Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.

Thread: Urgent: Next Day Special Delivery

Urgent: Next Day Special Delivery

Hi guys,

Quick question - I'm having some gig tickets sent to me tomorrow via "Next Day Special Delivery" for a gig on Tuesday 26th January. They will therefore arrive on Saturday. The only problem is they're being sent to my work address and as I won't be at work on Saturday, would you think there will be an issue with signing for the tickets? Nobody in my company works on a Saturday, but we'll all be in the office on Monday again.

Or should I get the address changed to my home address and stay at home all day Saturday? This is possible since I got the tickets on eBay and the seller's sending them to me tomorrow at 9am.

Decisions, decisions...

Please take a look at:
    My Photostream on Flickr

As far as I know, Special Delivery next day is before 1pm John if that changes your thinking at all?

"Listen to me. I can just about handle you, driving like a pissed-up crackhead and treating women like beanbags, but I’m going to say this once and once only, Gene: stay out of Camberwick Green!"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_cIbBTkn70&feature=related

And Saturday delivery is extra according to the Royal Mail website. Is the seller paying the extra to guarantee Saturday delivery? If not, they could be there Monday anyway.

Talk to the seller I'd say. And if they are guaranteed to be delivered Saturday go for your home address else stick with work.

http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/c...9&catId=400026

Saturday's are not guaranteed.
    If your office doesn't normally have deliveries on a Saturday, I don't think they will turn up at the office until Monday.

The Vegster!

Winner of Ada's Eurovision Game 2014

Quote Originally Posted by vegyjones View Post
    Saturday's are not guaranteed.
    If your office doesn't normally have deliveries on a Saturday, I don't think they will turn up at the office until Monday.
    Thanks Vegy. The courier guy wouldn't know about that though would he? As far as he's concerned he's going on Saturday delivery mission...

Please take a look at:
    My Photostream on Flickr

Rick - thanks for the 1pm info - do you know the "start time" at all?

Mat - thanks as well, I've gotten in touch with the seller again. I left my mobile number too in case he has any problems. Basically I've said to him: if you can guarantee Saturday delivery and don't mind paying the extra £2.20, please deliver to my home address. Otherwise please deliver to my work address (on Monday).

Hopefully that won't confuse the poor lad.

Please take a look at:
    My Photostream on Flickr

Businesses have to arrange with Royal Mail if they want weekend deliveries.

If the seller is sending it Special Delivery - it will be via the post office - so it'll get to the sorting office your end on Friday evening/Saturday morning, but they won't attempt delivery until Monday!

The Vegster!

Your residential postie will attempt to deliver it on a Saturday if you're having it sent to your home address, so if he sends it there you should get it tomorrow.

There is no starting time John. It all depends when the postie can be bothered to get out of bed :D But again, the 1.00pm guaranteed time won't be applicable on a Saturday, but they normally finish well before that on a Saturday anyway!

The Vegster!

Quote Originally Posted by vegyjones View Post
    If the seller is sending it Special Delivery - it will be via the post office - so it'll get to the sorting office your end on Friday evening/Saturday morning, but they won't attempt delivery until Monday!
    Quote Originally Posted by vegyjones
    Your residential postie will attempt to deliver it on a Saturday if you're having it sent to your home address, so if he sends it there you should get it tomorrow.
    That's what I want to hear! :) Never underestimate the power of Vegy's knowledge.

They're being sent from Hong Kong, sorry, I mean SURREY, which hopefully means they'll be with me on Saturday at my home address. I just hope the seller is aware there's a surcharge - I've put the RM link from Mat in my message to him anyway and explained the situation fully.

Why is getting tickets online nowadays such a hassle? Even if you buy them direct from the vendor. It never used to be like this.

Please take a look at:
    My Photostream on Flickr

What surcharge do you refer to John. There's no surcharge for a saturday delivery!

The Vegster!

This one: http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/c...9&catId=400026 under the heading "available six days a week" and the heading below...

Please take a look at:
    My Photostream on Flickr

Oh I see.. I didn't even know they did that!

The Vegster!

Me neither, though I guess it makes sense. Just wish this didn't have to be so complicated, all I want to do is be sure I can get the tickets in time to go the gig on my birthday. That so hard?

Please take a look at:
    My Photostream on Flickr

Special Deliveries as week days only, as mentioned you pay extra for the Saturday 'Special Special Delivery'. I use RM a lot and First Class is cheaper and just as effective as Special Delivery, and you get it on a Saturday!!

FREE Live Odds Comparison Software

Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Filipino UK Filipino Forum | Win2Win Racing - Free Tips

Well I sent a repy via eBay 'respond now to this message' to the seller last night with both my home and work addresses in - and asked him to let me know which he'd gone with today at around lunchtime. No response from two messages so sent a third message to him tonight.

So yeah things are looking really good, I don't even know if I can leave the house tomorrow before 1pm because he hasn't got back to me.

Idiot.

Please take a look at:
    My Photostream on Flickr

Thread Information