Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.

Thread: record keeping

record keeping

hi every one i posted a similar thread to this on another forum without much response and it is possible that the fault is with me and the subject is not of interest to people and that's fair enough but i will try it here
    in the on going quest to turn a profit i have found that accurate and honest RECORD KEEPING can proof very helpful it enables you to constantly learn and if necessary use back fitting in the best possible way
    as an example last summer i had a run of 10 consecutive losers when checking these i found that 6 of them where 3yo running against older horses
    because i have records going back 8 years i was able to establish that although profitable these bets did not return as high a roi
    i continued to back them until the end of the year and the pattern was maintained so i felt it was right to concluded that this was not just a statistical blip and so for this year for me when a 3yo is indicated as the selection against older horses its been no bet
    this has cost me some winners but in terms of roi has prooved a good decision
    and is just one example of how long term record keeping can enhance your profit margins best wishes

You'll find that 3yo's in the first half of the season will struggle against older horses on the flat, it tends to level off after Royal Ascot.

FREE Live Odds Comparison Software

Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Filipino UK Filipino Forum | Win2Win Racing - Free Tips

I think the weight for age scale swings in favor of 3yo's come mid-August, especially 11f plus.

record keeping

Has anyone analysed thier betting records to see if there is a good/poor time of the year for them to bet,after reading an article by two guys who claimed to make substantial profits but only bet for 3 months per year JUN- AUG.i checked 8 yrs of my own turf flat bets and my results show no significant difference in terms of ROI for any particular month .i then tried 3 month periods MAR -MAY.. JUN- AUG.. SEPT - NOV .Again no real significance although my collective JUN-Aug figs did come out best i guess confirming what the guys said but it was not by enough to make me want to stop for the other 9 months!.

I make the most in the summer, especially July, but around the end of December/early January I have another spike. I tend to struggle at the two racing code changeovers.

But that's all based on a moving portfolio really. I have a more settled (and balanced) set of systems now so I expect profits to level out more, although the Dec/Jan spike will remain as it's the product of a couple of my football systems and I understand 100% why it is there.

record keeping

As we are now well past half way of the proper n hunt season does any ones records show them to be having a partically good/bad season so far.
    As i follow the jumpers all year round for myself this is less significant ,but certainly the peak months of the season have not been as profitable as previouse ones.I am not one for making excuses,but would like to blame the weather except that my worst results came in Dec before the bad weather struck,looking back over my records in past years DEC has mostly been a very good month for me,and i guess because of that this year i approached it with confidence.So the specific monthly correction came as a bit of a shock,and there is for me a good lesson to be learnt from this and i have certainly taken it on board.
    Still when jumping finally recommences without interruption if the ground does not firm up i would imagine we will get above avg size fields for a while which should suit me and a couple of bigger priced winners will be all that's needed.

I operate 10 NH-only systems (eight backs and two lays) and only two of the backing systems are showing a profit so far in 2010. I think it's fair to say the NH hasn't been kind to me so far this year.

I also run a number of mixed code systems but it's a lot harder to factor out the NH from those results. However, it looks like I am making a lot more from the AW flat than I am from the jumps so far this year.

Quote Originally Posted by mathare View Post
    I operate 10 NH-only systems (eight backs and two lays) and only two of the backing systems are showing a profit so far in 2010. I think it's fair to say the NH hasn't been kind to me so far this year.
    I think it's fair to say we've only had 2-3 full weeks of NH racing this year

FREE Live Odds Comparison Software

Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Filipino UK Filipino Forum | Win2Win Racing - Free Tips

record keeping

Over 30yrs ago when i decided i wanted to take horse racing seriously,in the respect of trying to learn how to make a profit,the first thing i did was to start keeping detailed records.Not only of the horses i backed and how much was staked,but also my reasons for doing so.

Like wise i kept full details of my expenses,racing papers form books etc.I would suggest that for anyone with aspirations to make it pay,that the above while not always making for pleasant reading is a very worthwhile exercise,from which much can be learnt.

It enables you to judge your progress not just in terms of profit but also hard earned knowledge.These days when i refer to past results from the last 8yrs it is because during this period the approach i use has not been changed by any significant degree and so to my mind this is a good enough period to use as a bench mark for the future.

the angels, systems and/or all methods must be easy and short .. .. to follow trainer's and jockey's records is much better and more easy .. ..

Thread Information