Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.

Thread: Champion Hurdle Now!

Champion Hurdle Now!

From what I can make out - one of the favourites, Solwhit is on the brink of pulling out due to a bad scope - could be a good time to have a bet on the race while most bookies are offering NR/No Bet.

PS: GS can now be followed on Twitter as @themastarata

Solwhit is 5s with most bookies and 19 on Betfair

Make that 25 on Betfair and drifting fast

Quote Originally Posted by mathare View Post
    Solwhit is 5s with most bookies and 19 on Betfair
    Not sure what you're getting at, I was suggesting betting on anyone else before their odds shorten.

Quote Originally Posted by Godspot View Post
    Not sure what you're getting at, I was suggesting betting on anyone else before their odds shorten.
    If Solwhit has scoped dirty then he's likely to be pulled from the race making him a potential lay as Betfair markets are 'all bets stand run or not'. The exchange market has reacted to the potential withdrawal by pushing him out to 19s while the bookies are still only offering 5/1, although this represented a bit of a movement outwards. I was simply pointing out how different these reactions were. Normally when a horse is 19s on the exchanges you'd expect to be able to get something like 14s at least from a bookie, not 5/1. The bookies still weren't prepared to take a chance on Solwhit but exchange punters (layers at least) were.

champion hurdle

What a difference a year makes?,do you remember a year ago the same horse backed as a good thing with several reported bets of £70000 - £40000.I wonder if the same people backed him yesturday.

Quote Originally Posted by mick56 View Post
    What a difference a year makes?,do you remember a year ago the same horse backed as a good thing with several reported bets of £70000 - £40000.I wonder if the same people backed him yesturday.
    I heard there was only 1/2 as much money riding on the Champion Hurdle as the Supreme Novice.

Think I said in another thread, 2nd strings (tho I think he was the third) & last years favourite, well that seems a good race for it.

But it was a case of out of site, out of mind with that Binocular for me yesterday. When I loaded the entries for the race into my spreadsheet, Binocular wasn't among them & he never got a mention in last week's Weekender stable interview with his trainer - dodgy so & so, that Henderson!

champion hurdle

Yes GS with the benefit of hindsight Trainers Neglected would appear a profitable approach to that race. Bit disillusioning?.

Quote Originally Posted by Godspot View Post
    But it was a case of out of site, out of mind with that Binocular for me yesterday. When I loaded the entries for the race into my spreadsheet, Binocular wasn't among them & he never got a mention in last week's Weekender stable interview with his trainer - dodgy so & so, that Henderson!
    Henderson gave him a glowing report at the preview panel at Sandown on Saturday...

Quote Originally Posted by mathare View Post
    Henderson gave him a glowing report at the preview panel at Sandown on Saturday...
    You should have highlighted your scribbles

What the race actually is generally has no bearing on the amount bet, I've seen a night race at a Wolves seller attract £2.5M, and that was last month

FREE Live Odds Comparison Software

Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Filipino UK Filipino Forum | Win2Win Racing - Free Tips

Quote Originally Posted by mick56 View Post
    Yes GS with the benefit of hindsight Trainers Neglected would appear a profitable approach to that race. Bit disillusioning?.
    Other races that I've noticed last year's favourite do well in would be the Gold Cup & the Grand Annual - was French Opera favourite last year? Fancy that some.

Was that, The Package, favourite yesterday? A good few years younger than the winner & finishing better - he'll be back!

champion hurdle

Yes The Package was most impressive yesturday.Unfortunately will probably be going in everyone's note book.But as you say next year!!! might be different.

Thread Information