (14) DI = 3.00 CD = 0.79

12 ran Distances: 1½l, 2½l, ½l

TIME 2m 13.49s (slow by 6.49s)

Jockey: Daniel Tudhope
    Trainer: David O'Meara

And Bolivia(Ger) about to run now, was 6th after making running, see how she gets on, she definitely after some black type?
    Interesting little race here me thinks: Same CD as above & I seem to make it 2 stone better than TopSpeed of the RP so we'll see what the Official Handicapper makes of it & where they end up in a year or so's time.

5:10 - Unison "Fair Pensions For All" Maiden Stakes (Div II)

1m2½f, Class 5, £2,911.05

1 1 Blazing Speed 12/1 3 9-1 James Fanshawe — — 115/p
    b g Dylan Thomas (IRE) - Leukippids (IRE) (Sadler's Wells)
    Shane Kelly

Took keen hold, led 1f, tracked leader, headway to lead 2f out, joined and ridden entering final furlong, stayed on strongly and soon clear (op 10-1)

2 6 3½ Starfield 20/1 3 9-1 e/s1 John Gosden — — 109
    b g Marju (IRE) - Sister Moonshine (FR) (Piccolo)
    Robert Havlin

Held up in midfield, steady headway 3f out, chased leaders 2f out, challenged approaching final furlong and every chance, soon ridden and one pace (op 16-1)

3 3 3¼ Ustura (USA) 16/1 3 9-1 t Saeed Bin Suroor — — 103/p
    b c Nayef (USA) - Calando (USA) (Storm Cat)
    Ted Durcan

Held up towards rear, headway well over 2f out, ridden over 1f out, stayed on final furlong, nearest finish (op 12-1)

11 ran Distances: 3½l, 3¼l, 4½l

TIME 2m 6.36s (fast by 0.64s)

I'll edit in some more when time allows?

Interesting little race here me thinks: Same CD as above & I seem to make it 2 stone better than TopSpeed of the RP so we'll see what the Official Handicapper makes of it & where they end up in a year or so's time.

5:10 - Unison "Fair Pensions For All" Maiden Stakes (Div II)

1m2½f, Class 5, £2,911.05

1 1 Blazing Speed 12/1 3 9-1 James Fanshawe — — 115/p
    b g Dylan Thomas (IRE) - Leukippids (IRE) (Sadler's Wells)
    Shane Kelly

Took keen hold, led 1f, tracked leader, headway to lead 2f out, joined and ridden entering final furlong, stayed on strongly and soon clear (op 10-1)

2 6 3½ Starfield 20/1 3 9-1 e/s1 John Gosden — — 109
    b g Marju (IRE) - Sister Moonshine (FR) (Piccolo)
    Robert Havlin

Held up in midfield, steady headway 3f out, chased leaders 2f out, challenged approaching final furlong and every chance, soon ridden and one pace (op 16-1)

3 3 3¼ Ustura (USA) 16/1 3 9-1 t Saeed Bin Suroor — — 103/p
    b c Nayef (USA) - Calando (USA) (Storm Cat)
    Ted Durcan

Held up towards rear, headway well over 2f out, ridden over 1f out, stayed on final furlong, nearest finish (op 12-1)

11 ran Distances: 3½l, 3¼l, 4½l

TIME 2m 6.36s (fast by 0.64s)

I'll edit in some more when time allows?
    2 wins - 10/1, 5/2f from 4 runs so far, that's 3 out of 3 profitable races, maybe I should stick to this sort of thing?

Here's one: (I'll include the first seven?)

[Jan15 - Disappointing! Wetherby distances proven all wrong inbetween but 4th or worse 10lb below figs so far, only 3rd upheld form & winner yet to run?]

Wetherby Result

15 Oct 2014
    « 4:35 » RACING UK ANYWHERE NOVICES' HURDLE
    (Class 4) (4yo+) 2m4f Good 11 hdles
    £3,249.00, £954.00, £477.00, £239.00

RESULT RATE RACE

HORSE/SP AGE WGT TRAINER/JOCKEY OR TS RPR RATED

« 1 Fort Worth (IRE) 7/2 5 10-12 Jonjo O'Neill — — — 140/p
    b g Presenting - Victorine (IRE) (Un Desperado)
    Dougie Costello

Held up in rear-division, headway to track leaders 7th, narrow lead 2 out, stayed on strongly run-in, readily (op 5/1)

« 2 3 Arthurs Secret 22/1 4 10-12 John Quinn — — — 136/p
    ch g Sakhee's Secret - Angry Bark (USA) (Woodman)
    James Reveley

In rear, headway approaching 3 out, 3rd when hit last, stayed on to take 2nd near finish (op 16/1)

