Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.

Thread: back to basics

back to basics

I suspect i may get some stick over this post,in my defence i would say that it is not even meant as constructive criticism,but rather a heart felt plea,for this has become my fav racing forum,and recently i feel we are getting a little off track.

I understand the strong feelings which can be evoked by political or current affairs,and the need to post opinion indeed i have made my views known on these threads,but not at the cost of posting about racing subjects.

There are many current affairs and political forums on the web,but none to my knowledge whose members spend a lot of thier time posting about horse racing.With regards to this forum my fear is that with a general election coming this situation could get worse.

There are so many people on this forum who have so much of interest to offer about horse racing,and i feel it is a great pity when they get diverted into other subjects at the expense of the former.

I will close by saying i hope you will feel able to consider this post in the spirit it was intended. cheers.

As you may have noticed i post mostly about football, in my defence my knowledge of horse racing is well as empty as a Man City trophy cabinet..

A few years ago (6 YEARS? REALLY?) when i joined this site i used to spend 3 ish hours a day doing systems, some worked some didnt but basically all those involved was number crunching, but at the end of the day i found it all TOO time consuming, especially with all the work i did.

I couldnt tell you nothing about the effects of draws,going, whos running in the breeders cup, what jockey works well with what trainer etc, in fact i couldnt even tell you the names of any famous horses bar Red Rum and Shergar.

Its a great sport, especially when you have money riding on it and theres absolutely nothing (apart from football) which is as thrilling as Cheltenham, but its all time consuming for me, i cant even watch racing now because i work nights.

But this a great forum, theres people on here who i feel i could turn to if needed advice about anything, people who ive known years without meeting, people who i can have a bit of banter with, people who are wierd, its all a wonderful mix, and while i agree its a horse racing forum and rightly so, its good to be able to post about other stuff too.

This is the only forum i post on and that says it all for me.

¦19¦ YEARS ¦34¦ YEARS SUBJECT TO CHANGE :(

G L A Z E R O U T !

PS I do manage to have a stab at the joint effort, which if i look at my results shows just how little i do know about racing

¦19¦ YEARS ¦34¦ YEARS SUBJECT TO CHANGE :(

G L A Z E R O U T !

back to basics

Quote Originally Posted by peza2605 View Post

But this a great forum, theres people on here who i feel i could turn to if needed advice about anything, people who ive known years without meeting, people who i can have a bit of banter with, people who are wierd, its all a wonderful mix, and while i agree its a horse racing forum and rightly so, its good to be able to post about other stuff too.

This is the only forum i post on and that says it all for me.
    Hi mate i except your above views and you have payed a great tribute to members,i guess in my own way i was trying to do the same but with tunnel vision.

....people who are wierd.....
    Thanks for the mention. :)

Mick, we cover all topics on here as Peza says, general banter on any subject is acceptable, and most of it is tongue in cheek, rarely does it become bitching as we keep control of it..... and remember, we are also a betting forum and you can make money on the election so watch those polls carefully :wink

FREE Live Odds Comparison Software

Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Filipino UK Filipino Forum | Win2Win Racing - Free Tips

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    we are also a betting forum and you can make money on the election so watch those polls carefully :wink
    I've already had a few punts on the election, bets on the turnout mainly

I was looking at william hills and you can have a bet on virtually every seat in the country. Never has political gambling been so thriving, I think!

By the way my bet iis 5/2 on no overall majority

The Vegster!

Winner of Ada's Eurovision Game 2014

A few years ago (6 YEARS? REALLY?) when i joined this site i used to spend 3 ish hours a day doing systems, some worked some didnt but basically all those involved was number crunching, but at the end of the day i found it all TOO time consuming, especially with all the work i did.
    Tis a shame, as some of them were pretty darn good Peza! :wink

The Vegster!

Winner of Ada's Eurovision Game 2014

Quote Originally Posted by mick56 View Post
    I suspect i may get some stick over this post,in my defence i would say that it is not even meant as constructive criticism,but rather a heart felt plea,for this has become my fav racing forum,and recently i feel we are getting a little off track.

I understand the strong feelings which can be evoked by political or current affairs,and the need to post opinion indeed i have made my views known on these threads,but not at the cost of posting about racing subjects.

There are many current affairs and political forums on the web,but none to my knowledge whose members spend a lot of thier time posting about horse racing.With regards to this forum my fear is that with a general election coming this situation could get worse.

There are so many people on this forum who have so much of interest to offer about horse racing,and i feel it is a great pity when they get diverted into other subjects at the expense of the former.

I will close by saying i hope you will feel able to consider this post in the spirit it was intended. cheers.
    I totally agree with you Mich -

I'm supposed to have given up politics for a while but am easily distracted...

Had a laugh in the pub a few weeks back - there was this new barmaid, I had just arrived with the Weekender & my mate says he's going to Cheltenham & wants some tips.... After about half an hour of discussing various chances etc etc, the barmaid says: 'Do you have any other hobbies?' My mate, he collapsed his head to the bar & started crying: , no, no, no, don't start him off!'

I haven't started any political threads on this forum & don't intend to but I will stick my oar in when I see things I disagree with, maybe it would be easier if they just called off the election?

Quote Originally Posted by Godspot View Post
    I will stick my oar in when I see things I disagree with, maybe it would be easier if they just called off the election?
    We could always just ban you any time there's something political going on... :wink

My keyboard's running out of ink....

back to basics

Godspot RI your above post i no how your mate thinks he feels some of mine suffer the same,but although i pride myself on my good sense of humour and enjoy some of the banter on this site.What i like most is exchanging views with fellow members on the complexities of form study,not a subject matter of huge interest to the majority this i understand ,but i guess i started this thread for selfish reasons because i just want to read more.

back to basics

Coming at this from a different angle,i dont no about some of you guys but i am reluctant to talk about making profits from horse racing with anyone who does not take the subject seriously because i normally find you get one of two unwelcome reactions (and i dont mean that in a nasty way).

If it is someone who bets for fun (and there is nothing wrong with that)they tend not to belive you.

If it is some one that does not bet they often think that it is exciting, which is not the way i would describe having 10 consecutive lossers and then having to make the decision about the 11th bet.

This is why i find it so interesting to communicate with other members on this forum who of course no the score concerning the above. After being a member of this forum for 3 months the novelty of sharing has not warn off and i hope it never does.

Thread Information