Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: fav film ever

Back to the Future!

And any of the star wars,

but there have been so many good movies mentioned already!

The Vegster!

Winner of Ada's Eurovision Game 2014

Quote Originally Posted by vegyjones View Post
    Back to the Future!

And any of the star wars
    Your wife doesn't let you watch anything rated over '12' then?

FREE Live Odds Comparison Software

Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Filipino UK Filipino Forum | Win2Win Racing - Free Tips

fav film ever

Quote Originally Posted by vegyjones View Post
    Back to the Future!

And any of the star wars,

but there have been so many good movies mentioned already!
    My fishing mates call me DARK POLE they say i must be using the dark side of the force to catch more than them,wish i could applie it to the betting!
    VADER would be a great user name,vegyvader?

fav film ever

piggys post "for big c and bill" has just reminded me of an absolutely delightful little film that i have not watched for years RESTLESS NATIVES ,and the sound track was by BIG COUNTRY

Quote Originally Posted by mick56 View Post
    What has surprised me so far (although i am perfectly willing to admit that the fault could be mine)is that no one has mentioned LORD OF THE RINGS having read the books many years ago before they became "fashionable"i must admit i was extremely sceptical that the films could possibly be as good, but i was more than happy to prove myself wrong,and i believe that all concerned did a very good job with the film adaptation.
    As a matter of interest, my son-in-law's uncle - Mike Hedges - received an Oscar as the Chief Sound Engineer on LORD OF THE RINGS. He also got an Oscar for KING KONG and theres a possibility of a third for the film he's just finished LOVELY BONES. Genned up kiddie so we're hoping.

Quote Originally Posted by Street cry View Post
    Shawshank is my favourite film if i have to narrow it down to one. I must say i think Morgan Freeman is afantastic actor.
    you should see his new film streetcry it's called invictus and he plays nelson mandella brilliantly.

I have an impressive bank of knowledge and experience. Unfortunately, I've lost the combination to this bank.

piggys post "for big c and bill" has just reminded me of an absolutely delightful little film that i have not watched for years RESTLESS NATIVES ,and the sound track was by BIG COUNTRY
    That was a great film... similar in humour to Gregory's Girl, That Sinking Feeling, and Local Hero... all brilliant.

My keyboard's running out of ink....

Quote Originally Posted by piggy View Post
    you should see his new film streetcry it's called invictus and he plays nelson mandella brilliantly.
    I heard that was good, want to see that too, and yes he is a superb actor...

Love Story
    Born Free
    Goodfellas / godfather etc
    In The name of the father
    Bloody Sunday
    Flatliners
    Michael Collins
    Pretty Woman
    Notting Hill / Bridget Jones etc
    Crazy Beautiful
    Motorcycle diaries

'SOULMATES NEVER DIE'
    MySpace
    PHOTOS

to many softies on here :D

BLADE RUNNER
    CONSTANTINE
    MATRIX
    THE SHINING
    DEERHUNTER
    APOCALYPSE NOW
    DOWNFALL
    RESIDENT EVIL
    MANHUNTER
    DUNE

fav film ever

Quote Originally Posted by huckabuck View Post
    to many softies on here :D

BLADE RUNNER
    CONSTANTINE
    MATRIX
    THE SHINING
    DEERHUNTER
    APOCALYPSE NOW
    DOWNFALL
    RESIDENT EVIL
    MANHUNTER
    DUNE
    certainly agree about APOCALYPSE NOW just looking at some of those guys frightens me,and yet it is totally believable.one of the things which greatly increased my interest in films was when they started putting the extras on DVDs ie about the making of the film.And i love the bit on this one when they are shooting the scean about the dance around the camp fire and mel gibbson jumps in and tries to fire them up to get the shots he is looking for brilliant.

lowe1 is offline Win2Win Racing Club Member

One film i forgot which nobody has mentioned is Schindlers List , the one film i admit to crying to

Dune was pants, watched it twice, read the book, and still can't understand it. It just seems to be an overrated version of Tremors.

fav film ever

Quote Originally Posted by lowe1 View Post
    One film i forgot which nobody has mentioned is Schindlers List , the one film i admit to crying to
    I must confess that when i learnt of the theme i could not watch the film.years ago there was a tv series called THE HOLOCASTE which appeared to be very realistic,and i guess everyone should watch something like this once to increase your understanding and to help ensure there is never a recurrence,but once was enough for me,to see realistic portrayals of the helpless suffering of those innocent people would probably make me cry to,and there is no shame in that.