« 3 ½ Gaelic Myth 7/2 4 10-12 Kim Bailey — — — 136/p
    b g Midnight Legend - Shannon Native (IRE) (Be My Native)
    Jason Maguire

Took keen hold, tracked leaders, 2nd between last 2, kept on, no impression (op 5/1)

« 4 4½ Orby's Man (IRE) 12/1 5 11-5 t Charlie Longsdon — — — 138/p
    b g Arcadio (GER) - Gleann Oisin (IRE) (Le Bavard)
    Noel Fehily

With leader, led approaching 6th, headed 2 out, weakened last 100yds (op 11/1)

« 5 2 Comeback Colin 3/1J 6 10-12 Sue Smith 113 — — 129/p
    b g Beat Hollow - Queen G (USA) (Matty G)
    Ryan Mania

Mid-division, chased leaders 7th, upsides 2 out, one pace (tchd 5/2)

« 6 9 Quick Brew 25/1 6 10-5 ht Maurice Barnes 108 — — 120/p
    b g Denounce - Darjeeling (IRE) (Presenting)
    Stephen Mulqueen7

In rear, headway approaching 6th, effort approaching 3 out, weakened between last 2 (op 16/1)

« 7 13 Cut The Corner (IRE) 3/1J 6 11-5 Dr Richard Newland 110 — — 114/p
    br g Vinnie Roe (IRE) - Snipe Victory (IRE) (Old Vic)
    Sam Twiston-Davies

With leaders, driven 3 out, hung left and weakened before next, eased run-in (op 9/4 tchd 10/3)

9 ran TIME 4m 39.40s (fast by 6.60s) Total SP 112%

1st OWNER: Mrs J Magnier, D Smith & M Tabor BRED: Kenneth Parkhill TRAINER: Jonjo O'Neill
    2nd OWNER: David Scott and Co (Pattern Makers) Ltd
    3rd OWNER: A N Solomons

New course record.

ANALYSIS NOTEBOOK MY RACE NOTES

This contest had a strong look to it, so it should produce plenty of winners during the season, and it saw a second course record on the card.

FORT WORTH won on his only start in bumpers (1m6f, soft ground) and made the perfect transition to hurdling with an eyecatching success. He should hold his own at a higher level and is an interesting prospect.

Arthurs Secret, who won over 1m4f on soft ground earlier this year, is related to a winning hurdler but didn´t jump that fluently early on. However, after getting behind, he made good progress in the final half mile, still jumping moderately, and has something to build on.

Gaelic Myth landed a good-ground Ludlow bumper in April over 2m and made a bright start to hurdling. Always moving nicely, albeit a bit keen at times, he was the winner´s biggest challenger heading to the last before fading a little. Any ordinary novice can be won with him before he is stepped up in class.

Orby´s Man comfortably won on his hurdling debut in a Worcester maiden but wasn´t able to hold off the late challengers here when the dash to the line got started.

Comeback Colin, off since January, was back in novice company after one start in a handicap and ran as though he might come on for the outing. Softer ground may also help.

Quick Brew was far from disgraced just in behind.

Cut The Corner, having his second run for this trainer after starting his career in Ireland, was down 4f in distance but he proved to be a little disappointing. He appeared to want to hang off the final bend. [Dave Toft]

Last edited by Godspot; 27th January 2015 at 04:35. Reason: update 4 month? tidy up

Not often I give a h'cap winner 38lb more than their official rating but with Annacotty & Many Clouds on same card these figures could prove worthy. While the winner is RSA entered the trainer comments seem spot on as he is a stone below the best?

Cheltenham Result
    24 Jan 2015
    « 1:15 » TIMEFORM NOVICES' HANDICAP CHASE
    (Class 2) (5yo+) 2m5f New Soft 17 fences
    £15,640.00, £4,620.00, £2,310.00, £1,155.00, £577.50, £290.00

« 1 Generous Ransom (IRE) 6/1 7 10-11 p Nick Gifford 128 133 141 166/p
    ch g Generous (IRE) - Penneyrose Bay (Karinga Bay)
    Daryl Jacob

In touch, took closer order going well 3 out, led 2 out, 5 lengths clear when mistake last, held on, all out (tchd 13/2)

« 2 nk Astigos (FR) 8/1 8 10-1 Venetia Williams 118 123 128 156/p
    b g Trempolino (USA) - Astonishing (BRZ) (Vacilante)
    Aidan Coleman

Mid-division, ridden after 4 out, good headway approaching 2 out, went 5 lengths 2nd at the last, strong run final 120yds, just failed (op 9/1)

