Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.

Thread: Just how gullible....

Just how gullible....

Rage in the Machine (or something like that) are 'doing us all a favour' by trying to keep the latest X-factor wannabe star off the number 1 slot...

...and it has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that they'd be lucky to make the top 100 otherwise...

...and they want to stick it to Simon Cowell - ooh, I bet SC is dreading the hundred thousand or so people who really want to see the X-factor record at No1 over Christmas actually going out and buying it now...

SPELL G-U-L-L-I-B-L-E

Not bothered which wins they are both exceptional Christmas songs

FREE Live Odds Comparison Software

Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Filipino UK Filipino Forum | Win2Win Racing - Free Tips

I dont think it was rage against the machines idea to be fair. The song is 10-15 years old. Its just an internet campaign that got a bit of momentum

I been doing my best to ignore this whole fiasco all week - I been getting emails from remnants of the Anti-War Movement (whatever happened to?) telling me to make a stand against capitalism & war & go out & buy this record/CD...... plz, plz, plz - GET ME OFF THIS LIST!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Godspot View Post
    telling me to make a stand against capitalism & war & go out & buy this record
    Genius! An anti-capitalist campaign asking you to buy something :splapme

Even by Cowell's standards, that song is . It is shocking what kids will buy today, bring back Slade & Wizard for Xmas.

"Listen to me. I can just about handle you, driving like a pissed-up crackhead and treating women like beanbags, but I’m going to say this once and once only, Gene: stay out of Camberwick Green!"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_cIbBTkn70&feature=related

Could do with Ozzy bringing out an Xmas song... now he IS Xmas

wb is offline Win2Win Racing Club Member

Is there any truth in the rumour that Cowell has a stake in their record company? That would be a pretty smart move if it's true.

Tada gan iarracht

As far as I'm aware, yes.... I think he has his finger in most of the top 10!!!

The Rage Against The Machine campaign was intended to raise money for charity, which it has done - over £70,000 so far. You can't knock the couple who started it for that. I think it's been brilliant.

My keyboard's running out of ink....

lowe1 is offline Win2Win Racing Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheOldhamWhisper View Post
    Rage in the Machine (or something like that) are 'doing us all a favour' by trying to keep the latest X-factor wannabe star off the number 1 slot...

...and it has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that they'd be lucky to make the top 100 otherwise...

SPELL G-U-L-L-I-B-L-E
    Sorry mate have to disagree , Rage against the machine are one of the biggest selling artists in contemporary music, their debut album " rage against the machine" was triple platinum and every tour they do is a sell out.
    This band who write their own songs will be around a lot longer and sell more records than any manufactured singer / rock band

I totally hate any x factor type program with a passion

Apparently that was one of the biggest upsets in chart history. Thank God they have kept that pile of off the top, at least for 1 week.

"Listen to me. I can just about handle you, driving like a pissed-up crackhead and treating women like beanbags, but I’m going to say this once and once only, Gene: stay out of Camberwick Green!"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_cIbBTkn70&feature=related

Quote Originally Posted by lowe1 View Post
    Sorry mate have to disagree , Rage against the machine are one of the biggest selling artists in contemporary music, their debut album " rage against the machine" was triple platinum and every tour they do is a sell out.
    This band who write their own songs will be around a lot longer and sell more records than any manufactured singer / rock band
    Totally agree Tony... amazing band, especially live, been around nearly 20 years now apart from the couple of years they did the Audioslave project, where will young Joe be in 12 months... the same bargain bin as Steve what's his name, Leon Thingummy from 2 years back, dumped by his record company... They got lucky with Leona Lewis, she is undoubtedly a stunning, and talented girl, likely to be at the top for years.. and Alexandra Burke is a decent singer too... but so many of them are just poor copies of what's already out there.

My keyboard's running out of ink....

Both records are on the same label!

Well done on raising the money for charity - but I would have been more impressed if they had said thet ALL proceeds from the sale of both records would go to charity.

And it's good to see Facebookers have a sense of humour with the 'Get the Sex Pistols' God Save The Queen to N01 in time for her Birthday' group!!

Thread Information