Quote Originally Posted by lowe1 View Post
    I mentioned it Tony, a really great film that I have watched a few times now.

"Listen to me. I can just about handle you, driving like a pissed-up crackhead and treating women like beanbags, but I’m going to say this once and once only, Gene: stay out of Camberwick Green!"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_cIbBTkn70&feature=related

lowe1 is offline Win2Win Racing Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by scoobydoo View Post
    I mentioned it Tony, a really great film that I have watched a few times now.
    Ok Scoobs i did scroll though to see if it was in must have missed it , it is a great film

I would really reccomend a weekend away to Krakow and visit Auschwitz-Birkenau and also Schindlers house to anyone

fav film ever

Talking of Morgan Freeman,i watched KISS THE GIRLS,for the first time yesterday,i thought the combination of Mr freeman and brian cox really worked well

fav film ever

certainly agree about APOCALYPSE NOW just looking at some of those guys frightens me,and yet it is totally believable.one of the things which greatly increased my interest in films was when they started putting the extras on DVDs ie about the making of the film.And i love the bit on this one when they are shooting the scean about the dance around the camp fire and mel gibbson jumps in and tries to fire them up to get the shots he is looking for brilliant.
    sorry,huckabuck,have just realised i got muddled up the film i am referring to above is APOCALYPTO.:splapme

Not much into films these days, most of my favourites are musicals - West Side Story, Oliver, Guys and Dolls, Singing in the Rain, etc where I can sit back and enjoy the music.

However, for me, there is one film that stands out a mile -- SCHINDLERS LIST -- especially the last scene when Liam Neeson breaks down and says "I could have sold this gold pin (made from gold teeth donated by Jews he had saved) and saved another one Jew".

And then when the film was over the extra track showing the descendants of the Jews he saved (Children, grandchildren,etc) queueing up in line to lay a stone on the grave of Oscar Schindler.

A very touching film (Spielburg I think) and certainly brought a tear to my eye.

Hey Tovarich, I thought you'd still have been moaning about these new fangled movies made in colour :D

Quote Originally Posted by bigcumba View Post
    Hey Tovarich, I thought you'd still have been moaning about these new fangled movies made in colour :D
    Them new 'uns where the plot isn't just a bloke in a black cape tying a damsel to the train tracks - wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by bigcumba View Post
    Well Big Man,the trouble with these latest new fangled movies is that they are (for people like me anyway) mostly remakes of great films from the past but noisier An' where's Bogey and Cagney and Raft. it's jist no the same! :wink

Quote Originally Posted by tovarich View Post
    where's Bogey and Cagney and Raft. it's jist no the same! :wink
    To be honest there are times when I need a fix of those guys too, plus of course Edward G Robinson, you can't leave him out... they really don't make them like that anymore, and Bogart is probably my all time favourite actor.. the only guys in more modern times who come close are Jack Nicholson, Daniel Day-Lewis and Gary Oldman.

yes, I can watch anything with Jack Nicholson in it but no matter the story or content I just can't help having a laugh or at least a smile. He has that effect on me, or maybe it's just admiration for his talents. Could be jealousy - he doesn't seem to give a damn for anybody. My type of man. :)

He is an amazing actor, and still one of the coolest guys on the planet... just got so much charisma I guess... much like me

Some of you are showing your age on here :D

kes----brian glover at his very best
    arthur----me if i ever got that rich
    life of brian---unforgettable
    any tom hanks---top top actor

fav film ever

Quote Originally Posted by eruptive plot View Post
    kes----brian glover at his very best
    any tom hanks---top top actor
    yes remember Brian Glover really good character actor

and i never tire of watching forrest gump. whatever part he plays tom hanks is so believable

Boris

Have just noticed that Boris the blade has won at hay @11/1 unfortunately not carrying my money,but it caused me to recall the film SNATCH by no means my fav film but BORIS THE BLADE who was in the film would i guess be my all time fav character.

Thread Information