« 3 2 Irish Cavalier (IRE) 14/1 6 11-4 Rebecca Curtis 135 138 143 171
    gr/ro g Aussie Rules (USA) - Tracker (Bustino)
    Tom Scudamore

Tracked leaders, ridden after 3 out, stayed on but not pace to challenge from next, went 3rd final 120yds (op 12/1)

« 4 5 Carole's Destrier 14/1 7 11-12 Neil Mulholland 143 141 148 174
    b g Kayf Tara - Barton May (Midnight Legend)
    Michael Byrne

Tracked leader, led after 3 out, headed when hit next, soon ridden, lost 2nd at the last, faded final 120yds (op 16/1)

« 5 2¼ Perfect Candidate (IRE) 33/1 8 10-8 Fergal O'Brien 132 128 134 160
    b g Winged Love (IRE) - Dansana (IRE) (Insan)
    Miss A E Stirling7

Tracked leaders, ridden along after 12th, one pace from 3 out

« 6 ½ Mosspark (IRE) 8/1 7 10-13 v1 Emma Lavelle 130 125 131 158
    b g Flemensfirth (USA) - Patio Rose (Petoski)
    Gavin Sheehan

Tracked leaders, pushed along from 10th, lost place and held 4 out, stayed on but no chance from 2 out (op 10/1)

« 7 3½ Stellar Notion (IRE) 4/1F 7 11-6 Tom George 137 129 138 161
    b/br g Presenting - Green Star (FR) (Green Tune)
    Paddy Brennan

Led, hit 11th, mistake and stumbled 3 out, soon ridden and headed, weakened between last 2 (op 7/2 tchd 9/2)

Racing Post Analysis:

"Competitive stuff. It was run at a proper gallop yet although the pacesetter paid in the home straight, the hold-up horses found it hard to make up sufficient ground. The third looks a fair guide.

GENEROUS RANSOM cruised through the race and, despite idling after hitting the last, held on to record a second chasing success. He comprehensively reversed last-time-out Kempton form with Stellar Notion on 6lb better terms, proved himself on a left-handed circuit and the application of cheekpieces helped. The 7yo will need to jump better if he´s to prevail at the festival in March, but is entitled to learn again and probable better ground should suit ideally.

Astigos didn´t look obviously well handicapped and isn´t the biggest. However, his trainer has a decent record in the race and he turned in a much-improved display on just his fourth outing over fences. Despite going up for this he´s not certain to get a run at the festival. However, he was closing on the winner all the way up the run-in would be very interesting if he can be placed to go one better before March.

Irish Cavalier kept finding up the run-in and ran another solid race in defeat, shaping as though he´d prefer an even stiffer test. If he could be found a confidence-boosting win over fences on a smaller track, then he could be just the sort for the festival handicap over further on the opening day here in March.

Carole´s Destrier deserves to be upgraded as he´d pulled up last time and travelled powerfully into the home straight before his early exertions told. He too could be one for the Festival Handicap as he stays 3m well.

Perfect Candidate wasn´t at all disgraced off an 8lb higher mark in this hotter company.

Stellar Notion went up 8lb for another ready success when in front of Generous Ransom at Kempton last month. Being pestered up front on this much stiffer track did for his stamina and he made crucial errors late on. Dropping back in trip looks firmly on the cards if he comes back in March. Indeed, the Grand Annual over 2m could suit as he probably remains fairly treated.

[David Orton]

QUOTES The obvious race is the novice handicap (Rewards4Racing Novices´ Handicap Chase) for horses rated up to 140 but Generous Ransom has umpteen options. The RSA is a long shot but he´ll have an entry in all the handicaps. I promise you he will be better on better ground and wouldn´t have thought he´ll go anywhere else before here in March - Nick Gifford, trainer.

As I thought -

@ Donc > If In Doubt won off 139 (albeit quite convincingly) - I gave him 159+, the official h'capper 10lb. So he is 10lb ahead of his new OR

same day

@ Chelt > Generous Ransom won off 128 - I gave him 166+ & the official h'capper 8lb. This leaves him (& all those behind more?) 30lb ahead of new mark.

The 3m h'cap chase on Cheltenham's first day could be interesting?

So I've spent 1/2 hour sorting flickr to get that?

