Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.

Thread: Who has tried horseriding/racing?

Who has tried horseriding/racing?

Yesterday I had a very cheap deal which enabled me and my girlfriend to get out and try horseriding- its something that I have tried once before and I said that I would never do again- But as they say, never say never again lol

This horse was very well behaved, although pretty much did what it wanted, the most I could get out of it was an occasional trot which I have to say wasnt comfortable at all.

It just confirms to me how brave these Jockeys and horses are especially over hurdles etc- I cant even imagine riding flat out and racing while going over big hurdles. My grandfather was a jockey untill he got to his early twenties and got too heavy but I definately dont think its in the blood!

On another note my grandfather told me that a racehorse could never be completely trusted, he said that he always had to be careful around them - sometimes the horses would try and lean on people in the stables just for a bit of mischief etc. Also at the stables yesterday there was a racehorse that someone was trying out, his acceleration and turn of speed was amazing, but after another rider tried to mount it he decided to trot forward aside a post to try and knock the jockey off, I know they are bred to be 'twitchy' but it must take nerves of steel to do that job.

I've done it a few times in the past, but unless you do it regular then you'll suffer for it .... especially the guys No way could I do it now with my knackered joints.

I did win a donkey derby when I was about 10

FREE Live Odds Comparison Software

Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Filipino UK Filipino Forum | Win2Win Racing - Free Tips

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    I've done it a few times in the past, but unless you do it regular then you'll suffer for it .... especially the guys No way could I do it now with my knackered joints.

yes, I did think at the time that tighter pants would have been a good idea to keep everything up and out of the way of all that bouncing around

Who was riding you?

Quote Originally Posted by mathare View Post
    Who was riding you?

Who was riding you?
    John.... it was a surprise birthday present

FREE Live Odds Comparison Software

Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Filipino UK Filipino Forum | Win2Win Racing - Free Tips

John.... it was a surprise birthday present
    When you were 10 John was just a wiggly little sperm

When you were 10 John was just a wiggly little sperm
    he still is ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing’

Horse riding and being a jockey are chalk and cheese - you don't normally see a jockey actually sitting on the saddle unless the horse is standing still or just walking. Any other speed and (s)he will likely be standing in the stirrups. The positioning of the stirrups makes the position more precarious, but once you get confident it is far more comfortable and less likely to get yer bits squashed!

horseriding/racing?

BM very much agree your thread,i feel we often take for granted the courage of our jockeys,partially steeple chasing,anyone who has stood by the last in the rain and seen them come into that covered in mud and unsighted will no just how brave this people are.

Concerning horse behaviour and memory i read an interesting story involving FRED ARCHER he gave a horse a partically hard beating even for those days in a failed attempt to win on it,anyway he told the trainer and owner that the horse was usless and would never win.The next season the horse started to win races and the jockeys and stable staff all agreed about his sweet and kind nature you could leave a child in his box and he would not harm it.

Eventually because the horse kept on winning and improving Archer got the regular rider jocked off so that he was up for its next race .when he walked into the sadderling ring this gentle horse with such a good attitude who had not seen Archer for 18 months bit his arm so badly that he could not ride for weeks, makes you wonder?.

Thread Information