Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.

Thread: Betfair sp ???

Betfair sp ???

Looking for some advice/opinions

does anyone use Betfair sp for laying ?
    i am trying to get into laying but i am really struggling to put bets on during the day, i understand the principal of how to place the bets but wanted to know if anyone has any experience of it ?
    i was thinking of doing a fixed liability of say 10%my bank.
    ie £200 liabilty £20 and set max odds at 10.5

is fixed liability more risky ?

any advice always welcome

Betfair SP is equivalent to something like an 18-20% overlay, which is huge quite frankly.

You'd probably do better just leaving orders whenever you can

lowe1 is offline Win2Win Racing Club Member

Neil

I do the CDLays system i do 2% of bank and never lay on a qualifier that is above 10.0 , dont do a fixed liability of my bank as such.

As im working during the day i put all lays on at dinner so take whatever price they are then , there is bound to be some that were 10.0 when i placed lays but then come down before the race but thats just life you win some you miss some

Thanks Guys

As for fixed stake v fixed liability - depends on the system really. But if you're worried about your overlay (as most newbies should be) then with a large overlay fixed stake means you lose more on the winners when they come but win the same on the losing horses whereas with fixed liability a large overlay means smaller winnings when the horses lose but the same losses when they win. Assume an SR of 80% (for ease) and you've got four times as many winning bets (losing horses) as losing bets so fixed stake means your overlay is only important on 20% of the bets while with fixed liability it matters on 80% of the bets.

Quote Originally Posted by mathare View Post
    As for fixed stake v fixed liability - depends on the system really. But if you're worried about your overlay (as most newbies should be) then with a large overlay fixed stake means you lose more on the winners when they come but win the same on the losing horses whereas with fixed liability a large overlay means smaller winnings when the horses lose but the same losses when they win. Assume an SR of 80% (for ease) and you've got four times as many winning bets (losing horses) as losing bets so fixed stake means your overlay is only important on 20% of the bets while with fixed liability it matters on 80% of the bets.
    Thanks Mathare,
    i was looking at the NHPM and the flat layem, i read one of your posts before where i think you said fixed laibilty gave you a better return but had some big dips (i think that was right)

Quote Originally Posted by neilb7 View Post
    i was looking at the NHPM and the flat layem, i read one of your posts before where i think you said fixed laibilty gave you a better return but had some big dips (i think that was right)
    I run NHPM to fixed liability and Layem to fixed stake but I have had a few years practice at laying. Fixed stake is easier when you're just starting out

I run NHPM to fixed liability and Layem to fixed stake but I have had a few years practice at laying. Fixed stake is easier when you're just starting out
    Thanks for all the advice

Betfair SP is equivalent to something like an 18-20% overlay, which is huge quite frankly.

You'd probably do better just leaving orders whenever you can
    Spot on basically what i would have said

‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing’

cheers SC

Thread Information