There will be a race to follow when I got more time lol

All these figures besides age & weight are a joke imho:

Anyway, nominating 1st 3 as One to Follow for timebeing: (back for some formatting l8r:)

Punchestown (IRE) Result
    15 Oct 2015

« 2:45 » PANORAMIC RESTAURANT FOR RACEDAY HOSPITALITY HANDICAP HURDLE
    (80-109, 4yo+) 2m Good 9 hdles
    £5,883.72, £1,364.34, £596.90, £341.09
    RESULTRATE RACE
    Hide all comments in runningHide all pedigrees

« 1 Comehere Hi (IRE) 20/1 5 10-9 h J A Nash 99 100 115 120/p
    b m Gamut (IRE) - Dea Vesta (IRE) (Zieten)
    Thomas Doran7

Held up, 11th halfway, took closer order in 7th 3 out, ridden after next and stayed on well under pressure from last to lead in closing stages (op 25/1 tchd 33/1)

« 2 1½ Sizing Scorpion (IRE) 16/1 6 10-3 Henry De Bromhead 86 85 100 106
    b g Scorpion (IRE) - Fair Present (IRE) (Presenting)
    J J Burke

Disputed early and settled behind leaders after 1st, 3rd halfway, ridden in 4th after 2 out and closed under pressure to dispute at last, led narrowly briefly run-in until soon headed and no chance with winner close home (op 20/1)

« 3 ¾ Omega Springs (IRE) 12/1 7 9-13 Liam Casey 82 80 95 101
    b g Great Exhibition (USA) - Leefield Rose (IRE) (Parthian Springs)
    Sean Flanagan

Dismounted before start, in touch, pushed along in 6th after 4 out and closed under pressure on outer from 2 out to lead before last, headed run-in and soon no extra in 3rd closing stages (op 11/1)

15 ran TIME 3m 47.30s (slow by 2.30s) Total SP 126%
    NON RUNNER: Tristram Shandy (IRE)
    1st OWNER: Mrs Jacinta Keogh BRED: Michael Kehoe TRAINER: J A Nash
    2nd OWNER: Ann & Alan Potts Partnership
    3rd OWNER: Liam Casey
    TOTE WIN £25.40 PL £7.40, £5.60, £2.90; Ex £761.90; CSF £306.58; TRICAST £3999.08

ANALYSISNOTEBOOKMY RACE NOTES
    Really poor stuff, even allowing for the 80-109 grade. The favourite was the first beaten. The winner came from a long way back. The gallop was generous throughout.

COMEHERE HI won a moderate maiden hurdle at Kilbeggan last month but her first foray into handicaps at Gowran Park couldn´t have gone any worse. She was a different proposition this time as she jumped better and swooped late down the outside to win going away. This is the way she needs to be ridden and a truly-run 2m suits best.

Sizing Scorpion is no star but this performance suggests that he is worth persevering with. He found plenty for pressure and jumped well so he could pick up a small handicap over 2m4f. He should do better over fences.

Omega Springs stepped up on his previous outings to lead before the last. He wasn´t beaten far and this augurs well for the future.

[David Jennings]

QUOTES Comehere Hi jumped badly at Gowran and never got into a rhythm. She nearly got brought down at the second-last which also exaggerated how far she was beaten. I thought after she won her maiden hurdle that it was a bonus and now she´s after winning two. She did it well today. I´ve no plan and we´ll look for something in a month´s time, maybe a mares´ handicap hurdle. She looks to be improving and you never know with mares when they´ll stop improving. Tom [Doran] gets on with her and gave her a very good ride - James Nash, winning trainer.

Punchestown (IRE) Result
    15 Oct 2015 Times
    TIMES
    RACE WINNER DIST TIME/F COMPARISON
    COMP PER F ALLOW TS
    RPR OFFICIAL
    GROUND T/BASED
    GROUND

2:15 Winter Lion 2m 3m 56.30s
    14.77s +11.30s
    +0.71s 0.10s/f 56
    115 Good Good

2:45 Comehere Hi 2m 3m 47.30s
    14.21s +2.30s
    +0.14s 0.10s/f 100
    115 Good Good

3:20 Jarob 2m4f 4m 55.20s
    14.76s +17.20s
    +0.86s 0.10s/f 39
    143 Good Good

3:55 The Game Changer 2m2f 4m 35.60s
    15.31s +9.60s
    +0.53s 0.10s/f 70
    153 Good Good

4:30 Don Cossack 2m7f 6m 4.20s
    15.83s +26.20s
    +1.14s 0.10s/f 12
    178 Good Good

5:05 Much Wants More 3m1f 6m 50.60s
    16.42s +44.60s
    +1.78s 0.10s/f —
    125 Good Good

5:35 Gunnery Sergeant 2m 3m 43.50s
    13.97s +8.50s
    +0.53s 0.10s/f 70
    113 Good Good

Last edited by Godspot; 20th October 2015 at 08:37. Reason: formatting

w 1 plc 1 lost one so far -

Omega Springs goes again today 3.45 Thurles but me likes The Drunken Doctor too.

Thread Information