Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.

Thread: betting banks

betting banks

hi all,

Whats peoples views on balancing betting banks ?
    by that i mean my system banker has nearly trebled in the last few weeks and im currently staking double or three times that of others, im running 10 back systems (i really cant do lays due to not being able to put them on during the day)
    should i reduce the staking/bank and add further systems ?

any advice always appreciated

betting banks

Hi neilb,i dont think i can give any useful advice directly pertinent to your situation,as i only work one selection procedure,i can certainly see the advantage in spreading the risk,but having looked at several alternatives over the years have realised that at present this is not for me.

My staking i guess many would consider basic but again because i have records of my bets going back several years i am able to run honest projections on such as the kelly staking and % of bank ect. but my own boring 1pt win level stakes for a year at a time suits me,of course as above you can always look back on known results and see what might have been but this is unfortunately no guarantee of what will be.

My aim at the start of every year is max profit with min risk to my starting capital, and many years by the end of Feb i no based on previose years results that i should be safe on the whole year,IE lossers and losing runs are payed for out of profits accrued with out having to reduce stakes.

Past results can only ever be used as a guide but they can be considered a good starting point, so in your case i might look at these to get a feel for how they might work out ,but from what you are saying your best profits are coming from one area the banker bets so would it be worth considering reinvesting profits in the same by way of increased stake or strengthen the existing bank.hope some of the above may help best wishes.Its a facsinating and frustrating subject.

Cheers Mick,

i think the answer for me is to spread risk, a lot of my systems are win2 win so i have a good record of previous results and therefore a decent guide to how they will perform.

i think the question im having with myself is the increased stakes on one bank have given a great return and its a question of will it continue or do i reduce my risk, i know utimately they will all have ups and downs so it should even out in the long run.

im still fairly new to the game (about 1 year disciplined) and its still about removing emotions and not being too greedy:splapme

thanks for your thoughts

betting banks

Quote Originally Posted by neilb7 View Post
    Cheers Mick,

im still fairly new to the game (about 1 year disciplined) and its still about removing emotions and not being too greedy:splapme
    Your very welcome ,i have been in the game for 35yrs and am still learning partically as you say about removing or controlling emotions and staking is very much a part of that.

Don't spread out the profit from one system to others keep the system banker running at its self gained higher level. What if the system banker continues to do well and all the others don't ??

Let all betting banks grow on their individual merit and grow organically

‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing’

Quote Originally Posted by Street cry View Post
    Don't spread out the profit from one system to others keep the system banker running at its self gained higher level. What if the system banker continues to do well and all the others don't ??

Let all betting banks grow on their individual merit and grow organically
    Thanks SC

Depends on how much risk you accept. I sometimes spread a bank if it has shot miles clear of the rest and it gets to a situation when the whole days profits depend on that one system.

If you have other systems you are running that are profitable you can transfer some, and lower the stake a little on the big bank to add in more protection.

No single correct answer though!

FREE Live Odds Comparison Software

Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Filipino UK Filipino Forum | Win2Win Racing - Free Tips

Thanks Keith,

i decided to reduce the system banker stakes and after todays results im glad i did

Thread Information