Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.

Thread: MP's anger at expenses 'ban' on first-class travel

MP's anger at expenses 'ban' on first-class travel

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8521510.stm

Sir Nicholas Winterton has angrily denounced plans to reduce first-class travel by MPs - telling the BBC he needs "quiet" and privacy to work.

The veteran Tory MP said there was a "totally different type of people" in standard-class train carriages.

I listened to this programme this morning and it probably has given Gordon Brown his biggest lift for a year or so. :D

"Listen to me. I can just about handle you, driving like a pissed-up crackhead and treating women like beanbags, but I’m going to say this once and once only, Gene: stay out of Camberwick Green!"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_cIbBTkn70&feature=related

Why, these politician types should have special lanes on the road too... Can't use the same roads as us common folk :D

The Vegster!

Winner of Ada's Eurovision Game 2014

If you've ever booked a seat in the 'quiet zone' for a 4 hour train journey and watched a family of 5 take seats in the same carriage, you'd be far more receptive to Sir Nick's plight! Apparently, as long as mommy walks half way down the carriage with her mobile phone ringing, it counts as being 'quiet' as she didn't actually use the phone! And the attention span of 3 young children playing a 'quiet' game of "Spot the tree" is quite limited...

mps anger

I dont think much of his "totally different type of people" comment and that will cost him,but i suppouse we should be grateful that he condescends to go by train instead of trying to blag a chauffeur driven Daimler.

Regarding his remark in these so called enlightened times,why do we have a first and second class anything?.

mps anger

Scooby just noticed you are on your 4999th post thats far more 1st class than above are you going to give us something special for the 5000. well done

Quote Originally Posted by mick56 View Post
    I dont think much of his "totally different type of people" comment and that will cost him,but i suppouse we should be grateful that he condescends to go by train instead of trying to blag a chauffeur driven Daimler.

Regarding his remark in these so called enlightened times,why do we have a first and second class anything?.
    It wont cost him Mick, he is retiring thank god...that is why he is doing it to embarrass Cameron. He is a dinosaur and is one of the reasons I will never vote Tory, how many more think like Sir Nicholas? His attitude throughout the whole show was unreal....he would've been more at home around 1900. He was so inconsisitent as well, he said that he needed to travel first class so as he could do important work. Then right afterwards he said that he drives all the time with Mrs Winterton MP.

"Listen to me. I can just about handle you, driving like a pissed-up crackhead and treating women like beanbags, but I’m going to say this once and once only, Gene: stay out of Camberwick Green!"

Quote Originally Posted by mick56 View Post
    Scooby just noticed you are on your 4999th post thats far more 1st class than above are you going to give us something special for the 5000. well done
    Err...no same old rubbish Mick. :D

Quote Originally Posted by scoobydoo View Post
    It wont cost him Mick, he is retiring thank god...
    I did not no that he was retiring, but its not far short of "let them eat cake"and even though he still thinks this way i bet with hindsight he wishes he had kept his mouth shut.If not for the party then certainly for himself.

Anyway on to more important matters congratulations your 5000th post any reminiscence's?.

Why doesn't the git just pay the extra for 1st class from the not insubstantial earnings? and devious expenses that he claims.

mps anger

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Why doesn't the git just pay the extra for 1st class from the not insubstantial earnings? and devious expenses that he claims.
    Well said Bill

Thread Information